Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Thread: Season 5

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2016
    80 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Am I the only one who has zero confidence in that diver? Last year he was getting positive metal readings all around at the bottom of C-1, until Chatterton went down and found nothing. In last night's episode he was all over the place trying to chisel out the piece of metal he was supposedly holding onto to no avail, aimlessly grabbing silt from the bottom of the shaft without feeling for pieces of metal first, and then complaining about sitting sideways in the harness. Even Marty and crew agreed that they should only give him one task to do next time, which basically entailed him actually finding and retrieving a piece of metal. Wasn't this what he was tasked to to do this time around? I give the guy credit for being brave enough to go down the shaft, but has no clue what he's doing once down there. I wouldn't doubt that he went to the wrong end of the cavern from what the video image showed.
    Last edited by skybolt; Nov 09, 2017 at 05:25 PM.
    gazzahk and Divine Profit like this.

Dec 2016
    80 times
    I'm still perplexed as to why the Lagina's constantly mention that anything that comes out of GAL-1 must be from the original money pit. Didn't Dunfield excavate down 140 ft (even if it's a bit less than that), and then fill the hole back up again using the same excavated material? As others have mentioned on these boards, it's very likely that the railroad spike was excavated from within these depths and could've come from anywhere within Dunfield's excavated perimeter.
    Last edited by skybolt; Nov 09, 2017 at 05:26 PM.
    gazzahk, Raparee and petetherocker like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jackson View Post
    And after they found the coin, they had to send it out to be cleaned and dated. Any guesses how many episodes before it makes its return?
    I had to back up the video to hear that one again.

They did say CLEANED.

It could be a rare coin and in uncirculated by buried condition.
    It will be in their gift shop next week.
    at yard sales I am dollardan

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    Even Marty and crew agreed that they should only give him one task to do next time, which basically entailed him actually finding and retrieving a piece of metal. Wasn't this what he was tasked to to do this time around?
    I was waiting and waiting after they sent the camera down and they saw what could be metal and something woven. I was waiting for one of the brothers to say they are a t-net member on the Mag fishing forum and let go to Harbor Freight and get their $10 magnet and some clothes line and see what we can snag. But no, the want to bring in a diver and a dozen crew members to do something dramatic so they can go to a commercial. Nothing dramatic about a magnet and some rope so they can't have any commercials.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1492 times
    I was saddened about the death of Craig's son. But even then they used it for some drama.

When one of the brothers drove up to be with his other brother who had come back early. He got out of the SUV and someone else got out of the other front seat. The two came over and had a "happy reunion entrance" and I thought that was it. Must have been a minute later Craig and son-in-law got out of the back seats. So now the director can have the "sad entrance"

Why didn't every one get out at the same time? That would be normal. Gotta have Hollywood.
    Raparee and petetherocker like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2016
    Westminster, MD
    Garrett Ace 250
    652 times
    Metal Detecting
    Also, when the guy was searching the "non storm damaged" area, he was ignoring all the iron signals. Like only finding a coin would tell them anything and everything else is junk.

Nov 2015
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    Am I the only one who has zero confidence in that diver? Last year he was getting positive metal readings all around at the bottom of C-1, until Chatterton went down and found nothing. In last night's episode he was all over the place trying to chisel out the piece of metal he was supposedly holding onto to no avail, aimlessly grabbing silt from the bottom of the shaft without feeling for pieces of metal first, and then complaining about sitting sideways in the harness. Even Marty and crew agreed that they should only give him one task to do next time, which basically entailed him actually finding and retrieving a piece of metal. Wasn't this what he was tasked to to do this time around? I give the guy credit for being brave enough to go down the shaft, but has no clue what he's doing once down there. I wouldn't doubt that he went to the wrong end of the cavern from what the video image showed.
    Yep... That cavern is not that big and he was down there for 35 minutes. I doubt that there could of been much metal in there or he would of found it. If there was metal then it was probably from previous drilling holes. They keep saying no one has been that deep. How could they possibly know that. That thing they called a hook could of easily been part of a previous drilling effort. How many drill holes have been done in the area. They seem to imply that the only previous searches were just digging mine shafts without drilling for core samples before. I doubt this is true.

If a previous drill hole had punctured the top of that cavity the things there could of fallen in through that hole (if anything is there)

I am pretty amazed it has taken them so long to come up with the pattern drilling of the area plan. That would of saved them heaps of money if they had done that before digging there big holes last season.

Still better late then never. This process WILL answer the question as to any treasure being there....
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jackson View Post
    Also, when the guy was searching the "non storm damaged" area, he was ignoring all the iron signals. Like only finding a coin would tell them anything and everything else is junk.
    Yep.. That was pretty poor segment really. They tell us to bring in a metal detector expert to check the newly exposed area after the storm and this guy goes into a part of the forest with no storm damage. I do like the guy as he seems to know his stuff. By the editing is pretty dumb sometimes.
    Live the moment...

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure

The Curse of Oak Island...Episode 1... Number 2 with Viewers!

Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, November 7, 2017

HANNITY FOX NEWS 9:00 PM 3,565
    CURSE OF OAK ISLAND HISTORY 9:00 PM 2,949
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

Nov 2015
    398 times
    I understand that this is the latest picture of what they found has been digging those cavities underground. I bet they wish they had never gone looking for it....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1395896611525.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	1514303

Some things are better left buried......
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, November 7, 2017
    It is easy to see they have massive budget this series due to high ratings I guess. Building that road back in a week would have cost a lot of money. This time they brought out divers, decompression chambers, Cameras, cranes and Marty did not complain once about the cost. Pretty good indication he is no longer spending his own money...

Still that is great. I am glad this time they seem to have the money to do things properly. The pattern drilling is a great idea.

The show is also put together better. They do not have the endless guy retelling us everything we have just seen over and over. I guess that is a sign of a bigger budget.

I think this will be the final chapter in the Oak Island Legend.

Well done Lagina's Thank you.

If they do not find treasure or even if they do. What a story Oak Island is......
    Live the moment...

Feb 2017
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    I understand that this is the latest picture of what they found has been digging those cavities underground. I bet they wish they had never gone looking for it....
    The "alien's twisted arms" came to mind for me also when I saw the "tangled metal".

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1492 times
    I do like the guy as he seems to know his stuff.
    He may know his stuff but does the director? This is mostly acting. You do what the director says to do. I wonder how many times the same thing was dug up but not enough drama was created? Do it again with more surprise. You can't go to a commercial untill drama happens.

I am sure he started detecting on a boring road but the director thought a forest would give better shots.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1492 times
    They do not have the endless guy retelling us everything we have just seen over and over. I guess that is a sign of a bigger budget....
    Either that or someone on the island is secretly reading this forum post.

Nov 2017
    Lorain County, Ohio
    38 times
    Metal Detecting
    Either a sign of a bigger budget, or they actually have content now to fill that extra time. I am hoping for content.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links