Season 5

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just finished watching the first show. Episode 00. All it showed really was that the first 4 season s could of been covered in a 1 hour episode. There "big finds" summarized... Coconut fibers, Spanish coin, ship nail (or railway spike) and French drain. It is also worth noting that none of those things come from anywhere near the alleged pit...From there digs, shinny something , British military button. assorted old wood and metal...

I can see why season 5 is justified the evidence of millions of dollars of treasure being buried there is pretty overwhelming :icon_scratch:

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i watched the 2hrs in 15mins and i dont think i missed anything.
good luck to them. brad

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"This is a real opportunity - storm disturbance, erosion" which frequently reveals items that were previously buried
"Great - let's bring in Gary and have him metal detect"
So Gary arrives, and begins searching with the detector...in old growth forest, and not in newly washed out island areas.

Meyer

Greenie
Jan 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about that bone they found last season?

BruiserBrody

May 18, 2011
I cackled when they transitioned from the panicked attitude of WE MUST REBUILD THE ROAD NOW to "Taking a break in the war room...."

The bit on the teen boy dying hit me in the feels.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
"This is a real opportunity - storm disturbance, erosion" which frequently reveals items that were previously buried
"Great - let's bring in Gary and have him metal detect"
So Gary arrives, and begins searching with the detector...in old growth forest, and not in newly washed out island areas.

And after they found the coin, they had to send it out to be cleaned and dated. Any guesses how many episodes before it makes its return?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cackled when they transitioned from the panicked attitude of WE MUST REBUILD THE ROAD NOW to "Taking a break in the war room...."

They must not have had time in the episode to show more detail about fixing the road. Even though it has nothing to do directly with treasure search, I would have found it interesting. Even though the area of the washed out road has nothing to do with ancient treasure, they should still have spent some time peering at the newly exposed shoreline on foot or from a boat before fixing it.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COULD IT BE

imagesHDK3A4TC.jpg

The Hook Looking Item Protruding from the C1 Shaft.

Part of the Menorah From Solomon's Temple?
Theorist Say "Yes"

Your Bud Aurum

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched the actual first episode now. Well I must say the pattern drilling they are going to do will prove once and for all there is no treasure buried there. It seems that they must find anything that is there. If nothing if found then they will have looked everywhere. The story of the pit will be finished I would think.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just watched the actual first episode now. Well I must say the pattern drilling they are going to do will prove once and for all there is no treasure buried there. It seems that they must find anything that is there. If nothing if found then they will have looked everywhere. The story of the pit will be finished I would think.

Took two tries to make it through the 2hr episode... fell asleep the first time about halfway through... slow going. Need more action.

Good thought, seems reasonable but this is OI so after years pass, someone new with $$$ to throw around will start over and dig and dig till nothing is found again and again....
Seems like a repeating circle.

**Spoiler - Marty does say they found the Money Pit and it is real! Ya, show us!!**

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about that bone they found last season?

Its always gonna be a chicken bone when they try to assert its nothing to need an archaeologist.....just throw it in the trash they say.....lol

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one who has zero confidence in that diver? Last year he was getting positive metal readings all around at the bottom of C-1, until Chatterton went down and found nothing. In last night's episode he was all over the place trying to chisel out the piece of metal he was supposedly holding onto to no avail, aimlessly grabbing silt from the bottom of the shaft without feeling for pieces of metal first, and then complaining about sitting sideways in the harness. Even Marty and crew agreed that they should only give him one task to do next time, which basically entailed him actually finding and retrieving a piece of metal. Wasn't this what he was tasked to to do this time around? I give the guy credit for being brave enough to go down the shaft, but has no clue what he's doing once down there. I wouldn't doubt that he went to the wrong end of the cavern from what the video image showed.

Last edited:

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still perplexed as to why the Lagina's constantly mention that anything that comes out of GAL-1 must be from the original money pit. Didn't Dunfield excavate down 140 ft (even if it's a bit less than that), and then fill the hole back up again using the same excavated material? As others have mentioned on these boards, it's very likely that the railroad spike was excavated from within these depths and could've come from anywhere within Dunfield's excavated perimeter.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And after they found the coin, they had to send it out to be cleaned and dated. Any guesses how many episodes before it makes its return?

I had to back up the video to hear that one again.

They did say CLEANED.

It could be a rare coin and in uncirculated by buried condition.
It will be in their gift shop next week.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even Marty and crew agreed that they should only give him one task to do next time, which basically entailed him actually finding and retrieving a piece of metal. Wasn't this what he was tasked to to do this time around?

I was waiting and waiting after they sent the camera down and they saw what could be metal and something woven. I was waiting for one of the brothers to say they are a t-net member on the Mag fishing forum and let go to Harbor Freight and get their $10 magnet and some clothes line and see what we can snag. But no, the want to bring in a diver and a dozen crew members to do something dramatic so they can go to a commercial. Nothing dramatic about a magnet and some rope so they can't have any commercials.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was saddened about the death of Craig's son. But even then they used it for some drama.

When one of the brothers drove up to be with his other brother who had come back early. He got out of the SUV and someone else got out of the other front seat. The two came over and had a "happy reunion entrance" and I thought that was it. Must have been a minute later Craig and son-in-law got out of the back seats. So now the director can have the "sad entrance"

Why didn't every one get out at the same time? That would be normal. Gotta have Hollywood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread