What will possibly be discovered near Oak island at Charing Cross (New Ross) by FK.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Actually I read quite well.......well enough to see how impressed you were by a couple random retaining walls.

I also read well enough to know that people have been looking for over 50 years on the Joan Harris property and have yet to find anything 14th century.

No you don't and I will discuss this subject with almost anybody but "YOU". You don't want to discuss, you only want to belittle and I don't have time for that.

Cheers, Loki

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How Did You Become So Jaded...How Did Life's Mysteries Become So Faded!

Actually I read quite well.......well enough to see how impressed you were by a couple random retaining walls.

I also read well enough to know that people have been looking for over 50 years on the Joan Harris property and have yet to find anything 14th century.

50 Years... Is Just a Drop in the Bucket!...A Bucket List!

Been to most and it took "Many Years"

Angkor Wat.jpg Chichen Itza.jpg machu Pichu.jpg Easter Island.jpg Stonehedge.jpg Tikal.jpg

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No you don't and I will discuss this subject with almost anybody but "YOU". You don't want to discuss, you only want to belittle and I don't have time for that.

That surprised me.I would have thought you were also the captain of your debate team to go along with all your other great accomplishments in your career.

It is better off that you refuse to engage me because I can do much better then saying "you don't read well" and then running off with my tail between my legs and try and claim I am belittling you when facts that don't fit your premise are presented.

You belittled your premise by posting that 2 random photos had you thinking about revising it.If those 2 walls were good enough to make you think about revising your premise the first question would naturally be what was it even based on to start with.

And of course we have the problem that puts Europeans on the Harris property in 1309ish......that property has been tossed a number of times.And not one thing has been found to support your 1300's premise.

Why did you start the thread and then quickly turn it to your own premise ....of which there is already a thread and discussion?
Surely you didn't expect a serious discussion about someone finding an exact copy of Stonehenge minus the stones that were removed in 1960.......did you?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And of course we have the problem that puts Europeans on the Harris property in 1309ish......that property has been tossed a number of times.And not one thing has been found to support your 1300's premise.

Why did you start the thread and then quickly turn it to your own premise

I changed my mind, I will discuss this even with someone who thinks they would need a building permit at Charing Cross in the 14th century, because it is in my own vested interest to keep this subject alive!

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Build what? Robot showed us some marvelous examples of architecture and lithic remnants.

Similar features are completely lacking at Oak Island and New Ross.

Maybe we got the group of Templars that were the hairdressers and telephone sanitizers who lacked any practical skills and could only come up with a rock garden before they perished?

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build what? Robot showed us some marvelous examples of architecture and lithic remnants.

Well you see, Charlie, because they were hiding a super secret treasure, the completely dismantled any structures they had constructed. So the fact that there is absolutely no tangible evidence that they were here is, in fact, proof that they WERE here.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Maybe we got the group of Templars that were the hairdressers and telephone sanitizers who lacked any practical skills and could only come up with a rock garden before they perished?

Well Charlie, perhaps you forgot that all I premised was a small fortress, probably even a log structure set on some of the stone footings that have been discovered at Charing Cross. Even the expert residing in the detractors camp claimed they were structure footings. One thing to remember is that at no time has there been a real archaeological study of the site.

Cheers, Loki

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you see, Charlie, because they were hiding a super secret treasure, the completely dismantled any structures they had constructed. So the fact that there is absolutely no tangible evidence that they were here is, in fact, proof that they WERE here.

lol, they musta been here in Charing Edmonton also, and Charing Winnipeg, and Charing Sault Ste. Marie....

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol, they musta been here in Charing Edmonton also, and Charing Winnipeg, and Charing Sault Ste. Marie....

Yep, there are Charing Cross sites all over, I never denied that, but I don't think they were called "Charing" and the name of the town, because that was the name of the town. I thought it was like, Charing Cross, Ontario, or Charing Cross, Alberta. But the original was Charing Cross near London, and that is where some of the parchments from Rennes le Chateau are now kept. Of course that particular Charing Cross is not a town, but part of London, as a matter of fact the place from where distances to and from London are measured.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Someone built a log structure in Canada!

What are the chances?

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing to remember is that at no time has there been a real archaeological study of the site.

There was an actual archeologist that at one time owned the property and did his own excavations....and found nothing of interest.

Once again facts get in the way of your premise.

But since you want to talk about building codes again.
You say you are a successful building contractor in the state of Michigan building large structures.
Turns out the "large" structures are nothing more then unattached 1 or 2 car garages.
And also when linked to Michigan state codes your reply was

"Those must be for some other part of Michigan"

A successful contractor building large structures but is confused over state codes?
That raises huge alarm bells and brings this song to mind.

https://www.vevo.com/watch/brad-paisley/online/USAV60700025

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What will possibly be discovered near Oak island at Charing Cross (New Ross) ...

Come on fellas, this is the Legends section of the Forum. Loki's working theory intertwines with Oak Island legend. There's no Rules against speculation. I enjoy reading his posts.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was an actual archeologist that at one time owned the property and did his own excavations....and found nothing of interest.

Once again facts get in the way of your premise.

But since you want to talk about building codes again.
You say you are a successful building contractor in the state of Michigan building large structures.
Turns out the "large" structures are nothing more then unattached 1 or 2 car garages.
And also when linked to Michigan state codes your reply was

"Those must be for some other part of Michigan"

A successful contractor building large structures but is confused over state codes?
That raises huge alarm bells and brings this song to mind.

Who was this actual archaeologist, and did he know how to spell the word? How about the student archaeologist who wrote there probably was a structure there, meaning where Joan said there was.

Fact; There was a structure where Joan said it was.

Fact; The area was first called Charing Cross.

Fact; I never said I only built garages, I have built many structures, both large and small, and for the sake of this discussion, who cares what I have built?

Fact; I wrote that building codes are area sensitive, and that my area of Michigan is mostly sand resulting in a requirement for shallower footings. If you can't understand that you shouldn't be having a construction related discussion.

Fact; You are the one who is confused about state codes.

880 views already, thanks guys!

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem. I believe there were hundreds of thousands of wood structures built in Canada by folks completely unrelated to the Templars; or pirates, leprechauns and space aliens.

nlc008916-v6.jpg

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fact; There was a structure where Joan said it was.

Maybe. If there was, so what? In the decades that the property has been ransacked by various pseudo-historians, not one iota of pre-settler presence has been found. No Phoenicians, no Celts, no English, no Norse, and no Templars. Nothing presented by Harris or FK (what laughable items that they have presented as evidence, anyway) indicates that if there was a structure there, that it was anything other than what would be expected there.

Fact; The area was first called Charing Cross.

No it wasn't. If it was, there would be some official record of it. There isn't.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe. If there was, so what? In the decades that the property has been ransacked by various pseudo-historians, not one iota of pre-settler presence has been found. No Phoenicians, no Celts, no English, no Norse, and no Templars. Nothing presented by Harris or FK (what laughable items that they have presented as evidence, anyway) indicates that if there was a structure there, that it was anything other than what would be expected there.

No it wasn't. If it was, there would be some official record of it. There isn't.

There isn't always a historical record, but in this case the New Ross Historical Society says it was "Charing Cross". So just admit you were wrong, it isn't hard, I've even done it myself on occasion.

Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread