OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pictures in this article https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...land-season-5-see-the-first-amazing-pictures/ do not seem to be taken from the Pit area. But it appears to be the source of the ongoing investigations. I hope they get to it soon and stop wasting everyone's time with uninteresting fill.

Here is an interesting interview with a producer https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...cer-talks-bones-freemasons-and-whats-to-come/ He tells us there will be 16 episodes this season. So I imagine there will be 9 more episodes of nothing much before they "show" us something on the last one...

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they get to it soon and stop wasting everyone's time with uninteresting fill.

Yesterday's sneak peek doesn't hold out much hope for next week: "Sir Francis Drake? On Oak Island?....."

TDogger

Jan 22, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still amazed that they've been able to stretch about an hour's worth of interesting information into 5 seasons.

I'm waiting for the show where they dig up evidence that Atilla the Hun visited Oak Island and buried stolen treasure.

Unfortunately, this is where most of the History Channel reality shows are taking us.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's sneak peek doesn't hold out much hope for next week: "Sir Francis Drake? On Oak Island?....."

I had the same feeling. All these crackpot theories may have been somewhat interesting during Seasons 1 and 2, where the search was just getting started. However, since this is likely the last season for this show, it's time to put up or shut up. Find something of significance first and then link it to a possible theory. It's like me finding a small piece of tire rubber in my backyard and assuming Goodyear was buried there.

Last edited:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, here’s a question.. with all the islands around there, has anything ever been found on any other island? What about past exploring? What’s the history there?

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a Spaaaak today, Could it be, Could it be that I found a 1700's Pirate ship in East Texas? photo.JPG

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice it has a hook on it just like a Templars hooked X, what are the odds of that being a coincidence. I don't think so.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you wear the same boots and jeans that I wear______

we are both "treasure hunters"-------------------

if others wear what we wear----

they can be treasure hunters too-----

just don't talk like GAWWIE------:laughing9:

next time on "the joke of Curse Island"--- rick, marty and the team *****************************

find pieces of oddly shaped lumps of bright metal with oval loops >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

could it be ????????????????--------------------------

CAN SLAW :dontknow::tongue3::skullflag::blackbeard::treasurechest:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brothers can search and dig all they want, but, they will not dig up the treasures that is there because of water problems.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
The brothers can search and dig all they want, but, they will not dig up the treasures that is there because of water problems.
Are you telling us that the water will dissolve any supposed treasure that may be below the water table. Or that the hammer grab with 4ft casing will not be sufficient to lift the water and debris of any supposed treasure..... Do you think that someone has to put their mitts on it at 160 feet down in order for them to bring it up??????

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually they will not dig any treasure because there is none on oak island. Please provide actual evidence that treasure ever existed on the island. Wishful make believe by mis-interpreting Francis Bacon and others writings does not count as actual evidence.

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only treasure to be realized from this program is what the advertisers get from increased sales of their products. The producers and the advertisers know the inclination of dreamers to believe in the impossible stories of treasures and legends, and craft a superbly written and acted narrative for TV. And it is fun to believe in the myths, hoping against reality that perhaps, just hoping anyway, that it might be true after all. But me thinks we have been had again! Just sayin' . . . . .

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with winter and snow__________

they could branch out and track the footprints of Bigfoot :dontknow:

rumors are the REAL killer in the OJ debacle is hiding out in a shaft on Joke Island :laughing9:

coming this season--- rick, marty and the team--- give GAWWY some dowsing rods to find the water "tunnels" and he swims through them on the back of a dolphin while swingin' the CTX3030 :icon_biggrin: :fish: & :tard: + :metaldetector: = :laughing9:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing some reading about people who went missing in the Pit in order to see if the bones could belong to them. In another thread someone suggested it could be Maynard Kaiser. Maynard Kaiser, died March 26 1897, in a fall down a shaft on Oak Island ( The Blockhouse Blog - The Oak Island Compendium) Here is an article about him The death of Maynard Kaiser at Oak Island - The Oak Island Compendium
During this period, only limited records were kept, usually by the church or local authority. Despite exhaustive research, an official record of Maynard Kaiser’s death has never been found. There is, to date, no record of a grave site existing for Maynard Kaiser anywhere in Nova Scotia.
There does not seem to be any consensus as to whether his body was ever recovered from the pit or not. As this quote from the article suggests
Is Maynard Kaiser resting beneath the soil on Oak Island today?
. Therefore it seems possible that the Laginas might have answered this mystery. Hopefully they will tell us more rather then simply ignore the bones if they do not turn out to be pre searcher bones.

To me not knowing much about this stuff I would think if there is skin/fat still on the bones they are unlikely to be hundreds and hundreds of years old....

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting DNA results on last nights show. I've said it all along.Whats buried there is of far greater interest than some silly pirates treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread