Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Just take a look at this :

https://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/Dennis_King_Masonic_Angle.shtml

Here one example of the allegiate fraud ...

The Historic Context: Treasure Digging Frauds in 19th Century Maritime Canada and New England. The prevalence of lost treasure legends along the coast of New England and Maritime Canada in the 19th Century gave rise to a species of swindle or fraud known as “treasure digging”. Fraudsters would convince a landowner that a fabulous treasure (often Captain Kidd’s) was buried on his land, and they possessed the means to find it, and the landowner would be hoodwinked into paying the fraudsters to locate and excavate the treasure. Of course the treasure always slipped out of reach at the last minute.

American Folklorist Richard Joltes on his Oak Island webpage includes in his chapter 3 (49) a number of eloquent and erudite sections on the treasure digging manias which periodically infected parts of the Northeast United States and Atlantic Canada in the 1800’s. Joltes mentions, among many other examples, that Mormon Church founder Joseph Smith (1805-1844) practiced treasure digging as a livelihood before embarking on his career as a prophet. He also mentions the Daniel Lambert treasure digging mania which occurred in Maine in the year 1804, when the fraudster Lambert used his supposed discovery of buried treasure to circulate forged bank notes to the enrichment of himself and to the impoverishment of his victims. Joltes recites many other examples, many of which involved fraudsters inveigling their “marks” into schemes to dig for Captain Kidd’s treasure.

It was in this context that Oak Island in the 19th Century became the scene for repeated attempts to locate Captain Kidd’s treasure at the bottom of the Money Pit. Oak Island in the 19th Century may well have been only one of many treasure digging scams then being carried on in Atlantic Canada and New England.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was in this context that Oak Island in the 19th Century became the scene for repeated attempts to locate Captain Kidd’s treasure at the bottom of the Money Pit. Oak Island in the 19th Century may well have been only one of many treasure digging scams then being carried on in Atlantic Canada and New England.[/I]
That is funny... If true this would make OI one of the most successful scams (in terms of longevity) ever....

The story of OI is incredible. It has inspired me to go looking foe Aladdin's lamp lamp.... All those who wish to invest in this search just PM me (I have a Map!)

cartoon-illustration-of-boy-dreaming-clipart-vector_csp49219952.jpg

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
That is funny... If true this would make OI one of the most successful scams (in terms of longevity) ever....

The story of OI is incredible. It has inspired me to go looking foe Aladdin's lamp lamp.... All those who wish to invest in this search just PM me (I have a Map!)

View attachment 1710658

I have an old map too

4F434185-6411-4C11-BED5-919EF901BF4B.jpeg

And another one with X marks the spot

9404E11D-1C99-452C-9213-A434D00E29CD.png

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told by a "reliable source" that this is the treasure stored in Aladdin's cave...

11863c0beb431abf09ad8b8b277c3e18.jpg

So I have the map. All I need now is to remember those secret words to open the cave door.

Was it.... Open Barley?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread