Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TV. TV morons. Don't pay any attention to that stuff. "Things" do not have spirits so can't have control over anything.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zero point zero on the credibility scale.

If someone had that much information and connectivity with some Divine Plan or karma, they ought to be knowing what was buried and how deep.

Makes a good story, though.

The Brothers have to stop buying lunch for any crackpot that shows up with a good tale. But I guess that's what makes a good legend. Interesting bar-room retelling (to get someone to buy you drinks).

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could the "Curse of 7 must Die" be attributed to the 7 Freemason Conspirators?

The Curse of Oak Island...Season 5.jpg

Could these seven Freemason Conspirators
Washington Shirley; George Anson; George Keppel; Augustus Keppel; William Keppel; George Pocock; and Benjamin Franklin;...through their "Greed for Gold"brought on "The Curse of Oak Island that Seven Must Die Before the Treasure will be Released"?

This may be confirmed by an old Pirate's Folk Song sung amongs't the Seafarers of Nova Scotia.

It goes something like this:

Seven men on Oak Island be...

brought their gold with all it's greed.

Seven men on a dead man's chest...

six are gone with one to rest.

Then this Treasure will be free...

from its curse cast'd by the sea.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum...

shiver me timbers for what's to come.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A folk song typically represents something from long ago, how do they know that the 7th person hasn't been killed yet??

I mean they keep finding old bones and stuff........aren't those people already dead??

The only Curse about Oak Island, is the curse of seeing threads about that stupid show. :laughing7:

It's like a train wreck........you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself. :tongue3:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A production person died a couple of years ago while filming was going on, i.e. the 7th, and this year Tester’s son died, making a total of eight, yet no “treasure” presented itself to be found.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1546045

Could these seven Freemason Conspirators
Washington Shirley; George Anson; George Keppel; Augustus Keppel; William Keppel; George Pocock; and Benjamin Franklin;...through their "Greed for Gold"brought on "The Curse of Oak Island that Seven Must Die Before the Treasure will be Released"?

This may be confirmed by an old Pirate's Folk Song sung amongs't the Seafarers of Nova Scotia.

It goes something like this:

Seven men on Oak Island be...

brought their gold with all it's greed.

Seven men on a dead man's chest...

six are gone with one to rest.

Then this Treasure will be free...

from its curse cast'd by the sea.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum...

shiver me timbers for what's to come.

Uh....no, yet another made up fairy tale....

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone explain to me where the Curse/Legend about 7 must die before the treasure can be found came from??? They dont know who buried it or when but there is suddenly a curse?? Says who besides TV??
Here is a good article about the legend https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/seven-must-die-or-must-they

In summary they say
Although we can’t yet tell you the origins of the Seven Must Die curse, we can tell you that it has never been an intrinsic element of the telling of the Legend of Oak Island. This leads us to think that it may be something that is relatively new and, either totally made-up or the result of a misinterpretation of local folklore.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The only "Made of Yarn" that might come from Oak Island...Is This!

Uh....no, yet another made of yarn....

Yarn - Coconut Fibre.JPG

Yarn is a long continuous length of interlockedfibers, suitable for use in the production of textiles, sewing, crocheting,knitting, weaving, embroidery, or rope making.

Some fibers are quite strong and rough like coir which comes from the coconut husk.

If one was to "Spin a Yarn" on Oak Island they could possibly use this!

"Spin a Yarn"
phrase of spin
tell a long, far-fetched story.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1546212

Yarn is a long continuous length of interlockedfibers, suitable for use in the production of textiles, sewing, crocheting,knitting, weaving, embroidery, or rope making.

Some fibers are quite strong and rough like coir which comes from the coconut husk.

If one was to "Spin a Yarn" on Oak Island they could possibly use this!

"Spin a Yarn"
phrase of spin
tell a long, far-fetched story.

Ok...if the “factual story” you posted is true, with the 7th and 8th person dying looking for the treasure, why hasn’t the treasure been found?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds a lot like the song "Yo-Ho-Ho" (aka "15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest") that was a poem by Robert Lewis Stevenson (and no older than 1901 when it was set to music for a musical by Allison and Waller).

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds a lot like the song "Yo-Ho-Ho" (aka "15 Men on a Dead Man's Chest") that was a poem by Robert Lewis Stevenson (and no older than 1901 when it was set to music for a musical by Allison and Waller).

Are you saying...Robert Lewis Stevenson...Plagiarized this Song?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you saying...Robert Lewis Stevenson...Plagiarized this Song?

Almost certainly.

Maybe he was a Templar/Freemason and heard the tale of the seven who vanished mysteriously after they set out in a sailboat made of granite with a hold full of gold.

"Rub-a-dub-dub. Seven men went a glub."

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'
The “Blockhouse Blog”.....supporters of the hoax trying to remain relevant......
I have found their articles to be very good. They seem to base them on research and documentation. They have disputed many of the claims made by Laginas. ie the claim that seven must die as in the above article. They say it is not supported by evidence.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was Probably invented to up Viewer numbers.

If a show started out with the announcement A train will Wreck Before the end of the Show.
Viewing Numbers will increase. even if the show is about Mars

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found their articles to be very good. They seem to base them on research and documentation. They have disputed many of the claims made by Laginas. ie the claim that seven must die as in the above article. They say it is not supported by evidence.

Are any of the templar treasure/bacon burial site/works of shakespeare/aztec treasure/blackbeard treasure/fill in the blank/etc. treasure claims about oak island supported by actual evidence?........No

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are any of the templar treasure/bacon burial site/works of shakespeare/aztec treasure/blackbeard treasure/fill in the blank/etc. treasure claims about oak island supported by actual evidence?........No
As many of the articles on their site say. I find the legend and the stories that go with Oak Island interesting even if I no longer believe there is any treasure there. That blog/website contains a lot of history of the search. I do not think it claims a treasure still exists on Oak Island (not that I remember reading). But the authors of that site have done an excellent job of documenting much of the history of the island is my view. They certainly present a much more balanced view the Laginas do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread