Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for one it is not far enough out in the water to do anyone any good. Even if that is low tide you can't dock more then a dingy to it...
I imagine people docked at higher tides. That photo is low tide. The top of beach itself is at least 7ft high so at high tide the end of that pier must be at least 12-14 foot of water (or deeper).

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This photo is way older then photoshop. 1945 they did not have photoshop

You believe this photo is from 1945 without photo shopping it...I have a Bridge...I mean a Pier to sell you!

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You believe this photo is from 1945 without photo shopping it...I have a Bridge...I mean a Pier to sell you!
Robot why would Robert Dunfield son lie about this. Take a look at the linked source. These photos were supplied by Dunfeild II for no gain on his part. You want to call them fake simply because... Why? I do not understand your reason for thinking this is faked. Its seem like someone built a temporary pier to get stuff on OI near the pit. Previous searchers I would guess.

The photos on site appear genuine to me.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Robot why would Robert Dunfield son lie about this. Take a look at the linked source. These photos were supplied by Dunfeild II for no gain on his part. You want to call them fake simply because... Why? I do not understand your reason for thinking this is faked. Its seem like someone built a temporary pier to get stuff on OI near the pit. Previous searchers I would guess.

The photos on site appear genuine to me.

Ouch!...Take a close look at the black shadows coming off the Pier...Not even close!

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch!...Take a close look at the black shadows coming off the Pier...Not even close!
This is a 1945 ariel photo. The detail is poor. I simply do not understand what you think would be gained by Dunfeilds son faking this. Believe what you wish but I can seen no reason why anyone should think this is faked. It just makes zero sense....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for one it is not far enough out in the water to do anyone any good. Even if that is low tide you can't dock more then a dingy to it...
Here is a pic of a small Yatch at anchor in Smith cove from the 1930's. As can also be seen this is no where near high tide.

OI_-_1931a.jpg

Source: Excavations | Oak Island Treasure

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Which Century was this Pier Built?
Robot what is your problem.. I have now shown you 2 different sources of photos of that pier. You simply will not believe it because it does not fit with you speculations... That photo is sourced on the link I supplied with it.... If you refuse to believe actual factual, documented data then that is your choice... You should change you signature "The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive." because it appears you are not interested in truth.....

edit: In answer to your question it must of been built in the early 1930s in that it is not there in the yatch photo and the other photo is of digging in the 1930s. Therefore I would guess that treasure search effort was the one that built it to get their equipment on to the dig site as no road existed at the time.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is also interesting about the last photo (It is poor resolution) is that the swamp does not look very swampy....

edit: I take that back if you zoom in on it the swamp is pretty visible

swamp.jpg

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zoomed in image of pier (click to see full size)

pier.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Robot what is your problem.. I have now shown you 2 different sources of photos of that pier. You simply will not believe it because it does not fit with you speculations... That photo is sourced on the link I supplied with it.... If you refuse to believe actual factual, documented data then that is your choice... You should change you signature "The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive." because it appears you are not interested in truth.....

edit: In answer to your question it must of been built in the early 1930s in that it is not there in the yatch photo and the other photo is of digging in the 1930s. Therefore I would guess that treasure search effort was the one that built it to get their equipment on to the dig site as no road existed at the time.

My "Problem" came as I was under the impression that this "Pier" was somehow connected to the Construction of the Oak Island Treasure.

In "Reality" it was built in the "20th Century" along with "Fred Nolan's Pier" and the "Connecting Causeway".

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My "Problem" came as I was under the impression that this "Pier" was somehow connected to the Construction of the Oak Island Treasure.
No one ever said that. So I suggest you read posts before disagreeing with them.. ie the photo that was show originally was 1945.....

As you were well aware of when making your comments....

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
True.. But as shown by this picture with the pier built here at Smith Cove so ships could dock. There was a need to have the ships not come in to close. The Coffer Dam could of been serving a similar purpose to allow ships to get close enough to Smith Cove at a heigh tide...

View attachment 1551597

So we have established that this dock had nothing to do with the Oak Island Treasure, as it was part of a 20th Century construction?

It has been stated that the Canadian Government Marine Survey Records show that the ocean's highest level occurring at Smith Cove is today at high tide.

That is, for the past Centuries, the ocean has been rising roughly 60 feet per Century.

This would mean that when I believe this Coffer Dam was constructed in the Mid 18th Century, the ocean would have been on other side of it and it was used for a totally different reason, then what has been expressed.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we have established that this dock had nothing to do with the Oak Island Treasure, as it was part of a 20th Century construction?

It has been stated that the Canadian Government Marine Survey Records show that the ocean's highest level occurring at Smith Cove is today at high tide.

That is, for the past Centuries, the ocean has been rising roughly 60 feet per Century.

This would mean that when I believe this Coffer Dam was constructed in the Mid 18th Century, the ocean would have been on other side of it and it was used for a totally different reason, then what has been expressed.
Is that your way of offering an apology.... What are you now claiming that the coffer dam was not a dam at all and the ocean did not go that high. Please Robot offer some evidence for these claims.. So every other writer/historian about Oak Island is wrong... No one else has ever clicked that the ocean is 180 foot lower then it was 300 hundred years ago. Not one treasure searcher in OI history has noticed the 180 foot rise in ocean level. The entire Mahone Bay was actually land and not ocean 200 years ago... Not a single map or drawing has showed any change in the seas level over the history of the search...

Please Robot offer some evidence for these extreme claims

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.Steele in her book also claims the ocean was lower back then (Nothing as extreme as your claim)

evidene of sea rise.jpg

So if she is correct it is possible the coffer dam was out of the water for much of the time. But I have read others who dispute this sea level change and point to lack of any corroborating evidence. There is also the point being why would there be a beach if the Sea was not getting that high. I suppose it fits with the man made beach for fish drying. It also means if true the whole flood tunnel claim is ludicrous as the water would not have gotten to the top of the beach.

I would recommend her book for any interested in the history of oak Island it only costs $10 https://www.amazon.com/Oak-Island-Mystery-Solved-ebook/dp/B00Y3BGVDM

There is a lot of her claims I find a dubious but she does make a strong case for OI being used as a temporary base for the making of naval Stores.. This is the most plausible coherent theory I have come across to explain the large scale human activity on OI that evidence has been found for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thread is now six pages long and zero posts have contained actual evidence of any part of the oak island hoax being true. There have been attempted rationalizations and more fairy tales, but no empirical evidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread