All Treasure Hunting

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Could it be another templar cross in Canada ?

99413A70-F134-44E6-AA24-E77ABDBD276C.jpeg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Lets see where to start.The show drags it sucks i dont watch it lol.With that said I'll say the templars were here in New England.A knights templar bronze shield was found off the coast of Maine i think in the mid 50s.It had 400 some odd years of marine growth
on it native to the atlantic.A templar shield similar to it was at an auction in london.This is in a book I have in storage.In Westford Ma. there is an engraving in bedrock(with armorers punches)of a fully dressed and armored templar knight. https://www.google.com/search?clien....psy-ab..25.13.2000.0..0i67k1.296._X6JXuxNc7g The slash across the knights sword(in the engraving) means the knight is dead.The family crest on the shield is the crest of the Gunn family.They were here,as the celts were here(a celt bronze dagger found in a native american shell mound.)People knew the Americas excisted.They fished off the Grand Banks for cod,this country wasnt the big discovery you were taught in school:laughing7:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
There is absolute proof of Templars in Scotland which is a hell of a lot closer to Nova Scotia than Easter Island.

And there is absolute proof of the Norse in L'anse aux Meadows, which is a hell of a closer to Nova Scotia than Scotland. Yet here we are, still talking about what Templars might have done, with a little evidence that they did it, and some evidence that they could not have done it.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
There is some evidence that they grew on the Pacific side of Panama somewhat earlier, but as the Panama Canal didn't yet exist I don't think they would have floated from there.

I don't think anyone is going to argue that Asian coconuts floated around South America and up to Canada...at least, I won't. But I wouldn't argue that they floated over from the Middle East either. Wherever the fibers came from, they probably got there with the assistance of humans.

Might those same humans have transported them across Panama? It's not far as the crow flies. We built the canal where we did for a reason. I'm not sure that's what happened either, but I am very, very interested in what the DNA in those Canadian coconut fibers could rule out.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
And you still haven't answered my question, how did in 1560AD, the mason who built Rosslyn Chapel get the idea's for some of the carvings within the Chapel, such as maze, but we call it corn, not to mention a few other region specific carvings...That was only in North America, no were else.

By 1560, maize was growing in Europe.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Not Central America, Panama, and they very well could have self seeded there.

Isn't Panama generally considered to be in Central America? Perhaps I don't understand what you mean here.

Could they have self seeded there? It's possible. In fact, the more that I dig into the coconut problem, the more l learn about how much we don't know about their origins. It's extremely frustrating. At least everyone (most everyone, anyway) seems to agree that there are two distinct strains and that they grow by the ocean. Other than that, it's a mess. However, even if we write off the coconuts, we're still left with sweet potatoes crossing the Pacific no later than ~1000 AD, and possibly earlier. Those likely didn't float their way there, so someone made that journey.

I'm sorry Dave, but as a sailor I would have to say that any vessel that could safely cross the Bay of Biscay, sail up and down the Atlantic Coast around the Iberian Peninsula and the length of the Mediterranean would be fully capable of crossing the North Atlantic. Weather watching and water stops being necessary for either Norse or Templar vessels.
Cheers, Loki

Hey, with a bit of luck and the right weather, one could conceivably do it on an inner tube. I just wouldn't want to be the one picked for the job, and I certainly wouldn't try it with something valuable if there were any other options for securing said valuable.

You're closer to the problem than I am and have a better understanding of it, and I'm feeling too lazy to research the facts myself, but we ought to run this one down anyway just to tick the box off if nothing else: I know that hurricane season in the Atlantic is late summer and fall, and I know that the winters can make for some miserable storms as well in the north Atlantic. I also know that the Norse only sailed at certain times of the year and I think that they wrote that down in the Sagas, but I don't remember when or which and I can't be arsed to dig it up - but you very well may have done so already. What's the "safe" time of year to cross the Atlantic, and does this coincide with the alleged Templar journey? As a former sailor myself I'm ashamed to not know this, but I did all of my seafaring from the west coast and the furthest that I ever got to the Atlantic was the Persian Gulf.

This won't prove anything either way, but I'm curious.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Not to change the subject, but I love Watkins Glen. I used to go to the Grand Prixs there and raced my own car there one year. Walked the Glen several times and stayed and drank at Seneca Lodge quite often. Beautiful area.

A number of family members and friends hit the Glen every Labor Day weekend for racing, camping and general debauchery. This year will be my first one. I'm looking forward to it.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Isn't Panama generally considered to be in Central America? Perhaps I don't understand what you mean here.

Could they have self seeded there? It's possible. In fact, the more that I dig into the coconut problem, the more l learn about how much we don't know about their origins. It's extremely frustrating. At least everyone (most everyone, anyway) seems to agree that there are two distinct strains and that they grow by the ocean. Other than that, it's a mess. However, even if we write off the coconuts, we're still left with sweet potatoes crossing the Pacific no later than ~1000 AD, and possibly earlier. Those likely didn't float their way there, so someone made that journey.

Hey, with a bit of luck and the right weather, one could conceivably do it on an inner tube. I just wouldn't want to be the one picked for the job, and I certainly wouldn't try it with something valuable if there were any other options for securing said valuable.

You're closer to the problem than I am and have a better understanding of it, and I'm feeling too lazy to research the facts myself, but we ought to run this one down anyway just to tick the box off if nothing else: I know that hurricane season in the Atlantic is late summer and fall, and I know that the winters can make for some miserable storms as well in the north Atlantic. I also know that the Norse only sailed at certain times of the year and I think that they wrote that down in the Sagas, but I don't remember when or which and I can't be arsed to dig it up - but you very well may have done so already. What's the "safe" time of year to cross the Atlantic, and does this coincide with the alleged Templar journey? As a former sailor myself I'm ashamed to not know this, but I did all of my seafaring from the west coast and the furthest that I ever got to the Atlantic was the Persian Gulf.

This won't prove anything either way, but I'm curious.

I have always premised leaving as winter broke in April. I do know that a trip I followed closely by the Viking ship replica Draken Harald Harfagre left Norway in April 2016 and arrived in Newfoundland in June with extended stops along the way. They picked up a friend of mine in Quebec City and made Lake Huron and Bay City for the Tall Ships Festival there in mid July.

Cheers, L.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A number of family members and friends hit the Glen every Labor Day weekend for racing, camping and general debauchery. This year will be my first one. I'm looking forward to it.

A lot of "debauchery" there on race weekends. During the Grand Prixs the fans used to burn cars at night in what was called the Bog. Once they burned a bus and I think that ended it. I raced SCCA there one time (its not in my racing area), but never made a Nascar race at the Glen, maybe this year.

Cheers, L.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
OVERTON.png
I have said it before that the "Circle with the Cross" is a Native American symbol for the "Earth" with a "Templar" twist and the points at the end of each extension of the cross represents the 4 primary directions North, South, East and West. The Tobacco leafs and Feather is a representation of "gifts" from God or Deity. The Waxing moon represents distance (3-4 days) as the "crow" fly's. Direction...NE...At the end of that journey you will find another symbol of a gift from a God or Deity from a "Norse" belief.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
I have always premised leaving as winter broke in April. I do know that a trip I followed closely by the Viking ship replica Draken Harald Harfagre left Norway in April 2016 and arrived in Newfoundland in June with extended stops along the way. They picked up a friend of mine in Quebec City and made Lake Huron and Bay City for the Tall Ships Festival there in mid July.

I'd guess that April through June would be pretty safe - you're done before hurricane season that way. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall that pretty much every saga that deals with voyages has the seafarers staying on land for the winter. My memory is spotty, but I believe that even outlaws were allowed to remain where they were until after the winter, so I'm guessing that the winters up there can be pretty bad.

As for dates quick look turns up October 1307 as when the arrests began, with the Pope calling for more arrests and seizures a month later. I'm not sure that an April departure would work under these circumstances. Of course, this brings up some very interesting possibilities.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much of the "claimed facts" that are being presented in support of the Templar theory are, "Selective evidences"......per example; "Until now, the Origins of Coconut Palm is the subject of debate. This is because fossil coconuts have been found as far apart as India and New Zealand. Some authorities say that the Coconut Palm first came from the Southeast Asian peninsula, while others claim that its origin is in northwestern South America." Here again, the truth is that the exact origin of the coconut isn't know. Just another one of those complete unknowns falsely pretending to be a known. :laughing7:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Much of the "claimed facts" that are being presented in support of the Templar theory are, "Selective evidences"......per example; "Until now, the Origins of Coconut Palm is the subject of debate. This is because fossil coconuts have been found as far apart as India and New Zealand. Some authorities say that the Coconut Palm first came from the Southeast Asian peninsula, while others claim that its origin is in northwestern South America." Here again, the truth is that the exact origin of the coconut isn't know. Just another one of those complete unknowns falsely pretending to be a known. :laughing7:

Not true, the origin of the coconut has been pretty well established! There have been several accepted maps posted on this thread.

Cheers, L.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd guess that April through June would be pretty safe - you're done before hurricane season that way. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall that pretty much every saga that deals with voyages has the seafarers staying on land for the winter. My memory is spotty, but I believe that even outlaws were allowed to remain where they were until after the winter, so I'm guessing that the winters up there can be pretty bad.

As for dates quick look turns up October 1307 as when the arrests began, with the Pope calling for more arrests and seizures a month later. I'm not sure that an April departure would work under these circumstances. Of course, this brings up some very interesting possibilities.

I have always premised a winter of 1307-1308 stay at Ardchattan Priory for the few vessels that made the trip. It was claimed in one document that the Order knew of the coming trouble (arrests).
Yes, October 13th was the day set, but King Philip's sealed orders were sent out a full month earlier for the arrest of only the Templars in France. You are also correct in that the Pope from his headquarters in Poiters called for the arrest of all Templars in Europe in November.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not true, the origin of the coconut has been pretty well established! There have been several accepted maps posted on this thread.

Cheers, L.

"It's origin is still being debated, just as with Oak Island, without conclusive confirmation." Don't deny fact, embrace it. That's the only avenue to truth. :icon_thumleft:

i.e., if one is to conclude that the coconut fiber found on Oak Island is relevant to the Templars then one must also conclude that they were in South America as well and that their "alleged" treasure must be there as well. So again, that coconut fiber has absolutely zero relevance to the Templars ever being on Oak Island.

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If Eldo does accept the invitation, any other members care to join to help excavate the templar vault?

Count me in! I am not that far away.
I use to go ski in Smuggler's Notch in Vermont.
I will bring my mountain bike and hit some trails if we don't find any treasure.
Sounds like a good weekend!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't hold your breath waiting on ELDO's reply.

Are you serious?
I have contacted Geraldo, Scott W and Josh Gates and am working on a LIVE TV reveal....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread