Blue Lips Blankenship Sniffing Wood

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No reason to post insulting remarks about Dan......

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand your statement. But this guy pursued his dream, he's a treasure hunter and aren't we all, to a smaller scale?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blueberry Push Pops are his fav.....

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jet stream. TV? One post?

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys a WWII vet, treasure hunter and all around tuff guy. He's in his 90's , show some respect !

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
On a serious note, what was the smell supposed to prove? Also, they kept commenting on the weight of the wood. If it had been under water for any time, it was probably waterlogged which would have added some serious weight.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy to BS an old man without risk to identify yourself !
You deserve to be put in the swamp ... :thumb_down:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on guys take it easy.. This is not having a go at Dan it is simply poking fun at all the sniffing of wood they do on the show.. If it wasn't for the title of the thread it would be quite funny really.

The idea that wood that been under the ground for who knows how long can be identified and dated by sniffing it. Who needs carbon dating?

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys a WWII vet, treasure hunter and all around tuff guy. He's in his 90's , show some respect !
Yep definitely tuff. I cannot imagine spending most of my life on OI. Frozen for half the year, cold and wet for the rest. His only close neighbor a man he did not like. He reminds me of my old uncle.. bushman and tracker. They were a different breed back in the day.

The world will loose a special man when he finally passes away....

Dan Blankenship

Dan is Rick and Marty’s partner and is the man who knows the most about Oak Island’s legends and its tightly guarded secrets. He’s spent the last 49 years and an untold fortune searching, drilling and digging. Dan read the same 1965 Reader’s Digest as Rick and, shortly thereafter, uprooted himself and his wife from their life in Florida to get in on the treasure hunt. To this day, he’s never given up. “It is way too late [to turn back],” says Dan. “It’s been too late for a good many years. I had a good contracting business in Florida. I had friends, a good reputation and I shucked it all to come up here and make a gamble.” Now at age 91, he hopes that with Rick, Marty and their team, his gamble will finally pay off.
http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island/cast/dan-blankenship

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I understand your statement. But this guy pursued his dream, he's a treasure hunter and aren't we all, to a smaller scale?

I'm not a treasure hunter. I'm a ring pull hunter, and also an earthworm hunter. A damned good one too. Probably the best in the PNW. Nobody digs more ring pulls and earthworms than I do.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a treasure hunter. I'm a ring pull hunter, and also an earthworm hunter. A damned good one too. Probably the best in the PNW. Nobody digs more ring pulls and earthworms than I do.

Hum...maybe we should have a pull tab hunter throw down and just see who the best is.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hum...maybe we should have a pull tab hunter throw down and just see who the best is.

That might make a better TV show! 2 categories. Pull Tabs and Earthworms!
Hey History.... you reading this? Next best show!!! LOL! :occasion14:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I find a lot of half worms - I always wonder how they got that way?

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue lips Blankenship! That's just plain mean lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread