Season 5

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Simply!...The Law for Water Pressure!

But very strange.. Hopefully a member here will know about this type of phenomena and can explain it for us..

Pascal’s+Law.jpg

Pascal's law (also Pascal's principle or the principle of transmission of fluid-pressure) is a principle in fluid mechanics that states that apressure change occurring anywhere in a confined incompressible fluid is transmitted throughout the fluid such that the same change occurs everywhere.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal detecting on the show is a distraction so that they can keep perpetuating the hoax. Many folks have been to that island through out history and dropped things. Just because one finds a coin, spike, Roman sword ��, etc., it does not mean there is a “treasure“ there. Of course some will still continue to believe in the long running hoax regardless...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it does not mean there is a “treasure“ there. Of course some will still continue to believe in the long running hoax regardless...
I do wonder if there are many people left that still believe treasure is there.. I do not think the Lagina brothers believe it any longer. Still the pattern drilling will show once and for all that no massive treasure hoard is still buried there...

There latest 'pirate' story and his chest/s shows once again the problems they have with the basic premise of the legend. If that privateer buried anything on oak island he did not dig a 170+ foot hole to bury it...

The pointing to the three other keys and saying these may be the keys to the 'alleged' chests found by the original pit finders is a pretty long stretch... (Also you do wonder what is the point of locking a chest you are going to bury... ie someone digs it up and says "Oh No its locked... What do we do now".... :tongue3:)

Still the only even 'part credible' story of treasure ever being on Oak Island is the one told by the descendants and that has the treasure buried at about 10 foot..

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The metal detecting on the show is a distraction so that they can keep perpetuating the hoax. Many folks have been to that island through out history and dropped things. Just because one finds a coin, spike, Roman sword ��, etc., it does not mean there is a “treasure“ there. Of course some will still continue to believe in the long running hoax regardless...

I agree. I also thought it was ludicrous to even mention the 1400's for dating the spike just because no traces of sulfur or manganese were found. I'm still not sure why the spike can't be from the early 1800's when the first treasure hunters were digging around in Oak Island. Dunfield later turned the money pit area upside down, so that spike may have easily been buried 5 ft deep at one point. It's like me finding a piece of granite at an early 1900's construction site, but instead of assuming it came from that time period, I proceed to tell a scientist to prove that the sample wasn't reshaped in 500 B.C.

As far as the Spanish coins are concerned, it's a bit late in the game to keep gathering clues about who was actually visiting the island throughout its history. At this point you either find something in the money pit or not. I don't care if they find 50 Spanish coins at ground level, it doesn't really add much to the narrative at this point. It's like watching a murder mystery movie with the killer pointing a gun at the detective and confessing to his crimes, while the detective says hold on a second, let me look in this drawer to see if the victims left any clues about what happened.

Last edited:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...i gave it a try. I watched the first episode and now i regret it. I wish i could have my time back but, its gone. All i saw was a bunch of teasers followed by commercials followed by more teasers that will eventually show nothing in the end.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could they please dig a hole and bury the "narrator" in it.

biggest TOOL on this phony show :BangHead:

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still the pattern drilling will show once and for all that no massive treasure hoard is still buried there..

I disagree. Unless you scrape that entire island down to bedrock, the believers will always point and say that they should of dug somewhere else

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. Unless you scrape that entire island down to bedrock, the believers will always point and say that they should of dug somewhere else

With all of the digging all over the island for 200+ years, its as close to have been completely dug down to bedrock as possible. Since there was never an actual money pit found (no actual proof ever has been presented that one ever existed), looking at other places on the island just continues to perpetuate the hoax and allow more time for energy windmill planning to proceed...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. There will always be some... But most will accept that there is no treasure hoard at the bottom of the money pit after the pattern drilling. If there was this method would find it. It cannot miss.

What a fascinating story Oak island is.. How much money and lives has been spent trying to find a rumor of treasure...

I am very happy that the brothers will finally close the story.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did they ever re-use lumber in the old days? Might that "old" nail have been part of something taken apart and re-used to build a shaft or brace or something? Hmmm???

As for the new Privateer who's 200 year old chest was found... yea, he dug the money pit all by himself. Yes, totally believable.
Just another crackpot theory to add to the hour show. If not, the narrator would have to do mare rehashing.... can't stand that part of the show.

200 is a good number for the show....
200 year old mystery
200 million spent looking for "The Treasure"
200 Crackpot theories out there about OI

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Like New Ross. ;-)

Even if you went down to bedrock they'd claim you missed the hidden cavern entrance.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Has the producer of the show ever even hinted at how they supposedly dug the money pit down to bedrock with sea water pouring in. Did they use buckets and diving bells? I guess it could be done by a dozen guys in a couple of years but certainly would not be easy and they would never expect to retrieve it.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has the producer of the show ever even hinted at how they supposedly dug the money pit down to bedrock with sea water pouring in. Did they use buckets and diving bells? I guess it could be done by a dozen guys in a couple of years but certainly would not be easy and they would never expect to retrieve it.
The assumption that the legend was based on is that no water existed there until the flood tunnel was breached. I would think it is pretty obvious by now that the underground cavern system is linked to the Ocean and this is the source of the water.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I would think it is pretty obvious by now that the underground cavern system is linked to the Ocean and this is the source of the water.

It would be pretty obvious to someone with even a passing knowledge of how saltwater intrusion works with regards to islands, especially porous islands. We seem to have a shortage of such people in certain circles.

Have any Oak Island treasure hunters bothered to ask a geologist about what they're seeing? I find it hard to believe that this hasn't happened. Perhaps some of them have asked, but they didn't like the answer.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has any one confirmed that the water in the pit is seawater??
Rick tasted it when it was coming out of C1 and said it was salt water.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lumping of 3 episodes together is an indication that sponsorship is waining and that they need to broadcast this season’s episodes ASAP to finish the season so that airtime can be opened up for new fantasy tales....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread