OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who has zero confidence in that diver? Last year he was getting positive metal readings all around at the bottom of C-1, until Chatterton went down and found nothing. In last night's episode he was all over the place trying to chisel out the piece of metal he was supposedly holding onto to no avail, aimlessly grabbing silt from the bottom of the shaft without feeling for pieces of metal first, and then complaining about sitting sideways in the harness. Even Marty and crew agreed that they should only give him one task to do next time, which basically entailed him actually finding and retrieving a piece of metal. Wasn't this what he was tasked to to do this time around? I give the guy credit for being brave enough to go down the shaft, but has no clue what he's doing once down there. I wouldn't doubt that he went to the wrong end of the cavern from what the video image showed.
Yep... That cavern is not that big and he was down there for 35 minutes. I doubt that there could of been much metal in there or he would of found it. If there was metal then it was probably from previous drilling holes. They keep saying no one has been that deep. How could they possibly know that. That thing they called a hook could of easily been part of a previous drilling effort. How many drill holes have been done in the area. They seem to imply that the only previous searches were just digging mine shafts without drilling for core samples before. I doubt this is true.

If a previous drill hole had punctured the top of that cavity the things there could of fallen in through that hole (if anything is there)

I am pretty amazed it has taken them so long to come up with the pattern drilling of the area plan. That would of saved them heaps of money if they had done that before digging there big holes last season.

Still better late then never. This process WILL answer the question as to any treasure being there....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, when the guy was searching the "non storm damaged" area, he was ignoring all the iron signals. Like only finding a coin would tell them anything and everything else is junk.
Yep.. That was pretty poor segment really. They tell us to bring in a metal detector expert to check the newly exposed area after the storm and this guy goes into a part of the forest with no storm damage. I do like the guy as he seems to know his stuff. By the editing is pretty dumb sometimes.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse of Oak Island...Episode 1... Number 2 with Viewers!

Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, November 7, 2017

HANNITYFOX NEWS9:00 PM3,565
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM2,949

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that this is the latest picture of what they found has been digging those cavities underground. I bet they wish they had never gone looking for it....

1395896611525.jpg

Some things are better left buried......

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, November 7, 2017

It is easy to see they have massive budget this series due to high ratings I guess. Building that road back in a week would have cost a lot of money. This time they brought out divers, decompression chambers, Cameras, cranes and Marty did not complain once about the cost. Pretty good indication he is no longer spending his own money...

Still that is great. I am glad this time they seem to have the money to do things properly. The pattern drilling is a great idea.

The show is also put together better. They do not have the endless guy retelling us everything we have just seen over and over. I guess that is a sign of a bigger budget.

I think this will be the final chapter in the Oak Island Legend.

Well done Lagina's Thank you.

If they do not find treasure or even if they do. What a story Oak Island is......

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that this is the latest picture of what they found has been digging those cavities underground. I bet they wish they had never gone looking for it....

The "alien's twisted arms" came to mind for me also when I saw the "tangled metal".

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do like the guy as he seems to know his stuff.
He may know his stuff but does the director? This is mostly acting. You do what the director says to do. I wonder how many times the same thing was dug up but not enough drama was created? Do it again with more surprise. You can't go to a commercial untill drama happens.

I am sure he started detecting on a boring road but the director thought a forest would give better shots.

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either a sign of a bigger budget, or they actually have content now to fill that extra time. I am hoping for content.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep... That cavern is not that big and he was down there for 35 minutes. I doubt that there could of been much metal in there or he would of found it. If there was metal then it was probably from previous drilling holes. They keep saying no one has been that deep. How could they possibly know that. That thing they called a hook could of easily been part of a previous drilling effort. How many drill holes have been done in the area. They seem to imply that the only previous searches were just digging mine shafts without drilling for core samples before. I doubt this is true.

If a previous drill hole had punctured the top of that cavity the things there could of fallen in through that hole (if anything is there)

I am pretty amazed it has taken them so long to come up with the pattern drilling of the area plan. That would of saved them heaps of money if they had done that before digging there big holes last season.

Still better late then never. This process WILL answer the question as to any treasure being there....

The whole point of the dive was to stop the harness approximately 2 ft above the shaft bottom as to not disturb the silt, in order to have a good look. Of course, 10 seconds after the diver reached bottom, he announced that his toes were touching the ground. Next thing you know, all the silt build-up reduces visibility, and the guy scrambles out of the harness to do whatever he was doing. Even the coordinator up top seemed fed-up with him when the diver announced that he was sitting in the harness sideways. He basically just shrugged it off and said we're pulling you back in.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since these guys come in pairs.....Morty and Rick....we can just say that their fumbles also follow the same trends....

The same diving reenactment scene that Blankenship performed once......way back when.....is now being repeated from Pulitzer's fail to this season's carry over....

At this rate with this pattern we are seeing the replications of the season 2 fiascos being played out....

Don't forget that during the heyday.....

13 million was spent buying the island, then the equipment with Canadian Film money.....

and after the deaths of the Producer from History Channel, the death of Fred Nolan, and the death of Tester......we are seeing their own fantasy island curse being played out.....

now with all this lost....and they still refuse to play fair.......

Amundsen told them where to look.....and you think that they are really finding something of closure searching with the final information ....... ?

What they are doing is propping up their "equipment handling skills" while showing Canada that they are really amateur and are looking to Mine resources offshore......not to mention their fracking projects......

Don't look at the oil and wind we are mining for privatizing interests in Canada of Natural Resources........Natural resources that belong to the Native People......

Just keep waiting while we plot and scheme to take out every publicly owned subsidy there and make it into another NAFTA backed scam.....

These guys are literally some of the last oil magnates that are in the scope of investigators there.

As well as the fact that they want us to now ignore their other agendas there.

Why do you think that they are only spending a whopping 6 weeks a year there doing work?

Cause it's important to Canadian Travel and Tourism?

Last edited:

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
how many ppl have the money to dig 2 million dollar hole .lucky bastiages

. I didn't like the second dive ...same as first .... put a magnet in the hole ..just as another members said ...eliminate ... detect on the on the side of the erosion ....why wouldn't ya ...but who's sayin they didn't

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whata Shoa....geez I tell ya.....

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Rain? On an island in the Atlantic? Could the curse be using the weather to keep the treasure hidden?" - Narrator, probably

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Rain? On an island in the Atlantic? Could the curse be using the weather to keep the treasure hidden?" - Narrator, probably
My guess is lack of anything being there is what is keeping the treasure hidden....

I am glad I live somewhere warmer....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it now is pretty obvious after that episode if there was metal in C1 it has fallen in from elsewhere. The way the water spurted out when they were pumping air down that other hole it is certain that this new hole is connected to the other one. It must be a massive cavity system down there connected to the ocean. Rick said the water was full on sea water.

The 'alleged' coin find was pretty unconvincing as proof of anything. I remember reading an article that was saying that Spanish coins were pretty common everywhere back in the day. They were a bit like the modern US $ everyone would accept them. So finding them on oak island doesn't say much.

(edit: Found article http://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/spanish-dollars-sure-we-take-those-here )

They did not show much with the spike other then pre 1830 ish.

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way the water spurted out when they were pumping air down that other hole it is certain that this new hole is connected to the other one. It must be a massive cavity system down there connected to the ocean. Rick said the water was full on sea water.

I can't visualize how the drill process works - what is being pressurized enough to cause water to vigorously rise from C1 many feet above sea level? If it's salt water, there's a 1-way valve/flow to allow a chamber of salt water to be pressurized by the drill so that the water rises to the lid level.

Overall, this season may be promising: the more items they find, the more clues they offer. A single object isn't likely to mean much in itself unless it's extremely rare or valuable. But taken together they might really tell a story. Templars....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't visualize how the drill process works - what is being pressurized enough to cause water to vigorously rise from C1 many feet above sea level? If it's salt water, there's a 1-way valve/flow to allow a chamber of salt water to be pressurized by the drill so that the water rises to the lid level.
Yep... I was pretty surprised when that water started pouring out of C1 and also bubbling up out of the ground. They said that they were pumping air down their drill hole (do not know why they would be doing that) but it must of been heaps of pressure to cause that much water to come rushing up.

But very strange.. Hopefully a member here will know about this type of phenomena and can explain it for us..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread