Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Season 5

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2016
    79 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    Yep... That cavern is not that big and he was down there for 35 minutes. I doubt that there could of been much metal in there or he would of found it. If there was metal then it was probably from previous drilling holes. They keep saying no one has been that deep. How could they possibly know that. That thing they called a hook could of easily been part of a previous drilling effort. How many drill holes have been done in the area. They seem to imply that the only previous searches were just digging mine shafts without drilling for core samples before. I doubt this is true.

If a previous drill hole had punctured the top of that cavity the things there could of fallen in through that hole (if anything is there)

I am pretty amazed it has taken them so long to come up with the pattern drilling of the area plan. That would of saved them heaps of money if they had done that before digging there big holes last season.

Still better late then never. This process WILL answer the question as to any treasure being there....
    The whole point of the dive was to stop the harness approximately 2 ft above the shaft bottom as to not disturb the silt, in order to have a good look. Of course, 10 seconds after the diver reached bottom, he announced that his toes were touching the ground. Next thing you know, all the silt build-up reduces visibility, and the guy scrambles out of the harness to do whatever he was doing. Even the coordinator up top seemed fed-up with him when the diver announced that he was sitting in the harness sideways. He basically just shrugged it off and said we're pulling you back in.

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger too
    466 times
    Since these guys come in pairs.....Morty and Rick....we can just say that their fumbles also follow the same trends....

The same diving reenactment scene that Blankenship performed once......way back when.....is now being repeated from Pulitzer's fail to this season's carry over....

At this rate with this pattern we are seeing the replications of the season 2 fiascos being played out....

Don't forget that during the heyday.....

13 million was spent buying the island, then the equipment with Canadian Film money.....

and after the deaths of the Producer from History Channel, the death of Fred Nolan, and the death of Tester......we are seeing their own fantasy island curse being played out.....

now with all this lost....and they still refuse to play fair.......

Amundsen told them where to look.....and you think that they are really finding something of closure searching with the final information ....... ?

What they are doing is propping up their "equipment handling skills" while showing Canada that they are really amateur and are looking to Mine resources offshore......not to mention their fracking projects......

Don't look at the oil and wind we are mining for privatizing interests in Canada of Natural Resources........Natural resources that belong to the Native People......

Just keep waiting while we plot and scheme to take out every publicly owned subsidy there and make it into another NAFTA backed scam.....

These guys are literally some of the last oil magnates that are in the scope of investigators there.

As well as the fact that they want us to now ignore their other agendas there.

Why do you think that they are only spending a whopping 6 weeks a year there doing work?

Cause it's important to Canadian Travel and Tourism?
    Last edited by Eldo; Nov 10, 2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Singlestack Wonder likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    7944 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
    The whole point of the dive was to stop the harness approximately 2 ft above the shaft bottom as to not disturb the silt, in order to have a good look...
    Talkin' about shaft, can you dig it?
    Right on!
    PullTabPete likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2010
    Austin TX
    White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
    87 times
    how many ppl have the money to dig 2 million dollar hole .lucky bastiages

. I didn't like the second dive ...same as first .... put a magnet in the hole ..just as another members said ...eliminate ... detect on the on the side of the erosion ....why wouldn't ya ...but who's sayin they didn't
    gazzahk likes this.

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger too
    466 times
    Whata Shoa....geez I tell ya.....

us
    May 2008
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    64 times
    "Rain? On an island in the Atlantic? Could the curse be using the weather to keep the treasure hidden?" - Narrator, probably
    1637 likes this.

Nov 2015
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Customx_12 View Post
    "Rain? On an island in the Atlantic? Could the curse be using the weather to keep the treasure hidden?" - Narrator, probably
    My guess is lack of anything being there is what is keeping the treasure hidden....

I am glad I live somewhere warmer....
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    398 times
    I think it now is pretty obvious after that episode if there was metal in C1 it has fallen in from elsewhere. The way the water spurted out when they were pumping air down that other hole it is certain that this new hole is connected to the other one. It must be a massive cavity system down there connected to the ocean. Rick said the water was full on sea water.

The 'alleged' coin find was pretty unconvincing as proof of anything. I remember reading an article that was saying that Spanish coins were pretty common everywhere back in the day. They were a bit like the modern US $ everyone would accept them. So finding them on oak island doesn't say much.

(edit: Found article http://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/bl...ake-those-here )

They did not show much with the spike other then pre 1830 ish.
    Last edited by gazzahk; Nov 15, 2017 at 10:33 PM.
    Live the moment...

Feb 2017
    15 times
    The way the water spurted out when they were pumping air down that other hole it is certain that this new hole is connected to the other one. It must be a massive cavity system down there connected to the ocean. Rick said the water was full on sea water.
    I can't visualize how the drill process works - what is being pressurized enough to cause water to vigorously rise from C1 many feet above sea level? If it's salt water, there's a 1-way valve/flow to allow a chamber of salt water to be pressurized by the drill so that the water rises to the lid level.

Overall, this season may be promising: the more items they find, the more clues they offer. A single object isn't likely to mean much in itself unless it's extremely rare or valuable. But taken together they might really tell a story. Templars....

Nov 2015
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    I can't visualize how the drill process works - what is being pressurized enough to cause water to vigorously rise from C1 many feet above sea level? If it's salt water, there's a 1-way valve/flow to allow a chamber of salt water to be pressurized by the drill so that the water rises to the lid level.
    Yep... I was pretty surprised when that water started pouring out of C1 and also bubbling up out of the ground. They said that they were pumping air down their drill hole (do not know why they would be doing that) but it must of been heaps of pressure to cause that much water to come rushing up.

But very strange.. Hopefully a member here will know about this type of phenomena and can explain it for us..
    Live the moment...

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    470 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Simply!...The Law for Water Pressure!

But very strange.. Hopefully a member here will know about this type of phenomena and can explain it for us..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pascalís+Law.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	1516572

Pascal's law (also Pascal's principle or the principle of transmission of fluid-pressure) is a principle in fluid mechanics that states that apressure change occurring anywhere in a confined incompressible fluid is transmitted throughout the fluid such that the same change occurs everywhere.
    gazzahk likes this.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    270 times
    The metal detecting on the show is a distraction so that they can keep perpetuating the hoax. Many folks have been to that island through out history and dropped things. Just because one finds a coin, spike, Roman sword ��, etc., it does not mean there is a “treasure“ there. Of course some will still continue to believe in the long running hoax regardless...
    skybolt likes this.

Nov 2015
    398 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    it does not mean there is a “treasure“ there. Of course some will still continue to believe in the long running hoax regardless...
    I do wonder if there are many people left that still believe treasure is there.. I do not think the Lagina brothers believe it any longer. Still the pattern drilling will show once and for all that no massive treasure hoard is still buried there...

There latest 'pirate' story and his chest/s shows once again the problems they have with the basic premise of the legend. If that privateer buried anything on oak island he did not dig a 170+ foot hole to bury it...

The pointing to the three other keys and saying these may be the keys to the 'alleged' chests found by the original pit finders is a pretty long stretch... (Also you do wonder what is the point of locking a chest you are going to bury... ie someone digs it up and says "Oh No its locked... What do we do now".... )

Still the only even 'part credible' story of treasure ever being on Oak Island is the one told by the descendants and that has the treasure buried at about 10 foot..
    burlbark likes this.
    Live the moment...

Dec 2016
    79 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    The metal detecting on the show is a distraction so that they can keep perpetuating the hoax. Many folks have been to that island through out history and dropped things. Just because one finds a coin, spike, Roman sword ��, etc., it does not mean there is a “treasure“ there. Of course some will still continue to believe in the long running hoax regardless...
    I agree. I also thought it was ludicrous to even mention the 1400's for dating the spike just because no traces of sulfur or manganese were found. I'm still not sure why the spike can't be from the early 1800's when the first treasure hunters were digging around in Oak Island. Dunfield later turned the money pit area upside down, so that spike may have easily been buried 5 ft deep at one point. It's like me finding a piece of granite at an early 1900's construction site, but instead of assuming it came from that time period, I proceed to tell a scientist to prove that the sample wasn't reshaped in 500 B.C.

As far as the Spanish coins are concerned, it's a bit late in the game to keep gathering clues about who was actually visiting the island throughout its history. At this point you either find something in the money pit or not. I don't care if they find 50 Spanish coins at ground level, it doesn't really add much to the narrative at this point. It's like watching a murder mystery movie with the killer pointing a gun at the detective and confessing to his crimes, while the detective says hold on a second, let me look in this drawer to see if the victims left any clues about what happened.
    Last edited by skybolt; Nov 16, 2017 at 09:53 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    Greensboro NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer Have owned Minlab E-trac, Tesoro Tejon, BH-505 Whites 6000 Di Garrett ADS 2,3 and 7
    1325 times
    Well...i gave it a try. I watched the first episode and now i regret it. I wish i could have my time back but, its gone. All i saw was a bunch of teasers followed by commercials followed by more teasers that will eventually show nothing in the end.
    A yard a day keeps the blues away!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links