Pretty excited about the start of season 5!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The camera reveals that C1 leads to .... the Upside Down World from "Stranger Things"! Stranger_C1.jpg

Meyer

Greenie
Jan 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the over/under on shots of guys from the Ren Faire walking in the woods?

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
last post for me until the season is over. I don't want any spoilers so cya all soon!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched , & Enjoyed the Detecting & Diving, Fast forwarded through all the Talk
& obvious crying.(I Don't do Tears over tv shows, or actors)

From here I'm sure it's all Down hill.
till the Last Episode of the season that is.

I had to LOL over the rose Head Nail. It's obvious at least to me,
It was a Plant so they could say "Not a Railroad Spike" :tongue3:
aaaah No $#!T ! But the one Last Season was still a Railroad Spike :laughing7:

Last edited:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched , & Enjoyed the Detecting & Diving, Fast forwarded through all the Talk
& obvious crying.(I Don't do Tears over tv shows, or actors)

From here I'm sure it's all Down hill.
till the Last Episode of the season that is.

I had to LOL over the rose Head Nail. It's obvious at least to me,
It was a Plant so they could say "Not a Railroad Spike" :tongue3:
aaaah No $#!T ! But the one Last Season was still a Railroad Spike :laughing7:

I was laughing when they were talking about how it couldn't be a railroad spike because every one that he had ever seen had an offset head. You mean like the "deck spike" that you found last year?!? Also, with no cleaning, identified it as an 1780, if not earlier rosehead nail.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I will go out on this one!...Nail Me To The Cross!

I was laughing when they were talking about how it couldn't be a railroad spike because every one that he had ever seen had an offset head. You mean like the "deck spike" that you found last year?!? Also, with no cleaning, identified it as an 1780, if not earlier rosehead nail.

1762 Freemason's Rose Head wrought iron spike...Bang On! Rose Head Spike 2.jpg

https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Nails-as-clues-to-age

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know there are a lot of haters and doubts and to be honest, this isn't a debate post. You can say what you like, but I am happy these guys are following their dream. I wish I could switch places with them and tackle that dream too.

Whether it is a scam or a hidden treasure, all I am saying is, I am pretty excited about season 5!

Agreed, I am excited as well! Almost feels like there was more action in the 1st episode than in the first 1/2 of some seasons. This season seems to have some great potential. Very sad to hear about Drake though.

Funny thing, I remember reading about Oak Island in Reader's Digest when I was like 11yo (40yo now). Wonder if it was a similar article to what they read but it sounds like they read one a decade or so before me.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea I don't know anything about Dating Rose Heads, But my guess 19th Century
being that's the Obvious period diggers would have started there. unless of course they purchased or borrowed it
for the show.

I'm more curious on the coin/button dig

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will never the treasures that is there, only a lot of water. Show not worth watching.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally don't believe the brothers will find anything of great value.
I do believe they believe. Dan believed as well and spent many years and dollars digging a hole based on witching sticks. Maybe a bit of gold fever going around the island?
I am interested in the show to see their methodology and fast forward through the over dramatization.
What was said in regards to Jake's passing was in my opinion not over dramatized.
IMHO the passion is real but not the treasure.
I wish them all the luck....

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think there is something on that island, I am just not sure what it is. IF it is treasure, I think it has already been found. IMO, if it was found long ago, no one is going to announce they found it, they are just going to take it and leave. I think that if there was nothing there, why go to the extreme with the box drains, etc. But what was there is now long gone. However, I do like the show, but then again I like Gold Rush as well :)

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
The stupid rail road spike has been tested by professionals and is now much older than previously believed.....

They really do prey upon the ignorant masses.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread