What will possibly be discovered near Oak island at Charing Cross (New Ross) by FK.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And that will still be the case when he is done.

He's going in with a bias to find something he wants rather than examining the site carefully for existing evidence.

Real archaeology is done with small trowels and hair brushes and careful measurement and documentation. Not TV cameras.

You're right Charlie and I think I hinted at that in my last post. I assisted on a dig once and it is very tedious, but what I'm hoping for might be a little easier to find.

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to a site near Annapolis Basin that I have written Nova Scotia Museums about on three different occasions with little response (I did have two). I fully understand this, but with evidence of a 14th century European presence (particularly Templar) I would have the evidence I need to present to N.S.M's.. This is too important to go attack a site illegally which is why I want their support.

So hire a private archaeologist, draw the necessary permits, and get the job done.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So hire a private archaeologist, draw the necessary permits, and get the job done.

That can set a person back quite a bit. I'd try the university to see if you can someone interested. No way would I mention the Templars because they won't come near the place. I'd say Acadian and they might bite.

The provincial government won't touch it unless its a Mi'kmaq or black settlers site. They don't have the manpower. They hardly ever check into Acadian sites now a days. I have heard of and have seen some horror stories in regards to historical sites in NS. A lot of very important sites are being bulldozed because of the new heritage laws.

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you close to this area? I am an architect, geologist, archeologist, I will help you find treasure on Oak island!
Send me a message! The KEY is the stone cross!

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone close? I have just figured out the clue! The stone cross is the key! After all I am Wm the Conqueror, Master of the Craft, Zen Master! I do not
spew BS! TRUTH IS WISDOM!

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I came here for the conversation, but I stayed for the characters.

And we certainly have some characters here.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right Charlie and I think I hinted at that in my last post. I assisted on a dig once and it is very tedious, but what I'm hoping for might be a little easier to find.

Cheers, Loki

Hi Loki,
Has the area ever been scanned using LIDAR? May help in distinguishing roads or foundations from the 14th century.
Another thing I'd seen on the show "Expedition Unknown" was to use a drone with a thermal imager after a hot day. Any metal relics hold onto the heat after dark.

Your Bud Aurum

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Loki, I had a talk with Ross Farms Museum and Historical Soc. and they back up your words about the Caring Cross name you used before . There was a school called by this name for years in New Ross. So you were right :occasion14:

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There maybe not historical records, but there are plenty of clues! The rocks are the historical record that one needs!The stone cross of rocks are the KEYS!Remember to find the treasures has to be simple, you are making to hard on yourself and others! The story is fullfill your story and then tell us, has to have a conclusion!

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the easy way! Go to the closest, oldest cemetery and find a grave, templar, masonic and use your compass! It will be staring right at the treasure! That SIMPLE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread