Mad as a hornet(spoilers 11/21/17)

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I am very angry.

So all of the sudden, the archeological community sticks their nose into the search. What BS! All they really want is to disrupt and or stop them because of pure hatred and jealousy. If they are SO concerned, then THEY need to fund the treasure hunt. In my area, MANY of old amusement parks and ball fields were turned into industrial parks and parking lots WITHOUT any concern for archeological preservation. None. The artifacts that were there are all lost to time. Sorry, but you can't have a double standard. It can't be okay to bulldoze to make money but not okay to try to find it. What BS. If anyone who was involved in that letter to shut them down is reading this, get a life and stop trying to halt progress AND that is the nicest thing you will hear from me. IRL, I won't be so nice.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I am very angry.

So all of the sudden, the archeological community sticks their nose into the search. What BS! All they really want is to disrupt and or stop them because of pure hatred and jealousy. If they are SO concerned, then THEY need to fund the treasure hunt. In my area, MANY of old amusement parks and ball fields were turned into industrial parks and parking lots WITHOUT any concern for archeological preservation. None. The artifacts that were there are all lost to time. Sorry, but you can't have a double standard. It can't be okay to bulldoze to make money but not okay to try to find it. What BS. If anyone who was involved in that letter to shut them down is reading this, get a life and stop trying to halt progress AND that is the nicest thing you will hear from me. IRL, I won't be so nice.

Well, it's not as a surprise to them as they let on...that was a part of the agreement they had with the Canada Government after their third season. This was to ensure that the sites were properly recorded and the archaeologist protected Canada's interests. The only thing that changed is the archaeologist files for the request to dig, they added the drama...

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What BS! All they really want is to disrupt and or stop them because of pure hatred and jealousy.

If the government of Nova Scotia didn't want the Laginas on Oak Island, they would just pull their permits ... or wouldn't have issued them in the first place ... and they certainly wouldn't have granted them millions of dollars in tax rebates. It is the responsibility of the NS Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage to protect Nova Scotia's historical resources. This includes keeping foreigners from running heavy equipment through what may be a historically significant site.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's not as a surprise to them as they let on...that was a part of the agreement they had with the Canada Government after their third season. This was to ensure that the sites were properly recorded and the archaeologist protected Canada's interests. The only thing that changed is the archaeologist files for the request to dig, they added the drama...

Government of Nova Scotia. The feds have nothing to do with this.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Fed's"??? My mistake The Canadian Government...Who do they file their permits with?

Historical and cultural resources is a provincial jurisdiction, so any permits that the Laginas require would be drawn from the government of the Province of Nova Scotia, not the Government of Canada.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am certain they welcome the drama.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Historical and cultural resources is a provincial jurisdiction, so any permits that the Laginas require would be drawn from the government of the Province of Nova Scotia, not the Government of Canada.

Well thank God you clarified that, next time I will be more vague as not to set off anyone's posterior Arthropods... And now we know...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This "Government Battle" happened to me and others...as previously posted!

The Last Great Indian Battle...2017...Oak Island, Nova Scotia

Mi'k Maq.jpg

With the “rumor” of what may be First Nation’s or historical artifacts discovered on Oak Island, could a battle over archaeological rights be arising between The First Nations, the Government of Canada and the new American Settlers (Lagina Brothers)?

Canadian First Nations are quite different from other North American Indians.

There was little hostility with the Indians of Canada towards arriving new settlers, unlike what took place south of the border.
It was not that the Huron, Cree, Blood or other tribes were more docile than their southern neighbors, but it was because they had something their counterparts did not.

It is stated that the American Indians sold Manhattan Island for beads, but the Canadian Indians sold theirs for a piece of paper!

This piece of paper upheld within Canada by Britain, was a legal document to the land.

It is called: The Royal Proclamation of 1763

• This document proclaimed that newcomers could not settle the land until the Crown had acquired it from the First Nations who occupied the territories

In Canada it has become a “feared document” in our legal system, giving control of territory back to the First Nations, inhibiting oil exploration, mining, settlement, without first negotiations involving them.

Proof of archaeological artifacts found have now enabled claims to “Traditional Territories”.

Just this last year vast amounts of territory was returned to First Nations by our court system, with many more claims in the works.

This has created a Government concerned with appeasement towards First Nation’s issues and requests.

These claims have taken precedent over Crown Land, Leased Land, Private Property and “Treasure Trove Licenses”.

My personal property was affected when I tried to apply for a building permit for an addition I had added to my car port.
I was refused and was quoted: “Also, upon conducting a zoning check it was noticed that your property has a known archaeological site. This means prior to issuance of a building permit Archaeological Branch of BC approval is required. I recommend contacting the branch at 250-953-3334 to see how to proceed next.”

This Archaeological Restriction pertained to a 1980 survey conducted by the University of BC to have an Archaeologist map out the lakes of BC and predict where native Indians may have camped.
It was presumed by the slope of my property to the lake that this would have been a likely spot for Indians to have once camped and built a “cache” (a type of root cellar to store fish, game, or tools).

This proclamation prevents me from digging, metal detecting or building within a 50 foot radius from that spot on my property.

Once claimed the responsibility and cost falls on me to disprove.

Oak Island with its proximity to the coast would have been a haven for deer and game trying to avoid predators to have swum to.

It could be presumed on Oak Island that Indians would have built camps to have easy access to this game

If it is true that the Lagina brothers have found native artifacts proving “Traditional Native Grounds and Archaeology History” then legal restrictions may follow.

It is “Ironic” that my theory states that the Oak Island Money Pit was started and built in 1762 by men who wished to succeed from the tyranny of King George III, the same king (Crazy George) who issued the Royal Proclamation of 1763.

The man who may now be responsible for this treasure never being found!

King-george-iii.jpg

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Last Great Indian Battle...2017...Oak Island, Nova Scotia

View attachment 1519019

With the “rumor” of what may be First Nation’s or historical artifacts discovered on Oak Island, could a battle over archaeological rights be arising between The First Nations, the Government of Canada and the new American Settlers (Lagina Brothers)?

Canadian First Nations are quite different from other North American Indians.

There was little hostility with the Indians of Canada towards arriving new settlers, unlike what took place south of the border.
It was not that the Huron, Cree, Blood or other tribes were more docile than their southern neighbors, but it was because they had something their counterparts did not.

It is stated that the American Indians sold Manhattan Island for beads, but the Canadian Indians sold theirs for a piece of paper!

This piece of paper upheld within Canada by Britain, was a legal document to the land.

It is called: The Royal Proclamation of 1763

• This document proclaimed that newcomers could not settle the land until the Crown had acquired it from the First Nations who occupied the territories

In Canada it has become a “feared document” in our legal system, giving control of territory back to the First Nations, inhibiting oil exploration, mining, settlement, without first negotiations involving them.

Proof of archaeological artifacts found have now enabled claims to “Traditional Territories”.

Just this last year vast amounts of territory was returned to First Nations by our court system, with many more claims in the works.

This has created a Government concerned with appeasement towards First Nation’s issues and requests.

These claims have taken precedent over Crown Land, Leased Land, Private Property and “Treasure Trove Licenses”.

My personal property was affected when I tried to apply for a building permit for an addition I had added to my car port.
I was refused and was quoted: “Also, upon conducting a zoning check it was noticed that your property has a known archaeological site. This means prior to issuance of a building permit Archaeological Branch of BC approval is required. I recommend contacting the branch at 250-953-3334 to see how to proceed next.”

This Archaeological Restriction pertained to a 1980 survey conducted by the University of BC to have an Archaeologist map out the lakes of BC and predict where native Indians may have camped.
It was presumed by the slope of my property to the lake that this would have been a likely spot for Indians to have once camped and built a “cache” (a type of root cellar to store fish, game, or tools).

This proclamation prevents me from digging, metal detecting or building within a 50 foot radius from that spot on my property.

Once claimed the responsibility and cost falls on me to disprove.

Oak Island with its proximity to the coast would have been a haven for deer and game trying to avoid predators to have swum to.

It could be presumed on Oak Island that Indians would have built camps to have easy access to this game

If it is true that the Lagina brothers have found native artifacts proving “Traditional Native Grounds and Archaeology History” then legal restrictions may follow.

It is “Ironic” that my theory states that the Oak Island Money Pit was started and built in 1762 by men who wished to succeed from the tyranny of King George III, the same king (Crazy George) who issued the Royal Proclamation of 1763.

The man who may now be responsible for this treasure never being found!

View attachment 1519020

Of course no “money pit” has ever existed...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very angry.

So all of the sudden, the archeological community sticks their nose into the search. What BS! All they really want is to disrupt and or stop them because of pure hatred and jealousy. If they are SO concerned, then THEY need to fund the treasure hunt. In my area, MANY of old amusement parks and ball fields were turned into industrial parks and parking lots WITHOUT any concern for archeological preservation. None.

The developers probably weren't so stupid (or greedy) as to stretch a five season TV series out of it.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Wait let me get this straight. This place has been dug up, multiple times, devastated with heavy equipment, for how many years, and now they have concerns?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alittle late in the game to be concerned about Archaeological finds and there would be nothing to find if it hadn't been for searchers all these years anyway..Someone would have eventually bought the island and put a house or development on it and nothing would have ever been found or thought of...

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alittle late in the game to be concerned about Archaeological finds and there would be nothing to find if it hadn't been for searchers all these years anyway..Someone would have eventually bought the island and put a house or development on it and nothing would have ever been found or thought of...

... but then, how many finds were destroyed by 200+ years of searchers bulldozing, digging and dynamiting all in the name of some treasure that probably isn't there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread