From Nazi gold to the Holy Grail: the world’s most hunted treasures

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
off topic.... I recall watching this fascinating documentary about the lost arc of the covenant. The documentary followed leads about a group of jews that fled and headed towards Africa.... they believe that the arc is actually drum shaped and that it is in storage at a national museum of (cant remember which country [but it was war torn]) in Africa.... fascinating stuff!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
off topic.... I recall watching this fascinating documentary about the lost arc of the covenant. The documentary followed leads about a group of jews that fled and headed towards Africa.... they believe that the arc is actually drum shaped and that it is in storage at a national museum of (cant remember which country [but it was war torn]) in Africa.... fascinating stuff!

Certainly is, whether a person believes in a religion or not, the ancients did and they built such things as the Ark of the Covenant and they describe how they built them.
Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What was that you were saying about not spinning imaginary stories?

Sorry, but I don't consider that imaginary and I did say "IMHO" did I not? Imaginary, means fictional and the story of the Holy Grail is not fictional, very complicated, but not fictional. SS Officer Otto Rahn certainly didn't think so and neither did the hierarchy of the Nazi Party. They actually built a special room to keep it in when found. I suppose you think the Ark of the Covenant was also imaginary?

Cheers, Loki

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ethiopia?

Ethiopia?

ark_stmarychurch.jpg

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I don't consider that imaginary and I did say "IMHO" did I not? Imaginary, means fictional and the story of the Holy Grail is not fictional, very complicated, but not fictional. SS Officer Otto Rahn certainly didn't think so and neither did the hierarchy of the Nazi Party. They actually built a special room to keep it in when found. I suppose you think the Ark of the Covenant was also imaginary?

Cheers, Loki

"Cuz the Nazis said so" is hardly a compelling argument. Despite all the Nazis, pointing statues, and encoded poems, the grail and ark are fictional. There is no real evidence suggesting otherwise.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Nazi's also spent a lot of time and resources trying to create an army of the undead.
So does this mean zombies exist?

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
First rule of Historians- if you are going to bring in Nazis to support your claims, maybe time to go back and check your work.

And no, despite your claims to contrary, Charing Cross is not a "stone's thrown" from the Temple, not even the Nazis said so.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First rule of Historians- if you are going to bring in Nazis to support your claims, maybe time to go back and check your work.

And no, despite your claims to contrary, Charing Cross is not a "stone's thrown" from the Temple, not even the Nazis said so.

I believe the last thing I said was less than a mile which fits in well with my premise, which btw was only a premise. And, btw, Otto Rahn was forced to be an SS Officer and he was later found mysteriously dead. Also remember the "Nazi's" controlled some of the world's best minds.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Cuz the Nazis said so" is hardly a compelling argument. Despite all the Nazis, pointing statues, and encoded poems, the grail and ark are fictional. There is no real evidence suggesting otherwise.

Sure there is, there's quite a write up in the Bible about the Ark of the Covenant and how it was built.

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure there is, there's quite a write up in the Bible about the Ark of the Covenant and how it was built.

Cheers, Loki

There's also quite a write-up about Noah and his ark, and how it was built. That doesn't mean that two of each animal were crammed on board (an impossibility), that the entire world was flooded (an impossibility) and that human civilization was rebuilt from that one family (an impossibility). The bible also goes on about talking snakes, guys living in whales, and that the universe and everything in it was created in six days.

The bible is not a credible source of historical information. It's fiction.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The bible is not a credible source of historical information. It's fiction.

Not all of it, much of it concerns the history of the Jewish people. Genesis, not so much? The Ark of the Covenant was buildable, possible, and mentioned in many more than one account. And btw, its Jonah and a fish, not a whale, there is a difference.

A side note, Otto Rahn is considered by some to be the model for Indiana Jones! He wrote two books on his search for the Holy Grail, oh, and they were not fiction.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
No, here's what you wrote a year ago:

the actual Charing Cross in London is within a stones throw of the Templars London Temple. Well, at least close enough that the Templars would have watched it being built, and as a matter of fact would certainly have attended the dedication by Edward I.

It's a 20 minute walk- They must have had awfully good eyesight!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No, here's what you wrote a year ago:

the actual Charing Cross in London is within a stones throw of the Templars London Temple. Well, at least close enough that the Templars would have watched it being built, and as a matter of fact would certainly have attended the dedication by Edward I.

It's a 20 minute walk- They must have had awfully good eyesight!

I'm in Florida looking right now at a site a mile away and I can see people walking also I believe the distance from Temple Church to the memorials location was somewhat less than a mile. I'm sure I could see a large elaborate memorial being built and the memorial at Charing Cross was alleged to be the grandest of all. Besides, recently, as I edit my book on the Grail, I have explained the Charing Cross connection as an interesting coincidence.

Cheers, Loki

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
"an interesting coincidence"... That's a bit of a downgrade.

Seriously you can see people walking a mile away? Phew that's good eyesight. But of course there were many building between Charing and the Temple, which you did not know about. They might block the view.

And still. Have you actually found a shred of CONTEMPORARY documentary evidence?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"an interesting coincidence"... That's a bit of a downgrade.

Seriously you can see people walking a mile away? Phew that's good eyesight. But of course there were many building between Charing and the Temple, which you did not know about. They might block the view.

And still. Have you actually found a shred of CONTEMPORARY documentary evidence?

If you can't, I'm sure all would agree, that's pretty poor eyesight. Yes, there were more structures than I thought, but less than you claimed, which might mean they would have maybe gone to the tower or something for the view. And yes it is a downgrade. Although, I still have not found a source that tells how early Charing Cross Nova Scotia received that name.

Evidence of what? The coconut fibre and its dating is very good evidence of Knights Templars landing on Oak Island. The fact that a large number of their vessels escaped France and disappeared adds credence to that premise. There is evidence that they gained a knowledge of some important secret from The Cathars before the Cathars were purged from the Planet by the Church. Otto Rahn had found evidence that the Cathars held the secret to the Holy Grail. There's lots of evidence of lots of things which is why I'm writing a 400 page book on the subject, which btw, I am constantly updating.
cheers, Loki

Last edited:

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can't, I'm sure all would agree, that's pretty poor eyesight. ...The coconut fibre and its dating is very good evidence of Knights Templars landing on Oak Island.

I'm quite confident I couldn't see people walking@ 1 mile away.. and the coconut fibre found is proof of nothing, other than it was used as a packing material for ships and if one digs the beach of any island in Mahone Bay you could probably find it there as well.....:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread