Oak Island Factual (proven/documented) Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with the BEALE PAPERS, the total lack of outside collaborating evidence is proof that claimed events did not occur.
"There is nothing more deceptive than obvious fact"-Sherlock Holmes/ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

But there is collaborating evidence. Both the Ball family and the Mcginis family said they found treasure.. Was found before the camera was invented so no pics!!! There is NO WAY TO DISPUTE THAT whether it is true or not..

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But there is collaborating evidence. Both the Ball family and the Mcginis family said they found treasure.. Was found before the camera was invented so no pics!!! There is NO WAY TO DISPUTE THAT whether it is true or not..

This thread is about empirical, factual evidence supporting the claims that something of significance existed or exists on oak island (now commonly referred to as "hoax island"), not whether or not the masses should just accept the hoax as true regardless of evidence.

n2mini, Please post your evidence...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some true facts for you....the Templars existed, the Atlantic Ocean is real, Oak Island exist and it sits on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Gee, I can't believe people are doubting these conclusive directly connecting evidences. :laughing7: AND, coconuts are real! So there.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the family's word. You only have that no one else has come forward to claim they found it.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever someone tells you that their family wealth or a family members wealth came from treasure and they have no way to confirm that, well then, I once found the Lost Ship In The Mojave but put it back.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever someone tells you that their family wealth or a family members wealth came from treasure and they have no way to confirm that, well then, I once found the Lost Ship In The Mojave but put it back.

and I can't prove you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but don't care so I'm not going to B*&^% and moan about it either...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the family's word. You only have that no one else has come forward to claim they found it.

You stated "before the camera was invented", so there are NO photos, did the family provide you an inventory list, or is just that one member of these families told to this tale?, and you accepted it as lore and are now posting it as fact.
This is an example on how treasure "legends" grow.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your taking my quote from where I was answering someone else and twisting it around. I was telling singlestack wonder that he has no proof of it being a hoax. I atleast have 2 families and maybe 2 others if they could be contacted, that claim their was a treasure found. Not much but better then his evidence of just saying it's all a hoax... I never said I could prove they are telling the truth.. just as NO ONE can prove they are lying....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I know a guy who found an old coin in a field."
"I heard about a guy who found a gold coin in a field."
"I have a friend who knew a guy who found buried treasure in a field."
"I know a guy who heard about a guy who found a huge treasure chest in a filed."
"I know it's a fact because I spoke with the guy who knew all about the treasure chest that was found in that field."

It's called "he-said-she-said." Treasure tales are absolutely choked full of this human induced growth hormone.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I believe in the OI story? Not really but I can believe that the 3 men did find something and Sam as well as they all seemed to do pretty good for themselves after being on OI.

Is something still there? NO

Was anything ever buried down past 10 - 20 feet? NO
It is a real shame that the brothers have never investigated the sisters story more.. There are meant to be some other remaining treasure including some gold coins

here is an interesting article about it https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...s-the-story-of-an-oak-island-familys-treasure

BUT as others have said there is ZERO evidence of anything ever being buried below 150+ foot and is so difficult to see how anyone ever believed there was....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"I know a guy who found an old coin in a field."
"I heard about a guy who found a gold coin in a field."
"I have a friend who knew a guy who found buried treasure in a field."
"I know a guy who heard about a guy who found a huge treasure chest in a filed."
"I know it's a fact because I spoke with the guy who knew all about the treasure chest that was found in that field."

It's called "he-said-she-said." Treasure tales are absolutely choked full of this human induced growth hormone.
Indeed they are. :thumbsup:
...and sometimes passed down family stories are not quite what they seem.
How many times on the TV show "ANTIQUE ROADSHOW" has that family heirloom been proven NOT to match the passed down family story?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For as long as I can remember folks have been trying to find investors at Oak Island, I don't recall many of the "old tales" that we're today back in those earlier days. So, where did these tales of past discoveries come from? Why did they come? Why is there absolutely no supporting evidences to these claims? Seems to me that if I were trying to entice investors I'd make damn sure to have that supporting evidence/documentation, etc. :laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For as long as I can remember folks have been trying to find investors at Oak Island, I don't recall many of the "old tales" that we're today back in those earlier days. So, where did these tales of past discoveries come from? Why did they come? Why is there absolutely no supporting evidences to these claims? Seems to me that if I were trying to entice investors I'd make damn sure to have that supporting evidence/documentation, etc. :laughing7:
Yep... I agree it is the TOTAL lack of anyone finding anything even remotely treasure related that is the most surprising thing about this legend and the on going efforts to dig up treasure...

It is not like someone planted gold coins or something. NOTHING has been found in the 100s of years of looking....

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#215 and still no one has been able to provide a single piece of factual evidence that “money pit” hole ever existed or that there was ever anything significant on hoax island....

Of course everyone knows that the “money pit” moniker came from investors who figured out that they were being milked by a fictional story...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only proof I need is the original 3 did start digging there. That to me proves there is/was a money pit by name. They didn't name it that. It was just a hole to them... Again this all happened before the camera so no way to prove that other then thru their decedents and they did that good enough for me... What proof would it take to prove it to you Singlestack Wonder?? Whether money/treasure was in the hole/money pit doesn't matter for it to have been there....

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only proof I need is the original 3 did start digging there. That to me proves there is/was a money pit by name. They didn't name it that. It was just a hole to them... Again this all happened before the camera so no way to prove that other then thru their decedents and they did that good enough for me... What proof would it take to prove it to you Singlestack Wonder?? Whether money/treasure was in the hole/money pit doesn't matter for it to have been there....

Well.....some progresss to enlightenment made.....from “actual money pit” to “money pit” by name...

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#218....still no factual evidence presented.......

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does it matter what anyone calls it. It was there. I'd imagine it wasn't named the money pit for years after the original 3 left... Is that what your asking, who and when named it the Money Pit and why?? and that is the only reason you don't believe there was atleast a hole dug there?? Regardless of how deep it went... That hole is what started all this. Without it we wouldn't be having this conversation. No show, Oak Island Thread, etc etc...

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#220....still no factual evidence....only fictional stories....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you do not believe the original 3 ever dug a hole anywhere on the island???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread