Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think Loki is William Mann? Mann thinks that the Templars had a colony in Green Oaks not New Ross.

That's the reference i saw from the link too, Pippin. I certainly don't know but i would enjoy reading Loki's books . It's probably not Loki because those books in the link were selling for $2.98 ... must be some thin paperbacks. But then again i have paid ten times that amount for some books that were less than 20 pages.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think Loki is William Mann? Mann thinks that the Templars had a colony in Green Oaks not New Ross.

Maybe not. Mann seems to be Canadian. What I read on the Amazon descriptions does sound similar to what Loki goes on about.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "Templars Acadia book". I bet you'll find him there.

Baffles me as to why someone would say they have wrote some books but not list them when asked.
I thought the goal was to sell copies of your book.

I have a relative that self published a book and had 4 copies printed and gave them out as Christmas gifts to his children.
If you want to spend the money you can get a book printed and published.
He wasn't looking to make money just give out a neat Christmas gift.

Maybe Loki just wants to fill up his personal bookcase with his own self published books.
If he listed some of the titles I may buy one or 2.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Baffles me as to why someone would say they have wrote some books but not list them when asked.
I thought the goal was to sell copies of your book.

I have a relative that self published a book and had 4 copies printed and gave them out as Christmas gifts to his children.
If you want to spend the money you can get a book printed and published.
He wasn't looking to make money just give out a neat Christmas gift.

Maybe Loki just wants to fill up his personal bookcase with his own self published books.
If he listed some of the titles I may buy one or 2.

Its not self publisher, I am a publisher. I don't list them on forums (they are about local history and there's not very many anyhow) because its against forum rules. I do have a right to do what I wish with them.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its not self publisher, I am a publisher. I don't list them on forums (they are about local history and there's not very many anyhow) because its against forum rules. I do have a right to do what I wish with them.

Cheers, Loki

How does it feel to be a person of mystery? Keep them guessing eh.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all of the books I have written on a subject pertaining to settlements many get later names that replace earlier names,

This statement led me to believe there is a number of books.
I now understand there is not very many and they pertain to local history.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This statement led me to believe there is a number of books.
I now understand there is not very many and they pertain to local history.

Or it is a possibility that there are NO books. Not one shred of evidence has been posted to indicate anything else. I am not questioning anybody , just stating a fact that can be seen around the world ...by anybody who looks.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or it is a possibility that there are NO books. Not one shred of evidence has been posted to indicate anything else. I am not questioning anybody , just stating a fact that can be seen around the world ...by anybody who looks.

Certainly possible but publishing a book is not really that hard to do.

AuthorHouse will publish anything that gets typed on paper if you pay them.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few friends that have had books published in the past. They were small printing runs . Now i am not stating that he never had written any , but when he was asked for some titles all he said was no... and it was against forum rules. It is NOT against forum rules to name a book or a thousand books. If you follow the KGC section you will know that there is a researcher/ writer there who has several books published and when asked for titles he doesn't give smoke and mirrors he gives titles. Easy as pie. He is not asking you to buy them , just being honest and proving his statement. NO RULES VIOLATION. Naming something you have written and can be proven , when you refuse to provide any proof it just raises suspicion.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You guys are so funny it is unbelievable, and btw, I will say once again, I myself am a publisher, I do not use Authorhouse, although I did once and they did me Ok. As I said I have written a few books on local (Michigan History) , don't make anything more out of that than it is. There will be no evidence as I will not post any, take that for what it is.
I do have a book of about 400 pages on the Holy Grail, Nova Scotia, the Knights Templar and a religion called the Cathars which I have not published yet because I keep updating it.
If anybody is interested they could read up on the Cathars and their war with the Catholic Church in the 1200's. As a matter of fact, I think I will publish a little information on the subject here later this week, and it does concern the topic of this thread!
Cheers, Loki

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The most important one was the use of the "cross staff" for determining latitude.
Cheers, Loki

Hi Loki. Is there any evidence that the Templars, or their associates, knew any navigation techniques that would allow them to navigate on great circle segments? In other words, did they know how to navigate the shortest distance from one point on the globe to another? This knowledge would be very useful to any group who relied on trade to make them wealthy.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you don't know where you are going it isn't difficult to navigate there.

Having no known destination in the New World would not have required techniques. Just luck.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You guys are so funny it is unbelievable, and btw, I will say once again, I myself am a publisher, I do not use Authorhouse, although I did once and they did me Ok. As I said I have written a few books on local (Michigan History) , don't make anything more out of that than it is. There will be no evidence as I will not post any, take that for what it is.
I do have a book of about 400 pages on the Holy Grail, Nova Scotia, the Knights Templar and a religion called the Cathars which I have not published yet because I keep updating it.
If anybody is interested they could read up on the Cathars and their war with the Catholic Church in the 1200's. As a matter of fact, I think I will publish a little information on the subject here later this week, and it does concern the topic of this thread!
Cheers, Loki

I've read a bit about the Cathars and I found it quite fascinating. It was a pretty one sided war if I remember things correctly.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If you don't know where you are going it isn't difficult to navigate there.

Having no known destination in the New World would not have required techniques. Just luck.

I wasn't clear, sorry. I was thinking the Mediterranean area. From what I understand, in order to navigate a great circle segment, you must know how to determine latitude and longitude. The cross staff would give latitude but is there any evidence that the Templars, or any group associated with them, could determine longitude? Maybe there was some other way of determining the shortest route between two points.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Loki. Is there any evidence that the Templars, or their associates, knew any navigation techniques that would allow them to navigate on great circle segments? In other words, did they know how to navigate the shortest distance from one point on the globe to another? This knowledge would be very useful to any group who relied on trade to make them wealthy.

I don't think so. I have always premised that they would have used the Norse Route, i.e. Shetland's to Faroe's to Iceland, Greenland, and North America. With the ability to keep all open water segments to not much over 250 miles (more if they took shortcuts) water would not have been a problem.

A great circle route could be navigated by "dead reckoning", guessing at speed, latitude and longitude, which is basically what Lindbergh did in 1927. As far as a great circle route in the Mediterranean, I don't think it would work on much more than a small scale. Anyone traveling the length of the Med. would have to stop for water periodically anyhow.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've read a bit about the Cathars and I found it quite fascinating. It was a pretty one sided war if I remember things correctly.

Not as one-sided as you would think until the French King got involved. In the Languedoc, the local Catholics actually helped the Cathars.

In the city of Beziers alone, in 1209, on one day some 20,000 men, women, and children, both Cathar and Catholic were killed after the local Catholics refused to hand over the Cathars to the Pope's Crusader's.
Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Holy Grail (although not what most think it is) did pass through Oak Island, IMHO!
Cheers, Loki

To which Holy Grail are you referring to? There is the Cup that Christ drank out of at the Last Supper. There are two silver instruments that were used to catch the Blood of Christ. There was a golden instrument with three vials of the Blood of Christ and there was a Vial of Christ' Blood kept in Crystal. Which is the Holy Grail?

All of the above has a known location except the Cup of Christ from the Last Supper. Surely that is not the Holy Grail?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or Christ's wife? Some say the "Grail" is Christ's bloodline.

The Bible never mentions a "grail". just a cup.

The Sangreal is another post Dark-Ages (1,200 AD +/-) addition to the Christ story.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To which Holy Grail are you referring to? There is the Cup that Christ drank out of at the Last Supper. There are two silver instruments that were used to catch the Blood of Christ. There was a golden instrument with three vials of the Blood of Christ and there was a Vial of Christ' Blood kept in Crystal. Which is the Holy Grail?

All of the above has a known location except the Cup of Christ from the Last Supper. Surely that is not the Holy Grail?

What Charlie said!!!
Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread