Back from our trip/ we have proof the Vikings were here before the Templars

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How solid are the records that show that a "Templar Fleet" left France in the first place?

Your question is rather ambiguous. What kind of records are you referring too, official government records, or would you accept relatively reliable historical sources? History as written by at least one reliable Templar historian says a fleet of Templar vessels left Cyprus for France in the Spring of 1307. The only port open for them logically was on the Atlantic at La Rochelle. It was a port in which full control was given to them by the Queen of France in an 1139 document. A port from which they also operated a lucrative wine trade with the British Isles and other Atlantic ports. At La Rochelle the Templars were known to have had at least 4 vessels to carry on that trade. Some time before October of 1307 those 4 or 5 vessels along with the ones that had arrived from Cyprus disappeared, or in effect left France. Then there was also the testimony at inquisition of a Templar leader that he had word of the vessels leaving France.
In my humble opinion, this is enough of a record to believe that the Templar Fleet did indeed leave France in the first place!

Cheers to you Dave, your friend Loki

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Cheers to you Dave, your friend Loki

I didn't remember having seen you around here in a while, so I clicked on your profile to be sure. It's good to have you back. Where have you been?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicolas Poussin was quite creative.

So creative that the entire wing of the Louvre that holds his art in Paris was designed exactly over the Paris Meridian so his one piece was on that line.

That is unique.....but to see it transposed onto the riverside in "Acadia" from their actual explorations to the new world, to me is like now having my own museum to go to and see the masterpieces in stone.

NY LAKE ARROW 2 Poussin.jpg NY Heart Poussin.jpg NY HOOKED X.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys there definitely have an old site.....but another came through to place their churches and other french style drains there.

The Herm seems to be crafted of Rennes' design......with the intent at hinting at the Chapel of Mary Magdalene

Herm Stone.jpg Herm Noew Ross.jpg New Ross Herm.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread