Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Why would buried treasure be abandoned ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    9535 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slikes53 View Post
    the stars overhead could provide a precise location of the treasure ?
    Ever heard the phrase, "Stars in their eyes"?

Jul 2017
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    no, and apparently google hasn't either, only that it was/is? a British tv show...

us
    Stretch

Jan 2017
    XP Déus & a Carrot!
    933 times
    Metal Detecting
    I could go with the person dies and before that, they killed off everyone that helped them hide it.

#6 is the legend they spin about the Arc... or what happened in Indiana Jones really did happen so that's why its hidden so well so deep on OI.
    #7 is totally Egyptian and I don't think anyone has a crackpot theory about Khufu going to OI to bury stuff he didn't want to be buried with.

I think I can get on the show if I develop some Crazy Egyptian tie in.... gonna get busy !

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    584 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch Da Truth View Post
    I could go with the person dies and before that, they killed off everyone that helped them hide it.

#6 is the legend they spin about the Arc... or what happened in Indiana Jones really did happen so that's why its hidden so well so deep on OI.
    #7 is totally Egyptian and I don't think anyone has a crackpot theory about Khufu going to OI to bury stuff he didn't want to be buried with.

I think I can get on the show if I develop some Crazy Egyptian tie in.... gonna get busy !
    Don’t forget the beale and simpson paper tie in’s.....
    ECS likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    10028 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Lady and the Tramp, Disney 1955 "Look at the skies, they have stars in their eyes . . .

America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Stretch

Jan 2017
    XP Déus & a Carrot!
    933 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Don’t forget the beale and simpson paper tie in’s.....
    Gotta go to the Vault to get that info.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    Equinox 600, Fishers F22, Tesoro Vaquero
    218 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    Yep.. Not just the forest.. I had a mate that told me there was a box of money/treasure buried somewhere in his garden but he cannot find it. The story was he was really drunk one night (may of been other substances involved also) and got a panic attack and buried his stash in his Garden. He forgot he had done it and months later when he remembered he had done this (while looking for the stash) he could not remember where abouts in the garden he buried it.

As far as I know he is still looking.....
    Did a similar thing without Alcohol involved. Buried a clad quarter at 12" to test my detector left it in the yard thinking I would dig it up later. Fast forward 6 months and a home reno project, remove trees, etc... and still haven't found it. It's only a quarter but its also 15' from my house you would think I could locate it... Problem is I counted 12 steps from a tree and then removed the tree and build an addition where the tree was.
    Swaveab, gazzahk and sasquash like this.

Jul 2017
    49 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    Did a similar thing without Alcohol involved. Buried a clad quarter at 12" to test my detector left it in the yard thinking I would dig it up later. Fast forward 6 months and a home reno project, remove trees, etc... and still haven't found it. It's only a quarter but its also 15' from my house you would think I could locate it... Problem is I counted 12 steps from a tree and then removed the tree and build an addition where the tree was.
    Your detector couldn't pick it up at that depth,either now or when you buried it ? If so I suppose it would be hard to find a quarter buried at 12 inches

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    Equinox 600, Fishers F22, Tesoro Vaquero
    218 times
    When the Vaquero is super tuned it would hit the quarter at 12" and did but that's pushing it. (In my experience)
    When it warms up I'll find it...maybe

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    247 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    12 inches is a bit rough for many detectors. Add to the fact that during the construction of the addition it's possible more soil accumulated where the quarter was. I hate to admit this, but I lost a silver dime at 5 inches down for awhile. My Safari would not detect it and there's nothing wrong with the Safari either as I had it checked. The conclusion I came to was possibly due to soil mineralization in conjunction with electrical interference subtracting from my depth ability. I eventually found it by stripping away a few inches of soil on top for several square feet around and then it detected it. My goal was only to recover the dime at that point. A clad quarter is not as big of a loss.
    eman1000 likes this.

Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    584 times
    Your detector couldn't pick it up at that depth,either now or when you buried it ? If so I suppose it would be hard to find a quarter buried at 12 inches
    Garret ATX would find it......

ca
    Elder

Nov 2016
    In the north
    Computers
    196 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    He should call gawaaay......
    Woo woo woo woo woo! Holy smoly ... I found a jowint !
    gazzahk and G.A.P.metal like this.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    685 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Twinkle...Twinkle..Little Stars...Show Us Where These Treasures...Are!

the stars overhead could provide a precise location of the treasure ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freemason's Celestial Map Fall Equinox 2017.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	1561704
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

us
    May 2013
    Phx AZ
    894 times
    1. The person/s who buried the treasure died
    2. The person/s who buried the treasure were imprisoned/stopped from returning to where they buried the treasure
    3. The location of the treasure was lost
    4. The treasure was actually lost/dropped/building collapsed/burnt/left over from battle etc and no one new there was treasure there
    5. What was buried was not that valuable at the time and has become very valuable later. The original buryier did not bother to recover it
    6. The treasure was never meant to be recovered for some reason maybe spite/fear/religious belief etc
    7. The treasure was buried with someone for their afterlife (ie the pyramids)

Of the above reasons (feel free to add more to the list) i

#1 thru #7 very possible. Number 8 however, it’s the best explanation,
    #8.... Alzheimer

(after many years of frustration and trying to give said directions to “who are you”?, and “why do you look so familiar” ok, go about 30...no, 300...but not sure, ...I got to pee,... and who are you again? Oh, that.....well, I just like that story....)
    gazzahk likes this.

Feb 2013
    Longview, Texas
    1644 times
    # 9 There was no treasure to begin with
    Charlie P. (NY) and Raparee like this.
    “The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee

"While I could never repose confidence in a Yankee, I have never been deceived by an Indian" - Daniel Boone

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links