The Overwhelming Obstructive Power of Personal Bias

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "Divination" story was a hoax perpetrated by the OI Enterprise cabal.

The 10x shaft was dug into the ground based on real world calculations from the maps of the explorations of the 1850's time period onward.

According to an affidavit given by Daniel C. Blankenship on August 10, 1988:

After Bowmaster would finish for the day (in 1969) I would dowse in an area in an effort to locate what I would consider the most promising of these areas, eventually deciding upon the location where hole #10 was placed.

also

Dan Blankenship describes the Dowsing Method used
"These particular 'Divining rods' are made of welding rods about 30" long x 1/8" thick probably steel. They are bent at right angle making a handle to hold about 8" from one end. They are then placed in front of you and gripped rather firmly and held horizontally. Upon hitting an attraction the rods will twist and cross in your hands regardless how tightly you grip them. I have had a second person grab the end of the rod while they are motivated by some unknown force and pull them straight. As soon as he lets go the rods return to their original strained position. The force is unmistakable. Following are the tests and controls which I have made in order to check out the authenticity and accuracy of these so called "divining rods". These tests were made with the help and participation of Gerald Dorey, Western Shore, Nova Scotia, when these "rods" work for equally as well as myself." - Dan Blankenship report, 1966

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/did-dowsing-discoveries-lead-dan-to-dig-10x

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with treasure legends, there also exist many-many tales of fantastic treasure recoveries that are just as false. Just saying, just because someone said it is so don't mean that is......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread