Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Oak Island reality show - Bogus adventure IMO

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Seriously?

Mar 2008
    WA
    Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
    1092 times
    When people discuss "reality" and Civil War Ice Road Gold Loggers (or whatever show they're currently flogging) in the same sentence, I want to slap my head.

Some of the shows are scripted. Others are not, but the people behind the scenes guide the action. A few are probably allowed to play out naturally, and then the editors take over, leaving us with something that does not accurately reflect reality. In the case of "reality television," "reality" is largely a marketing term. It's entertainment. Don't get too wound up over it. Or do get wound up over it if you enjoy that, but remember that it's no different than getting wound up over professional wrestling.
    Avatar taken from "The Biting Pear of Salamanca." See the original here: http://ursulav.deviantart.com/art/Th...manca-29677500

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    15282 times
    Metal Detecting
    And I still like it better than 90% of the crap on TV....movies and all.
    Ocean7 likes this.

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    584 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    And I still like it better than 90% of the crap on TV....movies and all.
    That's truly salient and also a sad commentary as to whats available to view today......
    Truth1253 likes this.

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    584 times
    Ocean7 - Now I get it!

Marty and Rick's Bogus Adventure!
    Ocean7 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    15282 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    That's truly salient and also a sad commentary as to whats available to view today......
    Itís truly truly awful. Nothing but smut and lies and shows that have no meaning or for that matter HUMOR!
    Singlestack Wonder likes this.

Apr 2016
    55 times
    I'm paying $140 a month for satellite and there ain't jack on tv.. at least we get to watch metal detector expert Gary find a buuttaun..

us
    The Money Pit must be the Titanic of empty holes and empty wallets.

Apr 2004
    400 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Ocean7 - Now I get it!

Marty and Rick's Bogus Adventure!
    exactly! Marty and Rick's Bogus Adventure (complete with lots of Templar fiction) for your viewing enjoyment!
    OMG I found a cross coin - it must be Knights Templar were at this Catholic school playground!
    We should start our own show. L
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B020b.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	1554460
    franklin likes this.

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean7 View Post
    exactly! Marty and Rick's Bogus Adventure (complete with lots of Templar fiction) for your viewing enjoyment!
    OMG I found a cross coin - it must be Knights Templar were at this Catholic school playground!
    We should start our own show. L

Name:	B020b.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	1554460
    Narrator, "Could this be it? The key to the civil war----I mean hoax island treasure?"

us

Apr 2004
    400 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Narrator, "Could this be it? The key to the civil war----I mean hoax island treasure?"
    yeah we need to start a 'Could it be' thread just in honor of 'Oak Island' yarns.
    Hey I found this lock! Could it be to a pirate's chest? Perhaps Templar Knights were on this exact spot where it was found!

Name:	Lock1.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	1554510

Reality they don't show - it's no bigger than a dime! L
    Name:  B513.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  19.7 KB
    franklin likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    15282 times
    Metal Detecting
    I enjoy watching the show i guess Iím not so emotionally wrapped up in it as some. In reality some people search their entire lives for something and never find it whether it be love a fortune. Any search for some fortune Iíll give it a shot except Searching for Pablo Escobarís money. I lasted 4 mins on that one.

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    I enjoy watching the show i guess I’m not so emotionally wrapped up in it as some. In reality some people search their entire lives for something and never find it whether it be love a fortune. Any search for some fortune I’ll give it a shot except Searching for Pablo Escobar’s money. I lasted 4 mins on that one.
    I believe there is more of a chance of finding pablo escobar's money than anything on oak island......
    Ocean7 likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    15282 times
    Metal Detecting
    I believe there is more of a chance of finding pablo escobar's money than anything on oak island......
    Not me like all those people in that 3rd world country, underworld for that matter, is going to let some guys get some buried cash. Pipe dream. But I donít moan and groan I just donít watch it.

us

Apr 2004
    400 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Everybody has an opinion - this is mine. Humor will be part of that opinion. I've found things - some can only dream about. Some was pure luck, some was pure knowledge and skill. After 40 years at MD'ing (off and on), I know a few things about finding treasure lost in the ground. As a retired software engineer, I now have unlimited time on my hands. Maybe I'll find something amazing, maybe I'll find some clad coins and beer bottle caps. It doesn't matter as long as you are true to yourself and in your dealings with other people. When you need incentive, remember as Mel Fischer said, 'Today is the day!' That's posted in my kitchen on an index card. HH!
    franklin likes this.
    Everybody has an opinion - this is mine. Humor will be part of that opinion. I've found things - some can only dream about. Some was pure luck, some was pure knowledge and skill. After 40 years at MD'ing (off and on), I know a few things about finding treasure lost in the ground. As a retired software engineer, I now have unlimited time on my hands. Life really doesn't matter unless you are true to yourself and in your dealings with other people.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2015
    NC
    Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre, Nokta Pin pointer.
    3186 times
    Im not sure how much these people have made from the show but it looks like someone has finally figured out how make a fortune off the story. So...in some ways you might say the treasure has been found thru advertising and bogus TV
    Ocean7 and Singlestack Wonder like this.
    Dig till you drop!

us
    El Presidente

Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
    504 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1 View Post
    Maybe they are building up to “Aliens found on hoax island week”...
    ############################

You never know, it was curious as to how and why they were starting to introduce Aliens into their sister program. Are they trying to spark interest from the Alien side into The Curse of Oak Island or are they trying to kill The Curse of Oak Island by now casting Aliens into the plot ? If so, then ratings go down and History Channel can exit Oak Island based on viewer ratings declining and appear to bow out gracefully ? Who knows what the end game is ?
    Kevin Knight was gracious enough to extend his expertise in codebreaking from Oak Island's "Le Formule" Ciphers........ to then carry over into the Hunt for the Zodiac Killer....LOL

Name:	La Formule Enema OVEN.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	1554549

Just read the thing to yourself....

Seriously find it hard to not laugh......Taking Nine Enemas, Clouds Dude, Bro Jew Like Oven (vertical)....the whole thing is a front of his CPU and it's newest backers......

Name:	curse-of-oak-island-2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	599.3 KB 
ID:	1554550

Here are the faint hints at the Z340 ciphers that are "On The Way" in their season 4 timelines and season 5 runups

Name:	Oak Island Zodiac.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	1554551
    Ocean7 likes this.
    But he who knows forms, is able to grasp the unity of nature beneath the surface of materials which are very unlike. Thus is he able to identify and bring about things that have never been done before, things of the kind which neither the vicissitudes of nature, nor hard experimenting, nor pure accident could ever have actualized, nor even human thought dreamed of. And thus from the discovery of the forms flows true speculation and unrestricted operation.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links