Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 290
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Season 5

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #211

    Nov 2015
    515
    398 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    More regarding the "human" bone find given here

    https://www.monstersandcritics.com/s...of-oak-island/
    MikeN likes this.
    Live the moment...

  2. #212

    Feb 2017
    19
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    That is just not true and shows they are lying. There are multiple recoding's of searchers drilling these depths
    I believe the point was that searcher tunnels did not go that deep, not that it wasn't drilled to 200' in the past. I want to say that was the initial comment, which may have been edited for effect by the 500th time they repeated the same thing during the episode.

  3. #213
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    865
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure

    Still Number One!...The Curse of Oak Island

    Tuesday cable ratings: ‘Curse of Oak Island’ and ‘WWE Smackdown’ hold steady

    The History Channel’s “Curse of Oak Island” landed on top with a 0.8 rating in adults 18-49, the same as what it had scored last week.

    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tuesday-cable-ratings-december-5-2017/


    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  4. #214
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    865
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure

    Here's a Little...Tea Pot...Short and Stout!

    I am amazed that Laird Niven would stick his neck out and quickly identify these small pieces as late 18th Century Pottery.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oak Island - h-8-pottery.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1523941


    "Looking through the spoils from H-8, Terry Matheson suddenly uncovered a tiny fragment of pottery…and then another one. As narrator Robert Clotworthy would say: “Pottery?! At 190ft?!”

    Later in the War Room, archaeologist Laird Niven identified it as hand-painted pearlware likely from the county of Staffordshire in England, and which was imitating Chinese porcelain.
    He dated it from the 1780s to the 1800s – so potentially just before the discovery of Money Pit.
    But it was found deeper underground than any searchers have ever dug shafts before…so how on earth did it get there?"

    This Pottery could easily be Staffordshire Stoneware - Salt Glazed!

    "In the UK during the 17th century and 18th century high quality salt-glazed stoneware was produced in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, London and Staffordshire. Salt glazed pottery was also popular in North America from the early 17th century until the early 19th century."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teapot 1739-1755 Staffordshire  White stoneware - salt glaze.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	1523942

    1739 - 1755

    Last edited by Robot; Dec 07, 2017 at 03:56 PM.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  5. #215
    us
    Sir

    Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4,190
    2028 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    A total waste of time watching this show.
    franklin and audigger53 like this.

  6. #216

    Dec 2016
    67
    80 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Tuesday cable ratings: ‘Curse of Oak Island’ and ‘WWE Smackdown’ hold steady

    The History Channel’s “Curse of Oak Island” landed on top with a 0.8 rating in adults 18-49, the same as what it had scored last week.

    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tuesday-cable-ratings-december-5-2017/


    I'm just glad they haven't brought back that one lady who enthusiastically stated that the metal bracket they found was from a treasure chest instead of it obviously being used as a brace for an old searcher shaft.
    audigger53 and MikeN like this.

  7. #217

    May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1,172
    1496 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I just can't seem to stay awake...pretty exciting show! Maybe I can come here and see how it ends....if it ever does!

  8. #218
    us
    ebay "ulster-relic"

    Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    2,939
    5395 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    an hour of:
    rick, marty and the team
    could it be that--------
    let's go to the war room
    have they finally uncovered______
    let's go to the war room-----
    rick, marty and the team
    the drill hit--------------------- A ROCK-------------
    let's go to the war room------
    the Laginas have been----------------------
    Minelab should pull clown boy---can't tell what's iron & what's NOT IRON
    let's go to the war room, where rick, marty and the team_________________

    an hour of a goofus narrator talking--- CAUSE THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE
    skybolt, audigger53 and etex like this.

  9. #219

    Dec 2016
    67
    80 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by port ewen ace View Post
    an hour of:
    rick, marty and the team
    could it be that--------
    let's go to the war room
    have they finally uncovered______
    let's go to the war room-----
    rick, marty and the team
    the drill hit--------------------- A ROCK-------------
    let's go to the war room------
    the Laginas have been----------------------
    Minelab should pull clown boy---can't tell what's iron & what's NOT IRON
    let's go to the war room, where rick, marty and the team_________________

    an hour of a goofus narrator talking--- CAUSE THAT'S ALL THEY HAVE
    Don't forget the regular head jerks and puzzled looks on people's faces when a piece of wood is taken out of a bag. The narrator will then say, "A piece of wood.............from an Elm tree..............on Oak Island?!"

    Don't even get me started on the iron spikes. "An iron spike..............recovered from a ship..............and of all places, found on an island surrounded by water? How could this be?!"
    port ewen ace likes this.

  10. #220

    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    232
    271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    I am amazed that Laird Niven would stick his neck out and quickly identify these small pieces as late 18th Century Pottery.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oak Island - h-8-pottery.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	1523941


    "Looking through the spoils from H-8, Terry Matheson suddenly uncovered a tiny fragment of pottery…and then another one. As narrator Robert Clotworthy would say: “Pottery?! At 190ft?!”

    Later in the War Room, archaeologist Laird Niven identified it as hand-painted pearlware likely from the county of Staffordshire in England, and which was imitating Chinese porcelain.
    He dated it from the 1780s to the 1800s – so potentially just before the discovery of Money Pit.
    But it was found deeper underground than any searchers have ever dug shafts before…so how on earth did it get there?"

    This Pottery could easily be Staffordshire Stoneware - Salt Glazed!

    "In the UK during the 17th century and 18th century high quality salt-glazed stoneware was produced in Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, London and Staffordshire. Salt glazed pottery was also popular in North America from the early 17th century until the early 19th century."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teapot 1739-1755 Staffordshire  White stoneware - salt glaze.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	1523942

    1739 - 1755

    As it is common knowledge that humans have visited as well as lived on this island for hundreds of years, the discovery of pottery or bones means “meh” in regards to mysterious treasures. As previously stated, with the mass amount of excavations performed at the island along with previous drill holes going to 200’ plus, anything found deep fell into the holes during the previous excavations/drilling.
    audigger53 and gazzahk like this.

  11. #221

    Feb 2017
    28
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by port ewen ace View Post
    the drill hit--------------------- A ROCK-------------
    Speaking of that - I wish they would have studied and identified the type of metal that killed the drill bit in an earlier show. Would be interesting to know even though it's a 97% chance of being part a previous searcher's equipment in a collapsed dig.

  12. #222
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    865
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    Speaking of that - I wish they would have studied and identified the type of metal that killed the drill bit in an earlier show. Would be interesting to know even though it's a 97% chance of being part a previous searcher's equipment in a collapsed dig.
    Or...One of the Canons from...HMS Stirling Castle!

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_St..._Castle_(1742)
    franklin likes this.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  13. #223
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    865
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    As it is common knowledge that humans have visited as well as lived on this island for hundreds of years, the discovery of pottery or bones means “meh” in regards to mysterious treasures. As previously stated, with the mass amount of excavations performed at the island along with previous drill holes going to 200’ plus, anything found deep fell into the holes during the previous excavations/drilling.
    If it was from this little "Tea and Crumpets" it was well before any "Treasure Hunters" were on this "Island"!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tea and Crumpets.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	1524116
    Last edited by Robot; Dec 07, 2017 at 07:21 PM.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  14. #224

    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    232
    271 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    If it was from this little "Tea and Crumpets" it was well before any "Treasure Hunters" were on this "Island"!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tea and Crumpets.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	1524116
    Exactly what I said. Some pottery was left/lost/broken on the island long before any treasure hunters arrived. During excavations/digging, broken pottery pieces were shoved into holes.

  15. #225
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    865
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Exactly what I said. Some pottery was left/lost/broken on the island long before any treasure hunters arrived. During excavations/digging, broken pottery pieces were shoved into holes.

    Ah Yes...Then the mystery is...Who Left This Pottery?
    Last edited by Robot; Dec 07, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

 

 
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 season part deux...silver restarts my season.
    By digger27 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2017, 04:50 AM
  2. 10-X Question: Season 1 Ep1 and Season 2 Finale
    By dabbott2 in forum Oak Island
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2015, 02:08 PM
  3. Rabbit Season, Duck Season, T... Season, Bridges flooded?
    By CoinandRelicMan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2014, 11:17 PM
  4. deer season, wabbit season....
    By wkrp43 in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 27, 2013, 12:01 AM
  5. Winter Season=Research Season
    By fsdigital12 in forum New Jersey
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 11:53 PM

Search tags for this page

oak island -curse -nc spoiler

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0