What do people now think? Season 4 wrap up...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it would be interesting if people posted what they now think re treasure on OI after the end of season.

So please answer these specific questions (Briefly)

1. Do you think Treasure was ever in the money pit on OI?
2. Do you think treasure still exists in the money pit?
3. Which treasure story that was told did you find the most plausible?
4. Which treasure story do you most wish was true?
5. What was the reason for the coffer dam at Smiths cove?
6. What was the reason for the artificial beach at Smiths cover?
7. What was the source of the original water at 100 ft.
8. Who built Nolans cross and why?
9. Do you think the 90ft stone was 'authentic or a plant by the treasure seekers?
10. Do you think the following people still believe there is treasure on OI? Marty? Rick? Dan?
11. What do you believe is the 'most likely' source of the materials they removed from GAL in the last episode?
12. Do you believe that there is a need for a season 5 to resolve outstanding questions?

Please people just keep your answers brief and do not launch into criticisms of other people answers... Thank you...

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Do you think Treasure was ever in the money pit on OI? - Yes
2. Do you think treasure still exists in the money pit? - No
3. Which treasure story that was told did you find the most plausible? - The story told by the sisters (descendants)
4. Which treasure story do you most wish was true? - Knights Templar and religious artifacts
5. What was the reason for the coffer dam at Smiths cove? - Part of a naval stores/fishing/lumber/shipping operation
6. What was the reason for the artificial beach at Smiths cover? - To dry something. Probably seafood
7. What was the source of the original water at 100 ft? - Soil liquefaction caused by earth tremors. Collapsing the roof of one of those underground cavities and causing the soil to fall in.
8. Who built Nolans cross and why?- Slaves under the control of Jesuits that were running the naval stores(or other) operations. Why - Natural stones made a 'off center cross' and they moved some stones to make a perfect cross.
9. Do you think the 90ft stone was 'authentic or a plant by the treasure seekers? - Planted by treasure seekers or left over as part of Naval stores operation
10. Do you think the following people still believe there is treasure on OI? - Marty? No, Rick? Yes, Dan? Maybee
11. What do you believe is the 'most likely' source of the materials they removed from GAL in the last episode? - From the (Truo company I think) earlier searchers that felt the unground rumble it was when there was a collapse of the shafts. This is part of the rubble.
12. Do you believe that there is a need for a season 5 to resolve outstanding questions? - No (I do wish they had investigated the sisters claims more)

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice poll Gazzahk. Can't wait to read some of the replies!

1. Do you think Treasure was ever in the money pit on OI? No
2. Do you think treasure still exists in the money pit? No
3. Which treasure story that was told did you find the most plausible? British stealing Spanish Gold
4. Which treasure story do you most wish was true? Unexplained Items we do not want or need to know about!
5. What was the reason for the coffer dam at Smiths cove? Industry
6. What was the reason for the artificial beach at Smiths cover? Industry
7. What was the source of the original water at 100 ft? Natural occurrence
8. Who built Nolans cross and why? Some religious group
9. Do you think the 90ft stone was 'authentic or a plant by the treasure seekers? Fake, planted, hoax for money
10. Do you think the following people still believe there is treasure on OI? Marty? Rick? Dan? Marty - NO, Rick - Always will Dan - Yes
11. What do you believe is the 'most likely' source of the materials they removed from GAL in the last episode? Previous digging operations
12. Do you believe that there is a need for a season 5 to resolve outstanding questions? Yes, not much on Tuesday night. Helps keep this section going!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800

Yes. There are too many elaborate imaginative stories to say that there wasn't.

I do. I think there is a few valuable items left.

The original with the three boys digging the pit. As for who buried it, the English or Spanish.

Doesn't matter to me, just solve it.

I believe there were traps and the damn helped not only create them, but keep water out while digging.

A filter system.

Flood tunnels. The 90 foot stone was a reminder to build the coffer damn before going any further.

Not sure if it is natural or man made.

9. Do you think the 90ft stone was 'authentic or a plant by the treasure seekers?

It was real because of all the things to plant to get investors, a stone would be near the bottom of the list.

10. Do you think the following people still believe there is treasure on OI? Marty? Rick? Dan?

Yes to all, and even if they find it, some people will believe there is more and some will believe it is fake.

11. What do you believe is the 'most likely' source of the materials they removed from GAL in the last episode?

They are from a ship, and are part of the original money pit.

12. Do you believe that there is a need for a season 5 to resolve outstanding questions?

Yes. Send someone down in GAL and get this resolved. 10x is natural IMO and there is nothing there.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Do you think Treasure was ever in the money pit on OI? Oh Yes
2. Do you think treasure still exists in the money pit? Oh Yes
3. Which treasure story that was told did you find the most plausible? British stealing Spanish gold who stole it from the Aztecs who stole it from the Romans
4. Which treasure story do you most wish was true? Roman Sword
5. What was the reason for the coffer dam at Smiths cove? to confuse people
6. What was the reason for the artificial beach at Smiths cover? to confuse people
7. What was the source of the original water at 100 ft. Dowser who went too deep
8. Who built Nolans cross and why? romans, to confuse people
9. Do you think the 90ft stone was 'authentic or a plant by the treasure seekers? planted to confuse
10. Do you think the following people still believe there is treasure on OI? Marty? Rick? Dan? nO to all
11. What do you believe is the 'most likely' source of the materials they removed from GAL in the last episode? Romans
12. Do you believe that there is a need for a season 5 to resolve outstanding questions? Why stop at 5, lets go for season 555, Regina Lagina great great granddaughter of Rick will still be looking for the treasure

Last edited:

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread Gazzahk! I'm going to come back with my answers after giving it all some thought again.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Do you think Treasure was ever in the money pit on OI? - No
2. Do you think treasure still exists in the money pit? - No
3. Which treasure story that was told did you find the most plausible? - British
4. Which treasure story do you most wish was true? - Templars
5. What was the reason for the coffer dam at Smiths cove? - Repair boats
6. What was the reason for the artificial beach at Smiths cover? - No idea
7. What was the source of the original water at 100 ft? - Natural
8. Who built Nolans cross and why?- No idea
9. Do you think the 90ft stone was 'authentic or a plant by the treasure seekers? - Planted by treasure seekers
10. Do you think the following people still believe there is treasure on OI? - Marty? No, Rick? No, Dan? No
11. What do you believe is the 'most likely' source of the materials they removed from GAL in the last episode? - From earlier searchers
12. Do you believe that there is a need for a season 5 to resolve outstanding questions? - Yes but not on Oak Island

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think When the 2 Brothers take that Rail Road spike as it is.
Don't grind a Point on it. and a Sledge Hammer to one of their Homes.

& one holds it While the Other Hammers in into the Floor till it is Flush.

And it doesn't Destroy the Floor I will believe them.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

1. No
2. n/a
3. n/a
4. Searching for wishes is what gets folks down rabbit holes. Follow the evidence. I'd like it to be the Ruby Yacht of Omar Khayyam.
8Pv67zH.jpg
5. Prior treasure hunters
6. ditto
7. Aquifer
8. Nolan.
9. Rumor it existed was planted . May never have existed.
10. I think they hope. Won't venture to interpret someone else's beliefs.
11. Scrap from prior searches in the backfill when Dunfield plowed back in his excavations. There have been over a dozen "camps" to excavate with lots of timbers and equipment abandoned.
12. I think season 1 would have been sufficient if it was presented properly and they focused on the Island.

Last edited:

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
I think When the 2 Brothers take that Rail Road spike as it is.
Don't grind a Point on it. and a Sledge Hammer to one of their Homes.

& one holds it While the Other Hammers in into the Floor till it is Flush.

And it doesn't Destroy the Floor I will believe them.

What should they do with the 90 degree bracket? I dont even think the coffer dams and trenches exist. The stones appeared naturally placed to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread