Land Ownership

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wise can find cracks in the produced theories concerning treasure legends that lack outside collaborative evidence.

You are certainly not a treasure hunter with the same post over and over. Go find you a treasure. Hell buy you a metal detector first if you are able to walk. Why do you always post lack of collaborative evidence? That is what we all are searching for and once we find it we will recover the treasure. So either way you have nothing but, "We are doomed Martitia"

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Arrrr. I give thee me affidavie that I fear we may be trespassin after having sent 40 men to a cold watery grave and I'll have no part of property damage and defilin this here lovely sod patch. I be ashaimed of associatin with the likes o yee heathen sauvages."

Ah, Wallace Beery. Where are you when America (and Canada) need you?

1910db8bb8b274382debfaed24d5395a.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Let's see it! Let's see this verified deed that states that the Freemasons (not A Freemason, but THE Freemasons) owned this land.

Come on Raparee, that’s like asking other folks here who tell stories of the templar vaults they found to provide their evidence....never going to happen as it’s a figment of their imagination.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rural community on the Western Shore is the nearest community to the island while Chester is the closest town. By the 1750s, French fishermen who were the first European residents to inhabit the town of Chester had begun to construct houses on the site. After the Acadians were expelled during the Seven Years' War, the government of Nova Scotia adopted measures to encourage New Englanders to settle in the area by providing land through the Shoreham grant. The Island of Oak was awarded to the Seacombe, Young, Lynch, and Monro families. In 1761 settlers from Massachusetts became the first major group to arrive in Chester. In 1762 the island was subdivided into four equal parts and was locally referred to as "Smith's Island," by the settlers. In 1965, a causeway was constructed by Robert Dunfield. Today, 78% of the island is owned by Oak Island Tours while the rest is owned by independent families.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/who-owns-oak-island.html

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
If you say so. I know I would not bury a treasure on someone else's land. Just common sense.

Back when I was in high school, a friend of mine grew marijuana in the woods on someone else's property. It was out of the way, no one had any reason to be back there, and by his reckoning if the cops ever found it, they would assume that it belonged to the stoner skateboarder that actually lived there.

I'm not saying that the Templars were growing their weed on Oak Island so that the Pope wouldn't find it, but you asked why someone would hide something of value on someone else's land. I'm merely relaying an example of someone doing just that. It might be relevant, or it might not be. I don't think that any treasure was buried there in the first place, so consider me neutral on the topic.

I can actually give a number of other examples of someone hiding something of value on someone else's property if you'd like. The reason is usually the same though. (That might be the same reason why pirates, when they so rarely bothered to actually bury their loot rather than just spend it, hid it on land belonging to others - that and convenience, anyway.) I mean, it has to be comforting to know that your illegal loot is in your own yard, but it's also comforting to know that your illegal loot is not in your own yard. Either way, if somebody finds it, the law will not be on your side.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshiners do/did set up their "still" on someones elses property all the time for the same reasons as above...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Holy Church Artifacts, I tend to believe they were brought over to this country by Nathaniel Bacon, who deposited them near Jamestown and later during the Bacon Rebellion removed them to Williamsburg, Va.
Later, falling in to the hands of President Thomas Jefferson by Will of George Wythe.
I now believe these treasures are in Washington, D.C. and we will never see them, unless the copy of the Ark of the Covenant of George Washington's is the real one and only Ark of the Covenant.
The exact location of these Holy Relics should be known to everyone.
Are any of these items listed in George Wythe's will?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Moonshiners do/did set up their "still" on someones elses property all the time for the same reasons as above...

Yep. Or on public land, which was a problem when I was younger. I still wonder how many people that went missing while hiking, hunting, etc. during that time period didn't simply lose their way, but rather wandered into a place that they shouldn't have.

Fortunately the laws have changed a bit since then, and that kind of thing is very uncommon now - kind of like moonshiners during Prohibition, really. How many people get shot for stumbling onto an illegal still out in the woods these days?

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Or on public land, which was a problem when I was younger. I still wonder how many people that went missing while hiking, hunting, etc. during that time period didn't simply lose their way, but rather wandered into a place that they shouldn't have.

Fortunately the laws have changed a bit since then, and that kind of thing is very uncommon now - kind of like moonshiners during Prohibition, really. How many people get shot for stumbling onto an illegal still out in the woods these days?
More likely someone's crop... Back when I was a kid in Australia (about 10) me and a mate stumbled on a dope crop while out in bush. A man screamed at us something like "stop right there". We both took off like our lives depended on it....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I have read the first European settlement was in Nova Scotia from 1605. The place was first (documented) explored by Europeans in 1498 and then again 1520 source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Nova_Scotia This source suggests it would of been the King of England who had legal ownership of the land at these times. The French had a colony there in 1605 (and I imagine claimed ownership). In the 1629-32 it was a Scottish colony. After that it was returned to the French... Maybe the KT buried the treasure on OI as a way of raising their finger at the greedy French king. In that there treasure was buried on land he owned :laughing7:....

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
More likely someone's crop... Back when I was a kid in Australia (about 10) me and a mate stumbled on a dope crop while out in bush. A man screamed at us something like "stop right there". We both took off like our lives depended on it....

I only got shot at once for it, and I'm not sure that the shooter was actually trying to hit us, but man...that's rough for a teenager. I wasn't equipped to deal with that sort of crap back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions