Season 5

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chesapeake, Virginia to Boston

I see more proof , or circumstantial Evidence of a past treasure than anything Naysayers put forward as a hoax.

You Bud Aurum

oak-island-sword.jpg

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bud

It is not possible to prove something does not exist the same way it is possible to prove something does.. This is why some people still believe in vampires and aliens among us.... There is ZERO evidence that treasure was every buried 170+ foot below OI. If you choose to believe that treasure exists there that is your choice. BUT you are choosing to believe something that is not supported by ANY evidence...

What are you talking about Gazzahk? and I consider you one of the level-headed guys. Did you read my quotes? I am only asking to prove a hoax or planting items.

EVEN IF A TREASURE HAD NEVER EXISTED, IT DOES NOT PROVE A HOAX, only proves there is some misguided individuals.

It is hard to prove someone planted an item? Really? Harder than proving a treasure? Cmon...

It may be a bit harder proving no kind of hoax ever existed, but I believe most people who hunted for the Oak Island Treasure treasure did it in earnest.
The definition of a hoax is someone who purposely misleads or fabricates and that could also be proven, but not easily if the hoaxer never tells anyone.
Also, the Lagina brothers were hunting for the treasure years before they were contracted with the History channel.

Your Bud Aurum

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you talking about Gazzahk? and I consider you one of the level-headed guys. Did you read my quotes? I am only asking to prove a hoax or planting items.

EVEN IF A TREASURE HAD NEVER EXISTED, IT DOES NOT PROVE A HOAX, only proves there is some misguided individuals.

It is hard to prove someone planted an item? Really? Harder than proving a treasure? Cmon...

It may be a bit harder proving no kind of hoax ever existed, but I believe most people who hunted for the Oak Island Treasure treasure did it in earnest.
The definition of a hoax is someone who purposely misleads or fabricates and that could also be proven, but not easily if the hoaxer never tells anyone.
Also, the Lagina brothers were hunting for the treasure years before they were contracted with the History channel.

Your Bud Aurum
fair enough.. miss understood.. I do agree that most people that have ben searching for the treasure on OI believed that treasure actually existed and were not there to promote a hoax..:thumbsup:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is quite possible that treasure existed on OI. There is NO WAY was it buried at 170+ foot...

Which plays into the theory that the original 3 with or without Samuel Ball did find it and everybody just kept digging down not knowing it had already been found... I agree on the no treasure at 170'

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Why must it constantly be said that : "seven men must die before the mysterious treasure reveals itself" ?
This is not a proven fact. It's not even known where and when this "curse" was attached to Oak Island. If only 5 people had been known to have lost their lives in search for treasure, would the "powers to be" have changed the curse to to read six men must die or had seven men died, would the curse read eight men must die ? I still hope they find something, but I wish it would not be at the expense of insulting our intelligence each week ? And I, like so many others, are amazed at the "Hold-up" of getting that cross tested. The longer they delay, the more suspicious we become. I really want to see the brothers succeed as I was hooked on this story some 57 years ago as a youngster. I believe that there was once treasure on the island.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which plays into the theory that the original 3 with or without Samuel Ball did find it and everybody just kept digging down not knowing it had already been found... I agree on the no treasure at 170'
yep.. That pretty much wraps up what I think also...

joshDarius

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there's a good chance that Samuel Ball did indeed find a chest - full of gold coins (koy-ins); but I doubt this chest was connected in any way to a Templar religious treasure buried in a deep vault somewhere.

Yeah, everyone was digging up gold coins on an island that people were drying salt to make 20 cents a month...LMAO you Rubes are either morons or in the line of the Vaginas for an inheritance....unbelievable how gullible or corrupt people are, tis a horrible world.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, everyone was digging up gold coins on an island that people were drying salt to make 20 cents a month...LMAO you Rubes are either morons or in the line of the Vaginas for an inheritance....unbelievable how gullible or corrupt people are, tis a horrible world.

Im Listening.gif

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You NON-BELIEVERS
are
all WRONG!

tn_old_man_spinning_head.gif

I can't remember if it was in the Bible
or
the World Encyclopedia but it said

.:: and I quote ::.

Everything about Oak Island is true - PERIOD!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember if it was in the Bible
or
the World Encyclopedia but it said

.:: and I quote ::.

Everything about Oak Island is true - PERIOD!
I bet you found it on the INTERNET... Because everything you read on the internet is true... AND THAT IS A FACT.... :tongue3:

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proof the Treasure is no longer on Oak Island. I found this badge yesterday from the April 1904 Knights Templars Conclave held in Paris, Texas. Could it be that the Knights moved the Treasure in 1904 from Oak Island to Texas? I googled the 1904 conclave and was actually held in May 1904. Could it be that April was put on the badge as a ruse to cover up the May move? I am on the trail and am waiting for Marty and Rick to contact me. photo (3).JPG

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So much money to find.... I see they even include they toy gun with their "finds"... If this table is really all they have to show for this season then it shows the "rumor" that was spread of a major find was just BS...

View attachment 1558191

All I see is junk unrelated to treasure....

Uh oh. Notice the hand gestures of those in the back. Is it possible that Hitler had found and moved the treasure before or during WWII and it is now hidden in Antarctica or wherever he went when he escaped after the war?

Last edited:

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
Well heregoes. I’ve refrained from commenting until now. Is it a hoax? Well no I don’t believeit was begun with that as its intent. In my opinion the belief was there was atreasure to be found. As season after season was produced, when it became moreand more evident that the show created a cash investment and return for all concerned the network decided that the certain elements needed to be added. And of course they were. Theories which had very little in the way of fact, finds that were questionable and didn’t prove those theories, hints that next week’s show would disclose an important find,and a constant rehash of all of this in order to fill up the required episode length.At that point was truth diluted to make way for what may have been a hoax? Possibly. I really, really wanted the brothers to find something worthwhile. And they didn’t. All of you involved should go home to your families, Spend time with them, appreciate them and get on with your lives.

Bruce

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cross is a fake item planted by the film crew. If one believes the story line where the cast went to a castle in Europe, saw carvings they stated were made by finger nails and teeth in stone, and then the 1st thing the "metal detecting expert" finds on the next show is a cross that perfectly matches the carvings, then send me $10,000 in cash and I'll sell you a map to the REAL LOST DUTCHMAN'S MINE.

Sorry been real busy and haven't been keeping up.
The problem I have with the carvings is the theory they were done with fingernails or teeth. Let's do a little experiment go out and find a rock of sandstone or limestone and try to make a groove with our fingernails. Did you come up with the results I did? Nails ground down completely with a barely a mark on your rock? Even if I scraped away for years, I'm almost positive I wouldn't be able to duplicate those. And taking into consideration how much they've worn down over the years. I've got part of a really old dental plate with genuine teeth I'm trying to remember which bucket it's in. I want to try those and a tooth that's been extracted. For some reason I keep picturing a bunch of Templars eating gruel because they've got no teeth. I'll update when I can do this.

Oh! If you call a dentist office & ask for a tooth expect to get laughed at (x2) or hung up on (x1) thinking you're a prankster. As far as the cross goes, it can be faked. A gentleman I knew years back did replicas & restorations. He used I believe it was quick lime and flour sand to make a very convincing caliche coating on his replicas. This puts HUGE questions on the cross being authentic. Anyone else thought past the plot and the experts assumptions? Any of you relic hunters have strap hinges from barns or gates that are as roached as the ones Gary found but are from the 1800s at the earliest?

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry been real busy and haven't been keeping up.
The problem I have with the carvings is the theory they were done with fingernails or teeth. Let's do a little experiment go out and find a rock of sandstone or limestone and try to make a groove with our fingernails. Did you come up with the results I did? Nails ground down completely with a barely a mark on your rock? Even if I scraped away for years, I'm almost positive I wouldn't be able to duplicate those. And taking into consideration how much they've worn down over the years. I've got part of a really old dental plate with genuine teeth I'm trying to remember which bucket it's in. I want to try those and a tooth that's been extracted. For some reason I keep picturing a bunch of Templars eating gruel because they've got no teeth. I'll update when I can do this.

Oh! If you call a dentist office & ask for a tooth expect to get laughed at (x2) or hung up on (x1) thinking you're a prankster. As far as the cross goes, it can be faked. A gentleman I knew years back did replicas & restorations. He used I believe it was quick lime and flour sand to make a very convincing caliche coating on his replicas. This puts HUGE questions on the cross being authentic. Anyone else thought past the plot and the experts assumptions? Any of you relic hunters have strap hinges from barns or gates that are as roached as the ones Gary found but are from the 1800s at the earliest?

I still think they probably used the spoons given to them during their daily meals to carve the walls. Either that or perhaps the thigh bone of a deceased inmate.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure they had access to more then just finger nails and teeth. That should be a given. Not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of. One of the many liberties the show took to make it sound more elaborate for TV...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread