Oak Island Pre Sept. 1866. Before TV Prodercers & the Laginas invented the Templers

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy for you, Franklin. Does it have a practical application?

As far as "153 fish", Gematria never appealed to me as a sensible practice. I don't believe the names of things have "force". Nature doesn't care a fig about our human created base 10 numbering system.

There are some 17 different methods for converting the Hebrew to numeric - so there is a good chance you'd find a method that could make any number eventually turn up a word you approve of.

153: is that 1 and 5 and 3, or 1+5+3, or 100+50+3? Depending on the word you like you'll use any of those, or come up with another route.

And lets take a look at the passage John 21:11. So, Matthew, Mark and Luke didn't catch that act (so to speak) so likely when John was written 90 to 100 years after the Crucifixion no one who witnessed the haul was still around. That lends some weight to whoever wrote it added some fluff with significance as they desired.

And now, depending which interpretation you prefer, there are about eight "leading" opinions on the significance of the number 153. Also, if to add each number 1 through 17 together (1+2+3+...+15+16+17) it will equal 153.

So there you have it. That signifies a waste of time figuring that out.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

As far as "153 fish", Gematria never appealed to me as a sensible practice. I don't believe the names of things have "force". Nature doesn't care a fig about our human created base 10 numbering system.

There are some 17 different methods for converting the Hebrew to numeric - so there is a good chance you'd find a method that could make any number eventually turn up a word you approve of.

153: is that 1 and 5 and 3, or 1+5+3, or 100+50+3? Depending on the word you like you'll use any of those, or come up with another route.

And lets take a look at the passage John 21:11. So, Matthew, Mark and Luke didn't catch that act (so to speak) so likely when John was written 90 to 100 years after the Crucifixion no one who witnessed the haul was still around. That lends some weight to whoever wrote it added some fluff with significance as they desired.

And now, depending which interpretation you prefer, there are about eight "leading" opinions on the significance of the number 153. Also, if to add each number 1 through 17 together (1+2+3+...+15+16+17) it will equal 153.

The significance of numbers is not about their force or power, but the fact that others believed that they had.
superstitions directed the actions of people in the past, everything from what to eat and when to eat it, (or when not to eat it) to the names of their children. The same practice would obviously have been applied to how and where one hid the family fortune as well as how the information about its whereabouts was encrypted.
it does not matter what we believe, it does matter what they believed. The key to cracking any code is to understand the mind of the code maker.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That I cant argue with.

Though I'm still not convinced on the whole notion of burying treasure where it is inaccessible and near impossible to recover. I still find that very dubious. It's pretty much limited to tombs.

And those don't need hidden codes to locate because they are either very obvious or meant to be left undisturbed.

I am confident in stating there is no Biblical encrypted connection to Oak Island.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

There were several references to "gematria" at Pompeii, such as "great is my love for her of the number .....". As we know part of the Bible was written about the same time (late first century) and in the same language (more or less) the same numerical gematria system should have been used. Using the same system from Pompeii the number 153 equates in the greek (not hebrew btw) to Mary Magdalene. Mary Magdalene, The Holy Grail of the Da Vinci Code and I might add also of the writer of the 12th century "Perceval, the Story of the grail". The story carried off Montsegur the day before the massacre of the Cathar dfenders and handed to a couple of Knights Templars. And I speculate here, brought to Nova Scotia in 1308 to be hidden until the story could be safely told, which according to some is 700 years from 1321 the date of the execution of the last Cathar. His exact statement was "after 700 years the laurel will again turn green".

To the moderator, I don't consider this religious in nature as I am not religious, actually no more so than all the talk here of the Ark of the Covenant. I do believe there is enough evidence to support that many of the players in the Bible did live, also Oak Island does indeed play a part in my premise.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That I cant argue with.

Though I'm still not convinced on the whole notion of burying treasure where it is inaccessible and near impossible to recover. I still find that very dubious. It's pretty much limited to tombs.

And those don't need hidden codes to locate because they are either very obvious or meant to be left undisturbed.

I am confident in stating there is no Biblical encrypted connection to Oak Island.

I do not believe I said there was a Biblical encryption in the KJV or Holy Bible with a connection to Oak Island. I have seen other literary work however of the same time period that was encrypted and does lead one to Oak Island. There is an encryption code in the KJV. I have not figured it all out but one day I will. I do know there are some partial keys that give hidden messages. They are well hidden and I do believe I will work it all out if given enough time. I already have a message from Genesis that should not be there as it has the "Lord Jesus Christ" encrypted into the first chapter of text.

Also there is an encryption code in the Declaration of Independence. It tells you how to find the "Ark of the Covenant" There is another encryption message of longer text in the DOI, I know the "Key" but I have not worked out how to use the "Key" yet.

I do believe also there is a message in the KJV that will lead you to Oak Island. I just have not worked it out yet. I do know John Alden had two Bibles on his voyage over one being the KJV. No one else had one on that voyage. He had the front cover pages torn out so no one would know it was a KJV. Bibles at the time were expensive and rare to have, let alone a carpenter with two Bibles.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were several references to "gematria" at Pompeii, such as "great is my love for her of the number .....". As we know part of the Bible was written about the same time (late first century) and in the same language (more or less) the same numerical gematria system should have been used. Using the same system from Pompeii the number 153 equates in the greek (not hebrew btw) to Mary Magdalene. Mary Magdalene, The Holy Grail of the Da Vinci Code and I might add also of the writer of the 12th century "Perceval, the Story of the grail". The story carried off Montsegur the day before the massacre of the Cathar dfenders and handed to a couple of Knights Templars. And I speculate here, brought to Nova Scotia in 1308 to be hidden until the story could be safely told, which according to some is 700 years from 1321 the date of the execution of the last Cathar. His exact statement was "after 700 years the laurel will again turn green".

To the moderator, I don't consider this religious in nature as I am not religious, actually no more so than all the talk here of the Ark of the Covenant. I do believe there is enough evidence to support that many of the players in the Bible did live, also Oak Island does indeed play a part in my premise.

Cheers, Loki
"laurel will again turn green". What was the exact spelling of these words and when were they translated. The spelling looks like maybe 1800's and later. But the way it is spelled means when "Jesus will again be Lord." That is 3 years or less from now. No doubt it will probably come true the way our World is today.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait a minute! "Laurel will again turn green" must refer to the only color movie in which Stan Laurel wore green!

4850275_l3.jpg

This can only mean someone is going to remake Babes in Toyland!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately), scientific and academic research demands more rigor than the justice system does.

Especially the justice system on a TV SHOW. Although, we know that everything on TV is real, right?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The treasure of the Knight's Templar was buried on Oak Island-------
Petter Amundsen proved that in his decoding of the works of Shakespeare among other works of the seventeenth century.
The treasures were removed and placed into Colonial hands eventually going to Washington, D.C.
This has been proven by another gentlemen's find work on decoding the KJV of the Holy Bible.
If this were so, it would be a major discovery.
Where is the announcement of this proof?
As for Petter Amundsen, none of his "decoding of the works of Shakespeare" have proven true.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The treasure was "Knight's Templar"
It was removed from Oak Island between 1620 and 1776.
There is no treasure there now.
If there ever was a treasure, how can one determine it was a "Knights Templar " treasure?
On another thread, you stated that this alleged "treasure" was removed before Bacon's Rebellion in 1676, and alluded to John Alden's involvement, an ancestor of Founding Father, John Adams, by way of his grandmother, Hannah Bass Adams.
Is there any proof beyond "hidden coded messages" that indeed there was a Templar treasure, or that Alden, or Adams and other Founding Fathers had anything to do with removing the alleged "treasure" from Oak Island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You sure do wonder around making assumptions.
That was a good pretentious patronizing polemic considering some of the highly questionable tales you have posted as fact. :laughing7:
On just this thread you have claimed the pit on Oak Island was dug by Rosicrucians, then Templars, and then friends of the Sinclair family, and then removed and placed into the hands of Colonials (aka Founding Fathers in other threads).
Makes one wonder about the source of those "facts", considering the versions change, expand, and then incorporate additional pieces of real history into this crazy quilt of pseudo history. :icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread