Dunfeild... What did he find?

Skept

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was reading this just this morning, you may find it interesting.

It is apposite at this point to allow Robert Dunfield to express his conclusions in his own words:

“We resolved the water problem completely beyond a shadow of a doubt. Water enters through a natural water course and caves typical to the limestone and gypsum of the Windsor formation...... it would be impractical if not impossible to dig a flood tunnel 562 feet from the beach to the Money Pit. The Windsor would have flooded them out.” (22)

“As you understand from the sketch I sent to you flood tunnels to the Money Pit are ruled out owing to the presence of the Windsor formation at 140 feet in depth”. (23).

“We did not see evidence of any drains or tunnels.” (24).

Dennis King's article on the "Finger Drains"

The article itself is an attempt to prove the box drains as just a myth, but there's lots of good information about Dunfield's effort in the Appendixes. The author's theory that is an ancient salt works is interesting.

It seems he probably concluded there was nothing there to find. As much crap as Dunfield gets, he was one of few searchers who was actually a scientist.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was reading this just this morning, you may find it interesting.

It seems he probably concluded there was nothing there to find. As much crap as Dunfield gets, he was one of few searchers who was actually a scientist.

Take a read of this The Blockhouse Blog - The Oak Island Compendium Does science support a man-made flood tunnel on Oak Island?

As to the salt theory it has been discussed to death

here are my thoughts on why the theory lacks any plausibility

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...eory-naval-stores-j-steele-3.html#post5276066 (specific post)

His sources are also a bit dubious. Many that I have tried to find do not exist.

Dunfeild did not prove the flood tunnels did not exist he simply proved that the water was now linked to the subterranean water. Given that earlier treasure seekers had drilled down to this water than this is a likely reason that they are linked. Dundeild himself may of blocked the flood tunnels (I do not believe in the flood tunnels)

personally I find J.Steels argument re soil liquidfication very interesting and plausible.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a read of this The Blockhouse Blog - The Oak Island Compendium Does science support a man-made flood tunnel on Oak Island?

As to the salt theory it has been discussed to death

here are my thoughts on why the theory lacks any plausibility

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...eory-naval-stores-j-steele-3.html#post5276066 (specific post)

His sources are also a bit dubious. Many that I have tried to find do not exist.

Dunfeild did not prove the flood tunnels did not exist he simply proved that the water was now linked to the subterranean water. Given that earlier treasure seekers had drilled down to this water than this is a likely reason that they are linked. Dundeild himself may of blocked the flood tunnels (I do not believe in the flood tunnels)

personally I find J.Steels argument re soil liquidfication very interesting and plausible.

Yes he did prove flood tunnels do not exist running from smith's cove to the so called money pit. He dug up the entire beach area to deep depths and nothing was there...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes he did prove flood tunnels do not exist running from smith's cove to the so called money pit. He dug up the entire beach area to deep depths and nothing was there...
Yep.. I agree he dug up a lot of stuff and did not find much of anything...

He found the drains and traced them back to a pit/sump that had no tunnels leading off it.

So he did prove the finger drains were not linked to a flood tunnel (if we can believe what is reported).

As I said at the beginning... for the sake of speculation (I do not believe in the flood tunnels) The fact that he did not find them (or tell us about what he did find) does not prove that one does not exist. Lots of others pre Dunfeild searchers had been dynamiting etc to block of the tunnel. Maybe they we successful and it had caved in. That is why Dunfeild could not find it...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. I agree he dug up a lot of stuff and did not find much of anything...

He found the drains and traced them back to a pit/sump that had no tunnels leading off it.

So he did prove the finger drains were not linked to a flood tunnel (if we can believe what is reported).

As I said at the beginning... for the sake of speculation (I do not believe in the flood tunnels) The fact that he did not find them (or tell us about what he did find) does not prove that one does not exist. Lots of others pre Dunfeild searchers had been dynamiting etc to block of the tunnel. Maybe they we successful and it had caved in. That is why Dunfeild could not find it...

Well.....unless the flood tunnels were hundreds of feet deeper than the 100 feet Dunfield dug down to, there are no flood tunnels...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....unless the flood tunnels were hundreds of feet deeper than the 100 feet Dunfield dug down to, there are no flood tunnels...
If the tunnel had been blocked then he would not of found it when he dug his big hole...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flood tunnel hoax was created to explain ground water in the hole dug for the money pit hoax after the companies were running out of money and needed more investors...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that doesn't explain the Dunfield hole. He hit water and quit because of it not because he needed more money, he had his own money to play with.. and had been begging for a chance to take his shot at OI..( based off the Rystalls Book )

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that doesn't explain the Dunfield hole. He hit water and quit because of it not because he needed more money, he had his own money to play with.. and had been begging for a chance to take his shot at OI..( based off the Rystalls Book )

Hhmmm....another book written showing nothing had been found....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions