gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iā€™m obviously going out on a limb here, as there will be some people who just ā€˜knowā€™ what Iā€™m suggesting isnā€™t so, but it could be that the roadway is not only original to the undertaking but also a clue to the overall intent.

I suggest that the roadway runs at 30 degrees south of the magnetic compass east-west bearing operating at the time, that is, it bears at az. 107 degrees. The angle of magnetic variation would be that angle represented by two-fifths the tangent of 30 degrees - that is, 13 degrees. The clue to this was left in the form of the tilt of the Welling Triangle (one-fifth the tangent) and in the angle of the Pirate Stones Triangle (three-fifths the tangent).

Taking the nature and the placing of all the ground markers as clues enables a potential original ground plan to be revealed, and the Money Pit is clearly not the focal point of the operation.

OIFrame.jpg

In this reconstruction, the unit of measure throughout is the British rod of 16.5 feet (each of 25 links). The line following the roadway is 250 rods, and the distance between the Money Pit and the Sump Hole at Smithā€™s Cove is 30 rods. All the angles bear on 30 degrees.

Go ahead, trash it or ignore it - thatā€™s what Dan Blankenship and David Tobias did, Fred Nolan simply refused to look, and itā€™s one reason why Rick and Marty are off chasing Templars! Solving the mystery depends much on the frame of mind of the owners, and the brothers seem to be losing their way.

The originator went to a great deal of trouble to leave clues for someone to follow and thereby expose the intent of the enterprise. Instead of using these clues and aids to discovery, the owners tend to move and destroy them, or choose to ignore them.

It just goes to show that if we donā€™t like the look of a potential truth then we simply blank it out. We certainly wouldn't want to test it!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Interesting!

Iā€™m obviously going out on a limb here, as there will be some people who just ā€˜knowā€™ what Iā€™m suggesting isnā€™t so, but it could be that the roadway is not only original to the undertaking but also a clue to the overall intent.

I suggest that the roadway runs at 30 degrees south of the magnetic compass east-west bearing operating at the time, that is, it bears at az. 107 degrees. The angle of magnetic variation would be that angle represented by two-fifths the tangent of 30 degrees - that is, 13 degrees. The clue to this was left in the form of the tilt of the Welling Triangle (one-fifth the tangent) and in the angle of the Pirate Stones Triangle (three-fifths the tangent).

Taking the nature and the placing of all the ground markers as clues enables a potential original ground plan to be revealed, and the Money Pit is clearly not the focal point of the operation.

View attachment 1552483

In this reconstruction, the unit of measure throughout is the British rod of 16.5 feet (each of 25 links). The line following the roadway is 250 rods, and the distance between the Money Pit and the Sump Hole at Smithā€™s Cove is 30 rods. All the angles bear on 30 degrees.

Go ahead, trash it or ignore it - thatā€™s what Dan Blankenship and David Tobias did, Fred Nolan simply refused to look, and itā€™s one reason why Rick and Marty are off chasing Templars! Solving the mystery depends much on the frame of mind of the owners, and the brothers seem to be losing their way.

The originator went to a great deal of trouble to leave clues for someone to follow and thereby expose the intent of the enterprise. Instead of using these clues and aids to discovery, the owners tend to move and destroy them, or choose to ignore them.

It just goes to show that if we donā€™t like the look of a potential truth then we simply blank it out. We certainly wouldn't want to test it!

Questions?

Who do you believe the Original Builders were?

When do you think this took place?

What do you believe the Treasure to be?

OP
OP
G

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Questions?

Who do you believe the Original Builders were?

When do you think this took place?

What do you believe the Treasure to be?

I really don't like speculating on these points because it doesn't help at all in identify where the treasure is located!

In fact, I'm confused by some of the quoted carbon dating and wonder if the standard deviation is being correctly applied. Also, there's the apparent refusal to concede that wood and fibre that's been lying around or in use for decades will provide an erroneous reading. For example, using the wood from a ship 100 years old could give a reading 200 years in error. Using fibre that's been sitting on a beach for 200 years would create similar problems.

Therefore, because of the unit of measure that I believe was used, I'd say it's likely to be after 1625, and because of the angle of magnetic variation could be c. 1650 or c. 1740. The technique is imprecise, relying on dated charts showing the variation operating at a particular time and place within a few hundred miles of Oak Island. On balance, I reckon it's probably a British or colonial military / naval enterprise occurring in the mid-18th century.

I'd sooner not guess at what the treasure is, but I'd assume it's something in the way of Spanish treasure cargo.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't like speculating on these points because it doesn't help at all in identify where the treasure is located!

In fact, I'm confused by some of the quoted carbon dating and wonder if the standard deviation is being correctly applied. Also, there's the apparent refusal to concede that wood and fibre that's been lying around or in use for decades will provide an erroneous reading. For example, using the wood from a ship 100 years old could give a reading 200 years in error. Using fibre that's been sitting on a beach for 200 years would create similar problems.

Therefore, because of the unit of measure that I believe was used, I'd say it's likely to be after 1625, and because of the angle of magnetic variation could be c. 1650 or c. 1740. The technique is imprecise, relying on dated charts showing the variation operating at a particular time and place within a few hundred miles of Oak Island. On balance, I reckon it's probably a British or colonial military / naval enterprise occurring in the mid-18th century.

I'd sooner not guess at what the treasure is, but I'd assume it's something in the way of Spanish treasure cargo.

Please verify what treasure you are referring to...Are you talking about:

a) Ark of the Covenant and other templar items
b) Shakespheare's books
c) Black Beard's treasure
d) Aztec gold
e) Today Spanish Cargo treasure was added
f) etc.

The fact that there are so many different treasures said to exist on oak island reinforces the concept of the grand hoax as not one shred of factual evidence has ever been presented to prove any.

OP
OP
G

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please verify what treasure you are referring to...
The fact that there are so many different treasures said to exist on oak island reinforces the concept of the grand hoax as not one shred of factual evidence has ever been presented to prove any.

That's seems a strange piece of thinking. Absence of proof is proof of absence! The reason there are so many guesses as to what was buried is simply because we don't have a clue. That doesn't suggest a hoax and it certainly doesn't prove a hoax. The possibility of a hoax exists, but that's just another guess.

We don't know that there's a treasure, but we do know that if there is a treasure then you've decided you won't find it. Let's just agree to differ. Your guess at the answer has been stated many times over. The point does not need labouring.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's seems a strange piece of thinking. Absence of proof is proof of absence! The reason there are so many guesses as to what was buried is simply because we don't have a clue. That doesn't suggest a hoax and it certainly doesn't prove a hoax. The possibility of a hoax exists, but that's just another guess..

200+ years of digging and metal detecting and bulldozing and dynamiting, and not one iota of evidence suggesting that any sort of treasure at all has been found. I'd say that the educated guess would be that the whole thing is a hoax.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's seems a strange piece of thinking. Absence of proof is proof of absence! The reason there are so many guesses as to what was buried is simply because we don't have a clue. That doesn't suggest a hoax and it certainly doesn't prove a hoax. The possibility of a hoax exists, but that's just another guess.

We don't know that there's a treasure, but we do know that if there is a treasure then you've decided you won't find it. Let's just agree to differ. Your guess at the answer has been stated many times over. The point does not need labouring.

Based on that assumption, is it possible that we are looking at the wrong island?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That has already been suggested (someone looking for his own TV show, no doubt).

As the character Ben Rumson says in Paint Your Wagon regarding gold: "By gum, they're always digging it up in chunks somewhere else."

The fact that no one even knows what any hidden treasure might be makes a good case that the answer is that there is none to be found. Otherwise, anywhere you look is as good as anyplace else. They're not looking for something. They're looking for anything.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please verify what treasure you are referring to...Are you talking about:

a) Ark of the Covenant and other templar items
b) Shakespheare's books
c) Black Beard's treasure
d) Aztec gold
e) Today Spanish Cargo treasure was added
f) etc.

The first two are there for a fact.

OP
OP
G

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200+ years of digging and metal detecting and bulldozing and dynamiting, and not one iota of evidence suggesting that any sort of treasure at all has been found. I'd say that the educated guess would be that the whole thing is a hoax.

This appears to be begging the question, because we havenā€™t established whether or not there was a treasure. Thatā€™s what weā€™re trying to determine.

If there is a treasure then maybe the educated guess would be that itā€™s well hidden. If there is no treasure then an educated guess might be itā€™s a hoax or that it was removed.

People are trying to resolve the question by looking for a treasure, because not looking for a treasure clearly canā€™t provide an answer.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This appears to be begging the question, because we havenā€™t established whether or not there was a treasure. Thatā€™s what weā€™re trying to determine.

If there is a treasure then maybe the educated guess would be that itā€™s well hidden. If there is no treasure then an educated guess might be itā€™s a hoax or that it was removed.

People are trying to resolve the question by looking for a treasure, because not looking for a treasure clearly canā€™t provide an answer.

But with the total lack of any and all factual evidence of anything ever having been on oak island, one's odds would be just as good searching anyone of a 1000 islands throughout the world and the same illogical rationale as to why a particular island was chosen could be applied.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, it's been over 200 years now. At what point do we say enough is enough? After the centuries of fruitless searches, when do we say, "okay ... over 200 year of nothing to show for the effort put into the search for this treasure. Let's call it a day." At what point is the lack of evidence enough of a lack of evidence to end the cycle of Oak Island mythology? What will it take for the true believers to acknowledge that there is nothing there?

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wish they'd find something..... Then at least we could reverse engineer it somewhat...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Reverse engineer a Shakespeare sonnet? Simple.

Take a simple thought and say it in as many words as possible.

The Arc of the Covenant?

If you believe in it then you must also believe it won't work for you or others.

God was upset enough with the Children of Israel that He shut it down and let them be scattered TWICE after it was stolen. And they were trying to keep His 613 Commandments.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
What will it take for the true believers to acknowledge that there is nothing there?

What does it take for anyone to lose faith in a faith-based belief system? As has been mentioned in a number of these threads in the past, for that person, no proof is necessary. And you know what? That person is everyone. It's you and me. The term for it is cognitive bias and it's part of the human brain. The really frightening thing about cognitive bias is that your brain does a great job of concealing it from you. Remember this when you're dealing with true believers of anything. You and I are laughing at their faith-based beliefs, but someone else is laughing at our faith-based beliefs.

So to answer your question, in 500 years people will still be digging holes in Oak Island, or else griping about how people should be digging holes in Oak Island.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So to answer your question, in 500 years people will still be digging holes in Oak Island, or else griping about how people should be digging holes in Oak Island.

Not if they dig in the correct location where the treasure is located.

I have went on peoples land and they swore there was nothing of value on the land. Once you start showing them items you dig up and some of them quite valuable they tend to change their mind. I tried to get permission from a man that was dying and was on oxygen, "Oh I do not believe there is anything on this property." There is a large kettle of gold sitting underground near the right front porch of an old log house in his back yard. After he died, I still can not get permission from any of his kin. All they say, "Dad never had any money." It wasn't dad's money it was buried there beside the road by and for Patrick Henry. People need to open up their minds and their property they may be surprised how rich they really are?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not if they dig in the correct location where the treasure is located.

I have went on peoples land and they swore there was nothing of value on the land. Once you start showing them items you dig up and some of them quite valuable they tend to change their mind. I tried to get permission from a man that was dying and was on oxygen, "Oh I do not believe there is anything on this property." There is a large kettle of gold sitting underground near the right front porch of an old log house in his back yard. After he died, I still can not get permission from any of his kin. All they say, "Dad never had any money." It wasn't dad's money it was buried there beside the road by and for Patrick Henry. People need to open up their minds and their property they may be surprised how rich they really are?

There is no ā€œrightā€ location as nothing of any significance has ever been put on the island. The only thing we are sure of is that after the laginaā€™s current hole comes up empty, another ā€œspectacularā€ tale will be told (baconā€™s bacon/shakespheares stash/aztec gold/ Blackbeardā€™s moneybag/fill-in the blanks) to cover air time and to allow someone to tell the brotherā€™s, ā€œyou should have dug 6ā€™ to the left, thatā€™s where I guarantee the treasure is and letā€™s also take another meaningless trip somewhere to fill airtimeā€...

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It my belief that from the stones seen on the island and the others it's from the Jesuit time. If it's from the template then they used the same type stone work. If I was going to dig anywhere there. Why not follow the water intake if it was to flood the tunnels. Use those bladders to stop the water and dig. The treasure is a long way from there. Follow the stones

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was supposed to templar not template. Damn auto correct

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread