Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if they quit drilling around the money pit this year, I think they want to better explore the swamp if they can get permits that allow them to do that and not be wasting their time in there by not being allowed to do much in it...

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as the ratings are up and the money is Rollin in they will be back, even if they Have to put Gaaaary in a thong while detecting

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Made it through the show without falling asleep... not sure how as that was another lame episode.
Best part was "We found so much good stuff in the 6" hole... How could we not fine anything in a 6' hole? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

They were so sure they were resting on top of the vault they changed caisson to a smaller one with better teeth and wolla! Nothing!

At least the continue to remind us of the back story over and over and over!

Fred's son might have some cool info. He had that strange key... what does it open? Cue up the announcer for all sorts of possibilities!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the key is from Lizzie Borden's diary----------------------- OR, could it be ???:dontknow::dontknow:???:laughing9:

a device for a Templar's chastity belt---- rick, marty and the team------------- ALONG WITH professional BLAH,BLAH,gawwy

DISCUSS THIS ------------------------ IN THE WAR ROOM

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Key in not that old i found this one at a 1880 church .
Picture 280.jpg Picture 279.jpg Picture 281.jpg

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred's son might have some cool info. He had that strange key... what does it open?
Given that Fred never found any treasure it seems unlikely that Fred had any relevant information as to where the treasure could of been found... As for keys.. Why bother locking a chest you are burying 100+feet ( or even 10 foot) down a hole. Did the treasure hider think the treasure seeker would dig down and find the box but then see it is locked. Because they do not have a key.. They say Damm and re bury the treasure chest....

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I just happened to see a bit of Ancient Aliens on tonight. Lately they have going back and using examples they said was from "Oak Island ". Cheap production costs, just borrow from another History Channel production. In the past they have specifically mentioned "Oak Island ". Tonight they said they had samples from "an island off the cost of Nova Scotia " that the lab analyzed several times and the carbon dating data says this material is from approx. 3,000 years into the future. wtf-question-mark-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just happened to see a bit of Ancient Aliens on tonight. Lately they have going back and using examples they said was from "Oak Island ". Cheap production costs, just borrow from another History Channel production. In the past they have specifically mentioned "Oak Island ". Tonight they said they had samples from "an island off the cost of Nova Scotia " that the lab analyzed several times and the carbon dating data says this material is from approx. 3,000 years into the future. View attachment 1541582

that is totally impossible---- GLOBAL WARMING will end all life on Earth 2,957 years from today------- :laughing9:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
that is totally impossible---- GLOBAL WARMING will end all life on Earth 2,957 years from today------- :laughing9:

Yeh, global warming, and we have been experiencing more periods of record cold than we have record heat for the past few years in the midwest.
Cold-Freezinglg.gif~c200

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question I Have: Regarding worldwide treasures that have been found: Is there any documentation that any were concealed with death "traps" in them? Of all the treasures found, I've never read of any traps, let alone traps as complicated as those speculated on oak island.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I read a novel a number of years ago where some people had buried a ruler of theirs and had booby trapped the location. While it is a work of fiction, the trap is very plausible, at least to me, as it hasn't been tested by Mythbusters. :tongue3: Here is what they did. There was a hallway that went back into a cave. Then the hallway went down at a steep angle, then up at a steep angle making a huge 'V'. The people noticed lots of grass and leaves and vegetation at the bottom of the 'V'. They also noticed as they tried to climb the other side that they could no longer breathe. Turns out the builders had placed all the vegetation at the bottom so that when it decomposed, it would give off CO2 which is heavier than oxygen so when people got there, they would suffocate.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this whole show is like talking about 'feelings' with a woman/ blah blah blah blah blah

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robot why did the treasure recovers bother to re bury the pit after getting there treasure? How did no one notice the recovers major operation to get the treasure back other than a few lights if there must of been heaps of treasure so the recovers would of at least needed a big ship and a large recovery crew.. Why are there no records/sightings of this other than some lights seen on the island?

How did the tunnel builders avoid flooding. The underground cavities are not filled by a single flood tunnel. This is shown by the fact that cave in pit, 10x and C1 all filled up with salt water. There is no way one flood tunnel just coincidently happened to intersect all three (not to mention every other hole that has ever been dug in the area has filled up with water)..
Robot why did the treasure recovers bother to re bury the pit after getting there treasure

Maybe they're good stewards and we should be applauding them for filling their holes! Sorry just couldn't resist!! Hey if they throw that in an episode you are all witnesses when I hit them up for some $$$ for the idea!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Key in not that old i found this one at a 1880 church .
View attachment 1541447 View attachment 1541448 View attachment 1541449
That's a nice find!! Also, their key has a bunch of knock offs out there! I bought some on a ring that were made in Pakistan (according to the seller) in the last few years. I've got 5 gal. buckets of similar that were inherited from my shop & my grandfathers locksmith shop. Anyone find or have a good pic of that key? I'd like to see a high def pic to see if it's a hand cut from a different blank.

HINT - WATCH THEIR FACES! WHEN THESE ITEMS ARE PREESENTED, THEY ALL GET THAT "HOPE WE DON'T GET CAUGHT" LOOK! Ain't a one of them got a good poker face! Focus on their faces not the item and all your questions will be answered.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice find!! Also, their key has a bunch of knock offs out there! I bought some on a ring that were made in Pakistan (according to the seller) in the last few years. I've got 5 gal. buckets of similar that were inherited from my shop & my grandfathers locksmith shop. Anyone find or have a good pic of that key? I'd like to see a high def pic to see if it's a hand cut from a different blank.

HINT - WATCH THEIR FACES! WHEN THESE ITEMS ARE PREESENTED, THEY ALL GET THAT "HOPE WE DON'T GET CAUGHT" LOOK! Ain't a one of them got a good poker face! Focus on their faces not the item and all your questions will be answered.

Just look Dave B. In the war room, you can read on his face ...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Elementary My Good Fellow!

Robot why did the treasure recovers bother to re bury the pit after getting there treasure

Maybe they're good stewards and we should be applauding them for filling their holes! Sorry just couldn't resist!! Hey if they throw that in an episode you are all witnesses when I hit them up for some $$$ for the idea!

The Freemasons had no further need to enter the "Money Pit" once they had secured their Treasure by way of a Tunnel up to the North/West end of the Island.

They knew exactly where their treasure was located and could access it later by way of an Entry Tunnel near by.

The Freemasons having "Robbed" the Crown of their Treasure, did not want any evidence pointing any fingers towards them.

Many of the Freemason conspirators were still alive and still ruled under King George III.

The Freemasons did not want any "Holes in Their Story"...Back to You!

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although some earlier episodes came close, last night’s episode finally “jumped the shark”. Last week they went on yet another meaningless trip to a castle to generate more fluff to fill air time. This week the “expert” metal detector guy and Rick decide to walk on the beach and “find” a lead cross that “matches” a carving found at the castle last week. To top it off, the narrator states that the cross was found in the area where the oak island team found “French storm drains”. Of course no one including Rick and Marty’s team have ever actually found any storm drains, especially flood tunnels that lead to the imaginary money pit, even after hundreds of years of digging.

The cross they planted was reminiscent of the time Rick pointed to the beach from a far distance and said, “what’s that” and walked to the area and found a “special” rock that was obviously planted as well.
You folks just don't get it. Earlier people were ragging Gary. It probably went more like this. We're a production Company looking for a metal detector person to participate..... Sound familiar? The producers picked him out of a pile of auditions because he fit the part - he was a real character that people would like. Whoops we've got to give him some creds or a cool title
! I'm not saying he's not an expert, he just fit the part. I'd bet good money the lead cross was located (either found or bought) weeks before. The producers sat on it till they could come up with a story line, scripted it and made arrangements for the trip. You're getting all wrapped up in a story for cable! It's not a documentary. It's a scripted show for cable & to make money along with looking cool in some producers resume. The "team" have at the very least made their mark so that & the money is good. Without the funding from the sponsors the shows would be nothing but fluff period and we'd all be *****ing about it!

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planting is possible, but the cross will be conclusively authentic if they have it tested and dated (unless they forge a test report) - lead has a definable aging curve from time of smelting.
There's supposed to be a test to tell if lead was mined before the nukes were being tested. All I can remember was if the lead was mined & smelted before the nuclear tests it commanded a much higher price and a few of the bigger recyclers could do the test. This is from my old as dirt under caffeinated memory. If anyone else can elaborate please chip in & fill in the facts for me please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread