What will possibly be discovered near Oak island at Charing Cross (New Ross) by FK.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In my own humble opinion, I would expect him (or somebody who eventually archaeologically investigates the site) to find evidence of a 14th century habitation that at some point had been removed. At or near Blue Mountain (a small settlement on the watershed divide a few miles from New Ross) there should be a marker referencing a later site near Annapolis Basin.

Interestingly, several of the parchments discovered at Rennes le Chateau were locked in a bank vault at Charing Cross, London.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information relating to Oak Island! I'm anxious to see what this season's show brings.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FK will find nothing at New Ross (not Charing Cross ... never was Charing Cross), because there is nothing there to find, with the exception of maybe the remains of 19th century settlement or industry.

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That you don't accept New Ross having at first been called Charing Cross is ridiculous. Perhaps, you are one of those with a vested interest in denying that name so this reply is not for your benefit, only for anybody else who reads these posts with interest.

As you have seen, a respected area historian who had lived there all her life has written that it was called Charing Cross. Many villages and settlements have begun with names that are later changed.

A town near me in Michigan was called by two early names, Lyndonville and Beecher, and neither appear on maps. When a man named Sumner Thompson who had brought in the railroad died, the two villages became Thompsonville.

The reason I posted that, IMHO evidence of a 14th century habitation (Templar btw) will be discovered at Charing Cross and there will be a marker at Blue Mountain, is so that when it is I can claim vindication.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not one map, not one government document, not one provincial directory, not one survey report not one scrap of historical data supports your claim.

Perhaps, you are one of those with a vested interest in denying that name so this reply is not for your benefit...

I think you're projecting here, Loki. I think that you are the one with a vested interested in this false 'Charing Cross' claim. How's the book coming?

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As I have reported many times, I have a photo of a gun emplacement at Charing Cross (it says so on the concrete stand its on), also a photo of a memorial to the guns site that replaced the concrete stand. The historical record of Caroline Leopold a longtime New Ross resident and there is the Charing Cross Garden Club of New Ross. Maybe you didn't read my reference to the Town of Thompsonville, Michigan that began as two other settlements that did not appear on maps. I can site numerous other examples. I will not of course because I don't think anyone else would doubt the claim, which again brings up the question.
Why is it so important in your opinion to state that New Ross was never named Charing Cross?

The book is coming fine, its actually done, but I keep updating with loads of new information.

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have reported many times, I have a photo of a gun emplacement at Charing Cross (it says so on the concrete stand its on), also a photo of a memorial to the guns site that replaced the concrete stand. The historical record of Caroline Leopold a longtime New Ross resident and there is the Charing Cross Garden Club of New Ross.

Again, if all you have is a WWI gun with "Charing Cross" on it, the name of a garden club, and the unsupported word of a local amateur historian, then your claim can't be taken seriously. You'd think that any researcher who wanted to be seen as having any credibility at all would at least make an effort to find some primary source documentation supporting their claim.

Maybe you didn't read my reference to the Town of Thompsonville, Michigan that began as two other settlements that did not appear on maps. I can site numerous other examples. I will not of course because I don't think anyone else would doubt the claim, which again brings up the question.

I did, and I disregarded it, because it is irrelevant. Because it may have happened in that (those) case(s), doesn't mean it happened in the case of New Ross.

Why is it so important in your opinion to state that New Ross was never named Charing Cross?

Because facts matter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Again, if all you have is a WWI gun with "Charing Cross" on it, the name of a garden club, and the unsupported word of a local amateur historian, then your claim can't be taken seriously. You'd think that any researcher who wanted to be seen as having any credibility at all would at least make an effort to find some primary source documentation supporting their claim.

A quote from the Garden Club historical site; "New Ross and district is made up of several smaller areas, The main village is sometimes referred to as 'Charing Cross' "

The inscription on the memorial for the German field gun; " CHARING CROSS, This Monument replaces the German field gun and inscription, 1914-1928 originally placed at Charing Cross by Mr. Oscar Elliott, New ross Historical Society, 2010"

quote from Caroline (Broome) Leopold in her 'History of New Ross' 1966; Extent of New Ross: it embraces the smaller communities of Fortier, Leville, Glengary and Seffernville, in addition to the central Charing Cross" and further writes... "Charing Cross, the central section of New Ross received its name in the early days of the settlement of Sherbrooke. The name is usually shortened to "The Cross".

Cheers, Loki

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quote from the Garden Club historical site; "New Ross and district is made up of several smaller areas, The main village is sometimes referred to as 'Charing Cross' "

The inscription on the memorial for the German field gun; " CHARING CROSS, This Monument replaces the German field gun and inscription, 1914-1928 originally placed at Charing Cross by Mr. Oscar Elliott, New ross Historical Society, 2010"

quote from Caroline (Broome) Leopold in her 'History of New Ross' 1966; Extent of New Ross: it embraces the smaller communities of Fortier, Leville, Glengary and Seffernville, in addition to the central Charing Cross" and further writes... "Charing Cross, the central section of New Ross received its name in the early days of the settlement of Sherbrooke. The name is usually shortened to "The Cross".

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry, but you are wrong, this is enough information to say for a certainty that the area generally called the "Cross" at New Ross, was first called "Charing Cross". The "placed at Charing Cross by Mr. Oscar Elliot" on a memorial slab installed by the 'New Ross Historical Society' is, by itself enough information to establish the fact.

Cheers, Loki

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That you don't accept New Ross having at first been called Charing Cross is ridiculous. Perhaps, you are one of those with a vested interest in denying that name so this reply is not for your benefit, only for anybody else who reads these posts with interest.

As you have seen, a respected area historian who had lived there all her life has written that it was called Charing Cross. Many villages and settlements have begun with names that are later changed.

A town near me in Michigan was called by two early names, Lyndonville and Beecher, and neither appear on maps. When a man named Sumner Thompson who had brought in the railroad died, the two villages became Thompsonville.

The reason I posted that, IMHO evidence of a 14th century habitation (Templar btw) will be discovered at Charing Cross and there will be a marker at Blue Mountain, is so that when it is I can claim vindication.

Cheers, Loki

Loki have you've been to Blue Mountain to look for the marker and I'm trying to understand why they would even put one there. Weren't they trying to hide something and if so why point the direction . It seems to me that if they were hiding something in Annapolis Basin they would have done so at the beginning and not when forced to do so. I'm also assuming that you've been to that site as well. What time frame are we looking at here?

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ated-new-ross-nova-scotia-51.html#post5285742

POST #765

This sums up Loki's research material for his premise.

When 2 photos of feeble retaining walls built with rocks that are clearly not cut are being considered worthy of advancing a premise.It makes one wonder what he used as a basis to even start the premise.

It is not a surprise he has to pay AuthorHouse to publish his books if the content is based off photos like these.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
My apologies as this is pretty far off ponit, but...
My hometown, (Danbury, CT - former Hat Capitol of the World), was originally called "Swampville". Imagine what that would do for real estate values. Maybe that's where the term "Swamp Yankee" came from. BTW, there are hardly any of them left in Danbury - Swamp Yankees, that is. The last hat factory closed many years ago.
HH
dts

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki have you've been to Blue Mountain to look for the marker and I'm trying to understand why they would even put one there. Weren't they trying to hide something and if so why point the direction . It seems to me that if they were hiding something in Annapolis Basin they would have done so at the beginning and not when forced to do so. I'm also assuming that you've been to that site as well. What time frame are we looking at here?

I have not looked for the marker at Blue Mountain yet as I have only recently come across the evidence for it. I have been to the site near Annapolis Basin. The something they were hiding was meant to be found when it is safe enough.
Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ated-new-ross-nova-scotia-51.html#post5285742

POST #765

This sums up Loki's research material for his premise.

When 2 photos of feeble retaining walls built with rocks that are clearly not cut are being considered worthy of advancing a premise.It makes one wonder what he used as a basis to even start the premise.

It is not a surprise he has to pay AuthorHouse to publish his books if the content is based off photos like these.

You don't read very well do you? I said that although I did use Author House (many years ago) I am now myself a publisher. And btw, when I did use Author House I was quite satisfied and I would recommend that route to any budding author.

Yep, you have no idea what I used as a basis to start my premise.
Cheers, Loki

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thread in the oak island forum that has nothing to do with oak island...

OP
OP
L

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another thread in the oak island forum that has nothing to do with oak island...

Hi Mr Wonder, IMHO, the Knights Templars first landed at Oak Island before exploring the Gold River and what is now New Ross. Therefore, by using Oak Island as a base the two were inexorably connected, again IMHO.
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And these outlandish claims are based on . . . . ?

No; wait. Forget it. That would just start another five years of tail chasing.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't read very well do you?

Actually I read quite well.......well enough to see how impressed you were by a couple random retaining walls.

I also read well enough to know that people have been looking for over 50 years on the Joan Harris property and have yet to find anything 14th century.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread