Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
An Explanation...Not An Apology!

Is that your way of offering an apology.... What are you now claiming that the coffer dam was not a dam at all and the ocean did not go that high. Please Robot offer some evidence for these claims.. So every other writer/historian about Oak Island is wrong... No one else has ever clicked that the ocean is 180 foot lower then it was 300 hundred years ago. Not one treasure searcher in OI history has noticed the 180 foot rise in ocean level. The entire Mahone Bay was actually land and not ocean 200 years ago... Not a single map or drawing has showed any change in the seas level over the history of the search...

Please Robot offer some evidence for these extreme claims

Maybe for "Breaking Forum Rules" by offering to sell you something!

I do believe that the picture originally shown was "Misleading" with having been "Superimposed"!

Here is a video which explains both the Swamp and the Ocean Rising.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
J.Steele in her book also claims the ocean was lower back then (Nothing as extreme as your claim)

View attachment 1551991

So if she is correct it is possible the coffer dam was out of the water for much of the time. But I have read others who dispute this sea level change and point to lack of any corroborating evidence. There is also the point being why would there be a beach if the Sea was not getting that high. I suppose it fits with the man made beach for fish drying. It also means if true the whole flood tunnel claim is ludicrous as the water would not have gotten to the top of the beach.

I would recommend her book for any interested in the history of oak Island it only costs $10 https://www.amazon.com/Oak-Island-Mystery-Solved-ebook/dp/B00Y3BGVDM

There is a lot of her claims I find a dubious but she does make a strong case for OI being used as a temporary base for the making of naval Stores.. This is the most plausible coherent theory I have come across to explain the large scale human activity on OI that evidence has been found for.

WE are not saying 60 feet in height as her diagram shows, we are saying the shoreline has risen 60 feet due to the ocean rising.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zoomed in image of pier (click to see full size)

View attachment 1551938

That is not typical tree shadows?? What's up with that.. If that is high tide no way for a boat of any size to dock at low tide, if that is low tide then either high tide goes over the dock or that is the smallest difference between high tide and low tide I've ever seen...

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe for "Breaking Forum Rules" by offering to sell you something!

I do believe that the picture originally shown was "Misleading" with having been "Superimposed"!

Here is a video which explains both the Swamp and the Ocean Rising.

Oh my gosh.....yet the next cockamamie fairy tale......how many are there now, maybe 1000’s?

When other fairy tales about the island are shot down, new ones continue to pop up....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WE are not saying 60 feet in height as her diagram shows, we are saying the shoreline has risen 60 feet due to the ocean rising.
So you are saying that the shoreline was 60 feet per 100 years further out than it is today?... And no one in the last 200/300 years has noticed this change of the shore line being 180 ft further out. No one elsewhere in Canada has noticed this change in their shoreline either. Robot offer some evidence for these outrageous claims or stop making them...

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not typical tree shadows?? What's up with that.. If that is high tide no way for a boat of any size to dock at low tide, if that is low tide then either high tide goes over the dock or that is the smallest difference between high tide and low tide I've ever seen...
High tide is the top of the beach(or near that). Sorry n2mini what is the point you are trying to make?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pier looks to be only slightly above the water currently and if the tide still needs to raise a decent amount it would be about over the top of the pier...Some seem to think that is/was this big pier that docked big fishing boats and I just don't see how. Looks more to be for small ( up to 15 feet or so )boats. Not a big fishing vessel... Was probably built ( assuming it is not photo shopped as some believe ) just to have a place to dock a small boat to use to get back to the mainland with as that was the only way to get there...
I still think the tree shadows in the water don't look right. The pic actually looks like there is a pier in the middle of the forest, which I think might be why some think it is photo shopped.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pier looks to be only slightly above the water currently and if the tide still needs to raise a decent amount it would be about over the top of the pier...Some seem to think that is/was this big pier that docked big fishing boats and I just don't see how. Looks more to be for small ( up to 15 feet or so )boats. Not a big fishing vessel... Was probably built ( assuming it is not photo shopped as some believe ) just to have a place to dock a small boat to use to get back to the mainland with as that was the only way to get there...
I still think the tree shadows in the water don't look right. The pic actually looks like there is a pier in the middle of the forest, which I think might be why some think it is photo shopped.
i don't think anyone is claiming that photo is photoshoped. I believe if you look closely at the zoom imaged (poor quality) the pier may actually be a floating pier that goes up and down with the tide rather then a fixed pier. Ie it seems to be sitting on logs not stilts. It is hard to tell. The pier is over 100ft long as shown from the earlier photo. Obviously it was as heigh as Chappell needed to get his equipment on the island

The tree reflection probably is just a reflection from where the sun is and the photo was taken from (it must be from a plane).

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your probably correct on the pier. Might have been in a different thread ( they all seem to run together on here with same topics being talked about after a page or two ) where someone thought it was photo shopped, while someone else was claiming it to be a much bigger pier used for big fishing boats.. Either way the pier itself have nothing to do with the Treasure Hunt other then maybe being used to and from the island with food and equipment..

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trees in the photo out by the dock are reflections from inside the airplane window . The camera wasn't up against the glass . The photo is from the 1930's so it's probably a single reflex camera

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God's Treasures to mankind is on Oak Island if only Fred Noland would allow some important people on his properties.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please take Note:

it is against Forum Rules to Post Private Messages For all to see.

It is Also against the Rules To tell someone They cannot Join in Conversations Here.

Only Moderators have these Privileges.

#1. Do Not Post Private Messages !

#2 "Robot" , Do NOT PM other members and Threaten them
or Tell them to Stay Out ! You are NOT A Moderator !

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God's Treasures to mankind is on Oak Island if only Fred Noland would allow some important people on his properties.

The laginas were granted full access by Fred's son. Instead of taking him up on the opportunity to drill more holes down to the existing underground waterways, the laginas chose to go in search of civil war gold.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he is dead to whom did the property shift ownership to and when?

Fred Nolan passed away last year. It was announced on the show. His son now owns the land (at least according to the show).

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If he is dead to whom did the property shift ownership to and when?
Yep his son but before he died he let all the crew form the show dig there and look around.
Now Rick L.and him are teaming up .
Gary

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep his son but before he died he let all the crew form the show dig there and look around.
Now Rick L.and him are teaming up .
Gary

So Fred Nolan's son is going in with the brothers? Are they going to drain the swamp and bring Petter back on the show? That is the only way they are going to find any treasure on Oak Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread