Back from our trip/ we have proof the Vikings were here before the Templars

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Like the Templars, the Icelanders are known to have traveled to the Middle East. Unlike the Templars, they're also known to have traveled to Canada.

So yes, as likely. More likely, actually.

So you have proof that the Templars never been to North American Continent? Please Share...and don't tell us you can't prove a negative...real tired of hearing that. People are saying that the remnants of their ships cant be found here so show me where the remnants are? Simple huh...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Of course with a Mayan pyramid found in Georgia, perhaps the Mayans came further north to oak island and the coconut fibers were from the meals they packed for the trip?

How about this, the early people of the First Nation when they came across the land bridge from Siberia created civilizations as they migrated south and across the North American Continent. The "Pyramids" are actually remnants of people "Pre-Mayan". Just a theory...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Don't be so sure Charlie. Poussin painted his two versions of The Arcadian Shepherds at a time when the area of Acadia was just being explored by French Sailors and would have been in the thoughts of every Frenchman. He also was in tune with what has been called the 'Underground Stream' of knowledge. IMHO, he left clues pointing to Acadia as did the Anson's with their own version (although reversed)of The Arcadian Shepherds at Shugborough Hall in the UK, which also contains a coded inscription on the monument that if deciphered as coordinates leads to Nova Scotia.
Cheers, Loki

The "Shepherds" point to something in the painting...On Poussin tomb the inscription say that he gave his live without really dying. Another person did that in Biblical History...Enoch...Favored by God, he was give the gift to speak the "Language of the Birds" or the Language of the Angels". He never experienced death either, God had just taken him to heaven. The Stone Carvings around Nova Scotia, are the true Shepherds of Arcadia", they point the way..."Gifts from God"...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
So you have proof that the Templars never been to North American Continent? Please Share...and don't tell us you can't prove a negative...real tired of hearing that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

I can't prove that the Templars never went to North America. I also can't prove that European neanderthals didn't sail to Mexico in nuclear aircraft carriers. Likewise, I can't prove that Russell's teapot is not whirling around in space somewhere. You, in turn, will not be able to prove that I'm not actually Donald Trump, and that I don't discuss Oak Island on Tnet when Twitter won't load and I can't antagonize North Korea via tweets.

Do you see how this works?

People are saying that the remnants of their ships cant be found here so show me where the remnants are? Simple huh...

You made the claim. Prove it if you can. Would you like me to prove that the Icelanders had been to both Canada and the Middle East by ~ 1000 AD? This can be done with two Google search terms that I've mentioned here before. I would hope that you know what they are, but if you don't, just ask.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like the Templars, the Icelanders are known to have traveled to the Middle East. Unlike the Templars, they're also known to have traveled to Canada.

So yes, as likely. More likely, actually.

The Norse (Icelanders) were trading in the Middle East far earlier, and at the time the Norse sailors in the Middle East were not the Norse Icelanders.

Sure, Vikings could have been in Nova Scotia before the Templars and I believe we will find proof that they were, but I don't think its likely they brought coir with them.
Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you have proof that the Templars never been to North American Continent? Please Share...and don't tell us you can't prove a negative...real tired of hearing that.

Can't speak for Dave - but if you are tired of hearing that you can't prove a negative then prove your positive. I have no doubt you're sick of hearing it. Because it easily deflates your wild premise. Fantastic claims require fantastic proof. Where is the evidence?

I can't prove Martians, Mermaids or Elvis never visited Oak Island. I'm not tired of hearing you make propositions that the Templars did visit North America when there is no proof. I just think it's silly.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
The Norse (Icelanders) were trading in the Middle East far earlier, and at the time the Norse sailors in the Middle East were not the Norse Icelanders.

You're being imprecise with your verbiage again.

Sure, Vikings could have been in Nova Scotia before the Templars and I believe we will find proof that they were, but I don't think its likely they brought coir with them.

You use the term "viking" a lot. Are you using it as a synonym for "Norse"?

I don't see why the Norse would or would not have brought coconut fibers with them, just as I don't see why neo-Templars would or would not have brought coconut fibers with them. They both had access to coconut fibers. The significant difference here is that one of these groups definitely went to Canada.

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Corn Husk for toilet paper in the early colonies, Coconut fiber for the Norse and Templar's??? It's not a secret water ditch. its an old latrine. JMO :) Kind of like some of their (Oak Island guys) theories, full of poop.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Can't speak for Dave - but if you are tired of hearing that you can't prove a negative then prove your positive. I have no doubt you're sick of hearing it. Because it easily deflates your wild premise. Fantastic claims require fantastic proof. Where is the evidence?

I can't prove Martians, Mermaids or Elvis never visited Oak Island. I'm not tired of hearing you make propositions that the Templars did visit North America when there is no proof. I just think it's silly.

Lets simplify this...Is it "Plausible" that the Templars could have came to the North American continent based on the circumstantial evidence at hand? Your saying no because of lack of "Verifiable Proof" and I say yes because of "Circumstantial Evidence". We are at a in-pass because neither at hand has the hard evidence to disprove the other.

As for the whole Martians, Mermaid or Elvis visiting Oak Island...I believe that falls under the "silly"...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot

I can't prove that the Templars never went to North America. I also can't prove that European neanderthals didn't sail to Mexico in nuclear aircraft carriers. Likewise, I can't prove that Russell's teapot is not whirling around in space somewhere. You, in turn, will not be able to prove that I'm not actually Donald Trump, and that I don't discuss Oak Island on Tnet when Twitter won't load and I can't antagonize North Korea via tweets.

Do you see how this works?

You made the claim. Prove it if you can. Would you like me to prove that the Icelanders had been to both Canada and the Middle East by ~ 1000 AD? This can be done with two Google search terms that I've mentioned here before. I would hope that you know what they are, but if you don't, just ask.

I have brought the proof at hand, circumstantial as is appears. Your non acceptance of what I offer is non consequential. I offer a plausible answer with evidence at hand, and your saying Icelander came here leaving Runic, Templar and Norse legends with Christian symbols as validation of the occupation...I say the same symbols were left by creative Templar as markers, but to what...

As for you being Trump...not a chance, Trump and his supporters aren't waiting for the Media tell them what to think...They look for their own answers...

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Corn Husk for toilet paper in the early colonies, Coconut fiber for the Norse and Templar's??? It's not a secret water ditch. its an old latrine. JMO :) Kind of like some of their (Oak Island guys) theories, full of poop.

Really! I kind of take offence to that comment seeing I am one of those "Oak Island Guys"...

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You use the term "viking" a lot. Are you using it as a synonym for "Norse"?

Erik the Red was a Viking and his son who is said to have discovered North America was considered a Viking in his early days so I believe I was somewhat accurate in using the term. If not please correct me.

Cheers, Loki

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
I have brought the proof at hand, circumstantial as is appears.

Circumstantial as it appears, yes. Are there other proofs that are less circumstantial that point at other factors?

Your non acceptance of what I offer is non consequential.

Why is my non-acceptance of what you're offering inconsequential? You're trying to convince people of something, and I'm not convinced. I've explained why, and I thought that I did so in a clear and rational way. Were our roles reversed, I'd be very concerned.

I offer a plausible...

Very debatable. I'm not alone in this opinion.

...answer with evidence at hand, and your saying Icelander came here leaving Runic, Templar and Norse legends with Christian symbols as validation of the occupation...I say the same symbols were left by creative Templar as markers, but to what...

Perhaps you should tell us more about those legends then, including their provenance. Do we know for certain who carved them?

If I were a Templar carving up rocks with mysterious symbols in order to hide a treasure that was buried in the area, what sort of inscriptions would be appropriate to convince random passers-by that there was nothing worthy of investigation in the area?

As for you being Trump...not a chance, Trump and his supporters aren't waiting for the Media tell them what to think...They look for their own answers...

Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. I think that I would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that! :laughing7:

All joking aside, define "media." Does your definition of "media" include works of fiction being marketed as pseudohistory? If I had a theory about a buried treasure that didn't jive with two centuries of tradition associated with said treasure, would I attempt to disprove the parts that didn't work with my new theory, or would I simply pretend that those two centuries hadn't happened? Would that make my theory more or less solid?

Really! I kind of take offence to that comment seeing I am one of those "Oak Island Guys"...

Ah. Things are becoming clearer now.

I am not one of those "Oak Island Guys," but I read a bit and I think critically. Does the fact that I have no money on the line make my opinion less, or more valid than someone that does?

What do you think about the Icelander theory? I'm not convinced that they went to Oak Island, but it would take no stretch of the imagination to think that they could have. In my mind, that establishes this theory as being far more plausible than the Templar one. I don't have a good reason why they would have brought coconut fibers with them, but I'm not sure why Templars would have done that either.

Erik the Red was a Viking and his son who is said to have discovered North America was considered a Viking in his early days so I believe I was somewhat accurate in using the term. If not please correct me.

I knew what you were referring to, so I'd say that that was close enough. That was not what I was referring to when I mentioned that your terminology was imprecise.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Circumstantial as it appears, yes. Are there other proofs that are less circumstantial that point at other factors?.

Are you saying that there are "records" of this Templar Fleet that left France, sailing elsewhere after the demise of DeMoley?

Why is my non-acceptance of what you're offering inconsequential? You're trying to convince people of something, and I'm not convinced. I've explained why, and I thought that I did so in a clear and rational way. Were our roles reversed, I'd be very concerned. Very debatable. I'm not alone in this opinion.

You and others are not convinced due to lack of "Verifiable" proof. But what if they were truly fleeing persecution? How many people would you be comfortable telling what your up to if you were sought after as they were? The king of France got DeMoley and 53 or so others to confess to Heresy, being in league with Lucifer...Do you think they might have thought of that and decided to leave no trace there in Europe. With the full understanding that this was a one way ticket but decided to leave clues here in North America for any Templar/Mason smart enough to understand...

Perhaps you should tell us more about those legends then, including their provenance. Do we know for certain who carved them?

No one knows who carved them, some say it was probably someone local but yet cannot produce the artist and have no idea when they were done. So there are 5 stone carvings, two in Westford Massachusetts, two in Nova Scotia and one on Oak Island. All with unknown origins, unknown purpose.

If I were a Templar carving up rocks with mysterious symbols in order to hide a treasure that was buried in the area, what sort of inscriptions would be appropriate to convince random passers-by that there was nothing worthy of investigation in the area?

Now think about that statement, early 12 century North American Continent, people there at the time, Mikmaq Indians. I doubt that the Templars were concerned about the First nation steeling their goods. I would assume that they would use clues that they or others like them would understand.

Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. I think that I would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that! :laughing7:

Ummmmm.....yeah.....

All joking aside, define "media." Does your definition of "media" include works of fiction being marketed as pseudohistory? If I had a theory about a buried treasure that didn't jive with two centuries of tradition associated with said treasure, would I attempt to disprove the parts that didn't work with my new theory, or would I simply pretend that those two centuries hadn't happened? Would that make my theory more or less solid?

What two centuries of traditions associated with "This" treasure? As far as history concerned, it wasn't long after the persecution of the Templar by the King of France a specific group Templars vanished from the analogs of history.

Things are becoming clearer now.

I am not one of those "Oak Island Guys," but I read a bit and I think critically. Does the fact that I have no money on the line make my opinion less, or more valid than someone that does?

Not sure where your going with this but it makes no difference as to money invested. I have no money invested just time, lots of time. The people of Curse of Oak Island don't want to really hear from any of us "Theorist", we were time filler nothing more. They will continue to drill holes because that was their solve for the island. My solve was a map, but a map to a location that had already yielded a secret..."The Cave-In Pit"

What do you think about the Icelander theory? I'm not convinced that they went to Oak Island, but it would take no stretch of the imagination to think that they could have. In my mind, that establishes this theory as being far more plausible than the Templar one. I don't have a good reason why they would have brought coconut fibers with them, but I'm not sure why Templars would have done that either.
My only reasoning for not following the Icelander or Viking is the ruins at New Ross, it is of a large cut stone design which was not tradition of the Icelander and Norse...Theirs were earth building....

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
I can understand mangling a response by missing a /quote here or there (I've done it myself once or twice), but why did you put the bullets in there?

Responding to this point by point is not worth the effort due to the formatting errors, but I'd love to continue the discussion if you're willing to correct that post or make a new one.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I can understand mangling a response by missing a /quote here or there (I've done it myself once or twice), but why did you put the bullets in there?

Responding to this point by point is not worth the effort due to the formatting errors, but I'd love to continue the discussion if you're willing to correct that post or make a new one.

Sorry, I started it at work on my lunch break but had to finish it at home so I created a draft in my email...wrong thing to do...it started to add bullet points then copying it back made it worse.
I will take a stab at a new one...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
I appreciate the edit. This is much more workable.

Are you saying that there are "records" of this Templar Fleet that left France, sailing elsewhere after the demise of DeMoley?

How solid are the records that show that a "Templar Fleet" left France in the first place?

You and others are not convinced due to lack of "Verifiable" proof. But what if they were truly fleeing persecution? How many people would you be comfortable telling what your up to if you were sought after as they were? The king of France got DeMoley and 53 or so others to confess to Heresy, being in league with Lucifer...Do you think they might have thought of that and decided to leave no trace there in Europe. With the full understanding that this was a one way ticket but decided to leave clues here in North America for any Templar/Mason smart enough to understand...

If they were truly fleeing persecution, there were other destinations that were much less risky and about as safe - arguably safer actually, as the transatlantic journey at the time had a significant chance of failure. ("Failure" in this case meant that you were never heard from again.) Making the trip successfully was just the beginning of your troubles. If you were able to get there with the help of the Norse, as has been alleged, what would your guides have to say about the people that you'd meet once you got there? And what did those people think of the Norse, or people that looked like the Norse?

No one knows who carved them, some say it was probably someone local but yet cannot produce the artist and have no idea when they were done. So there are 5 stone carvings, two in Westford Massachusetts, two in Nova Scotia and one on Oak Island. All with unknown origins, unknown purpose.

Yet you assume that they're significant, even though that can't be proven.

Was one of the carvings in Westford the Westford Knight? I thought that that one had been pretty thoroughly debunked already. What are the other ones?

Now think about that statement, early 12 century North American Continent, people there at the time, Mikmaq Indians. I doubt that the Templars were concerned about the First nation steeling their goods.

Stealing their goods? No. Killing them and then taking their goods? If the Sagas are to be believed, yes. (And I don't hold this against the tribes in the area. Again, if the Sagas are to be believed, the Norse pretty much started that one.)

I would assume that they would use clues that they or others like them would understand.

Why?

What two centuries of traditions associated with "This" treasure?

The two centuries of tradition that had "this" treasure as pirate loot. That's what the stories said, that's what the theories said, and (more tellingly) that's what all of the physical evidence supposedly being turned up on Oak Island pointed to. A few works of pseudohistory and fiction later, and here we are: now the physical evidence points to Templars, and all of that pirate crap doesn't get discussed anymore because it's inconvenient. But that was originally the story, deathbed confession and everything. Don't forget that.

As far as history concerned, it wasn't long after the persecution of the Templar by the King of France a specific group Templars vanished from the analogs of history.

Most of them vanished from the analogs of history. We know roughly where they went, and what a handful of them did, and that's it. I don't think that it's much of a mystery though. Some were folded into other orders. Others got tired of the lifestyle and turned to other pursuits. At least one group of them went right on being Templars after a quick name change. The specifics weren't recorded because they weren't thought to be important at the time, and they weren't.

Not sure where your going with this but it makes no difference as to money invested. I have no money invested just time, lots of time. The people of Curse of Oak Island don't want to really hear from any of us "Theorist", we were time filler nothing more. They will continue to drill holes because that was their solve for the island. My solve was a map, but a map to a location that had already yielded a secret..."The Cave-In Pit"

I was using your terminology. If there is no connection, I apologize, but you did make it sound as if there was.

Tell us more about your pit.

My only reasoning for not following the Icelander or Viking is the ruins at New Ross, it is of a large cut stone design which was not tradition of the Icelander and Norse...Theirs were earth building....

Do you have any pictures of those large cut stones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread