From Nazi gold to the Holy Grail: the world’s most hunted treasures

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm quite confident I couldn't see people walking@ 1 mile away.. and the coconut fibre found is proof of nothing, other than it was used as a packing material for ships and if one digs the beach of any island in Mahone Bay you could probably find it there as well.....:thumbsup:

I'm looking out my window right now at a person walking across a bridge one mile away, you guys must be blind. You will not find coconut fibre dated to the 13th century just laying around because there was none anywhere in the Atlantic Basin including the Caribbean before 1500.

cheers, Loki

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coconut fibres on OI is no more proof Templars where there, any more than If I find coconut fibres in my backyard in Western Canada. You are confusing ‘proof’ with ‘conjecture’.

If you permit yourself to read meanings into (rather than drawing meanings out
of) the evidence, you can draw any conclusion you like.
-- Michael Keith, "The Bar-Code Beast", The Skeptical Enquirer Vol 12 No 4 p 416

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coconut fibres on OI is no more proof Templars where there, any more than If I find coconut fibres in my backyard in Western Canada. You are confusing ‘proof’ with ‘conjecture’.

If you permit yourself to read meanings into (rather than drawing meanings out
of) the evidence, you can draw any conclusion you like.
-- Michael Keith, "The Bar-Code Beast", The Skeptical Enquirer Vol 12 No 4 p 416

And you are confusing the word "proof" with the word "evidence". Your problem is you are not reading the dating part, hello, 13th century! And why can't you guys see somebody walking at one mile distance? Do Canadians generally have eye problems? But, at any rate we are talking about watching a group of workers building a massive monument as a memorial to Edward 1's Queen less than a mile from Temple Church! Could you see that do you think?
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coconut fibers on Oak Island do not link Templars to the region. More likely Polynesian explorers.

And if you were to pick a group that had actual and factual Pre-Columbian ties from as far as Africa to NewFoundland (potentially Nova Scotia) it would be the Norse.

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
So, Lokiblossom. walk us down the Strand in 1300- which buildings are there and which are not? Not matter how good your eye sight is, if the buildings are in the way....

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW... i have seen it all now.... bionic eyes ? And coconut fibers are not proof that anybody was anywhere . Better get the Atlanteans involved .

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, Lokiblossom. walk us down the Strand in 1300- which buildings are there and which are not? Not matter how good your eye sight is, if the buildings are in the way....

You tell me which buildings were there in 1297, I have two! Evidently I won the able to see people walking at a mile, right? And, actually it is about .8 of a mile.

Some two years ago I had figured my book was done and I was looking for a publisher, but since then I have probably completed more than a dozen edits, some very important to the premise's. If you could produce factual evidence of exactly which buildings were there I would include it, with your permission of course. I could not find anything myself that gave "specific" dates as to when something was there or was not, but I am handicapped by distance.

Looking back at what I had written in my book since our last discussion on the topic and the resulting edit, which I think was over a year ago, I had written, "Located a little less than a mile from the memorials site, the Knights would have watched it being built and in some capacity would have certainly attended the dedication"...

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coconut fibers on Oak Island do not link Templars to the region. More likely Polynesian explorers.

And if you were to pick a group that had actual and factual Pre-Columbian ties from as far as Africa to NewFoundland (potentially Nova Scotia) it would be the Norse.

So your Polynesian explorers crossed the Pacific Ocean and sailed around South America and up the Atlantic Ocean with cargo to Nova Scotia? And, Or your Norse sailed across to the Eastern Mediterranean picked up cargo sailed back across the Med. then the Atlantic Ocean to Nova Scotia?
When I can prove the Templars were in the Eastern Med during the correct time period, sailed back across the Med. at the correct time and disappeared under duress from an Atlantic Port in the correct time period.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
So your Polynesian explorers crossed the Pacific Ocean and sailed around South America and up the Atlantic Ocean with cargo to Nova Scotia? And, Or your Norse sailed across to the Eastern Mediterranean picked up cargo sailed back across the Med. then the Atlantic Ocean to Nova Scotia?
When I can prove the Templars were in the Eastern Med during the correct time period, sailed back across the Med. at the correct time and disappeared under duress from an Atlantic Port in the correct time period.
Cheers, Loki
Possible? Yes. Plausible? I don't think so.

We don't really know how far the Polynesians went, but it seems very likely that they had contact with South America prior to western contact. What is the simplest explanation for how the sweet potato crossed the Pacific?

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, has anyone researched if coconuts were grown in other regions closer to that area at that time? In geography in college, we learned that Greenland was actually more like the middle USA in climate not that long ago and many things grew there that do not grow there now. What I am saying is, maybe the coconuts did not have to come all the way from the tropics at that time? Maybe they grew wild in North America?

Just raising the possibility because, I mean, they did actually find the coconut fibers on Oak Island right? There are actually there and had to come from somewhere didn't they?

Bill

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely came from somewhere.

Perhaps it was an attempt to create a coconut plantation on the coast of Canada to cut down on the shipping costs of highly desirable coconut fiber for the huge North Atlantic demand for . . . parrot bedding?

But then, like Holland Tulips, the coir market collapsed and the project was abandoned.

Or, to put it another way, if that's the best you've got to show for "treasure" it ain't much.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely came from somewhere.

Perhaps it was an attempt to create a coconut plantation on the coast of Canada to cut down on the shipping costs of highly desirable coconut fiber for the huge North Atlantic demand for . . . parrot bedding?

But then, like Holland Tulips, the coir market collapsed and the project was abandoned.

Or, to put it another way, if that's the best you've got to show for "treasure" it ain't much.

I agree that the only thing it proves is that there are coconut fibers on Oak Island. Where they were from or why they were there is only speculation at this point in my opinion.

Bill

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, has anyone researched if coconuts were grown in other regions closer to that area at that time? In geography in college, we learned that Greenland was actually more like the middle USA in climate not that long ago and many things grew there that do not grow there now. What I am saying is, maybe the coconuts did not have to come all the way from the tropics at that time? Maybe they grew wild in North America?

Just raising the possibility because, I mean, they did actually find the coconut fibers on Oak Island right? There are actually there and had to come from somewhere didn't they?

Bill

I have researched that and no they did not. I have posted here the study's of several experts on the subject and the fact is that coconuts did not grow anywhere in the Atlantic Basin, including the Caribbean before 1499 when the Portuguese first introduced them. Far earlier, India was manufacturing the fibres of the coconut from around the Indian Ocean into "coir" used for rope and packing. Coir made its way into the Eastern Mediterranean region through trade with India. The Arabians used it extensively, and the Knights Templars as well as having fought with them, traded with them and sat in their prisons for over 200 years. In 1307 a Templar fleet left their Cyprus Headquarters bound for La Rochelle, France, a port they basically owned on the Atlantic Coast of France. In early September of 1307, after hearing of the French Kings plans to arrest all members of the order in France the vessels at La Rochelle disappeared.
The coconut fibre found at Oak Island has been dated to the year 1259 +or- 70 years. coincidence?, I think not!

Cheers, Loki

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The UK still and has always used the unit of miles and not kilometers. Most of the rest of Europe use kilometers though.
Hope this helps. :hello:

Hello 420, actually before 1500 the mile was 1000 Roman paces = 5000 Roman feet and after 1500 the London mile was 8 furlongs (furlong = 625 feet) = 5000
German feet.

And after a statute in 1593 it was reestablished for a shorter foot and the furlongs increased (660 feet) to todays mile of 5,280 feet.

So an answer for Smithbrown would be "Yes" the mile was shorter prior to 1593 by 280 feet.

Your Bud Aurum

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the coir could be proof that Arabians were on Oak Island? ;-)

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coconut fibre found at Oak Island has been dated to the year 1259 +or- 70 years. coincidence?, I think not!

Cheers, Loki
Daenerys-Targaryen-Eye-Roll-In.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread