The TRUE story behind the Oak Island legend... (Finally revelaed)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where and when did I ever mention King James II?

You did not mention King James II but you implied it with this post:

Oak Island Factual Information Post #280 and others.

King James VI did turn the Knight's of Saint Andrew over to William Sinclair before becoming King James I of England. And you can see that in the first lines of my post #397 above disputes that claim you made in your post of #280.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, that was where I corrected your claim that James I was a Freemason, which no evidence exists that he was, and William Sinclair became Grandmaster of the Grand Lodge of Scotland 116 years after the death of James I.
I also quoted from Oxbrow & Robertson's book, ROSSLYN AND THE GRAIL:
"St Clair of Rosslyn testified against the Templars at their trial in Edinburgh in 1309" dispelling the belief that the Sinclairs were Templars.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that was where I corrected your claim that James I was a Freemason, which no evidence exists that he was, and William Sinclair became Grandmaster of the Grand Lodge of Scotland 116 years after the death of James I.
I also quoted from Oxbrow & Robertson's book, ROSSLYN AND THE GRAIL:
"St Clair of Rosslyn testified against the Templars at their trial in Edinburgh in 1309" dispelling the belief that the Sinclairs were Templars.

Well my last post proved you wrong and you have not proved me wrong.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my last post proved you wrong and you have not proved me wrong.

If you say so Franklin, but you haven't explained how James I "turn the Knights of St Andrew over to William Sinclair" 116 years AFTER he died, or what any of this really has to do with Oak Island, especially considering that a "St Clair of Rosslyn testified against the Templars at their trial in Edinburgh in 1309".

*NOTE* The Knights of St Andrew is an Order of SCOTTISH RITE, that was established by Robert Bruce, the first Grandmaster with several "alleged"ex-Templar knights that fought with him at Bannockburn against Edward II in 1314.
This origin version was first presented in 1737 by Andrew Michael Ramsey, the tutor of Bonnie Prince Charles Edward Stuart, and has been expanded upon by the quasi-historians, Baigent and Leigh, but NO real documentation exists that Templars fought at Bannockburn.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you say so Franklin, but you haven't explained how James I "turn the Knights of St Andrew over to William Sinclair" 116 years AFTER he died, or what any of this really has to do with Oak Island, especially considering that a "St Clair of Rosslyn testified against the Templars at their trial in Edinburgh in 1309".

*NOTE* The Knights of St Andrew is an Order of SCOTTISH RITE, that was established by Robert Bruce, the first Grandmaster with several "alleged"ex-Templar knights that fought with him at Bannockburn against Edward II in 1314.
This origin version was first presented in 1737 by Andrew Michael Ramsey, the tutor of Bonnie Prince Charles Edward Stuart, and has been expanded upon by the quasi-historians, Baigent and Leigh, but NO real documentation exists that Templars fought at Bannockburn.

First of all there were more than one William Sinclair and there was one at the time that King James VI of Scotland turned over the Knight's of Saint Andrew over to him... There were Knight's Templar at the Battle of Bannockburn unless King Edward's soldiers got scared of something really terrible among the peasants?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There was Bishop William Sinclair who Robert Bruce considered his "warrior bishop", and his brother Henry Sinclair, "the Lord Sinclair of Rosslyn who led 300 Templar cavalry at Bannockburn.
The battle of Bannockburn was foot on foot, there is no contemporary account that mentions a cavalry charge, be it Scottish or Templar, and if there were Templars at that battle, they did not fight under the Templar banner.
Much of the Scottish Templar lore comes from Andrew Michael Ramsey, who in 1723 was knighted in the French Order of St Lazarus, which was a military order protecting pilgrims during the Crusades.
After joining the Freemason Horn Lodge, Westminster in 1730, in his Oration of 1737 at a Paris Lodge, he united the Crusaders with the Freemasons:
"Our ancestors, the Crusaders, gathered together from all parts of Christendom in the Holy Land, desired there to reunite into one sole Fraternity the individuals of nations"
In his 1749 "Philosophical Principles of Natural and Revealed Religion" he stated:
" Every Mason is a Knight Templar"
Being the tutor of Prince Charles Edward Stuart and a staunch Jacobite and the politics of that time period, he set forth the beginnings of Templar lore in Scotland, and the grafting of Knights Templar onto Freemasonry of which no mention or connection was made before 1737.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you actually believe a battle was fought without horses?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
All I stated that all contemporary accounts of Bannockburn only mention a foot battle, the ineffective charge of the English cavalry against the Scottish spearmen because of the close quarters prevented longbow archery cover, and no mention of Lord Henry Sinclair Templar cavalry charge of the 300.
There was the attack of Sir Robert Keth's Scots Cavalry against the English archers left flank, Keth was NOT a Templar, and most likely, never was his men.
Now what is interesting about this battle, is the English army was caught in a wedge of two tributaries of the River Forth, which is a tidal river. As the tide came in, the English field receded, and was easy pickings for the Scots who took full advantage of the flooded plain, which caused the English to finally retreat

Last edited:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Charge of the Shetland Ponies waving Freemasons banners .WTF

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Charge of the Shetland Ponies waving Freemasons banners .WTF

Any time you go up against the best army in the world and they have you out-numbered four to one and they have the best weapons in the world and you can whip that army soundly you can wave anything you want as long as it works. Thought for the day.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time you go up against the best army in the world and they have you out-numbered four to one and they have the best weapons in the world and you can whip that army soundly you can wave anything you want as long as it works. Thought for the day.

REALLY The battle of Culloden 1749 clearly states different . 15 DEGREES TO THE LEFT . Tp

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you even know what a Garron Croft is? TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Robert Burns wrote ' Ye Jacobites By Name ' Free Masons was not the only Mens Society in Scotland The Scottish Clan System decided who remained king or Queen. TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi .Wonder how good the English Long Bow was ? TP

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you even know what a Garron Croft is? TP

Well, a garron is a pony, and a croft is a small rented/leased home with common pastureland to other adjoining Crofters. So, a "garron croft" may be a small farmstead that raises ponies?

But I don't think there were any such things on Oak Island.

Smithbrown

May 22, 2006
What on earth do you mean, the clan system decided who was king or queen? Culloden- 1746 since you ask- destroyed the clans. The British army decided George II was on the throne now.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...but not beyond a church organist geezer from Norway who claims Francis Bacon placed hidden ciphers in the works of Shakespeare that lead to Oak Island and those that promote a Sinclair or Templar connection to the alleged treasure pit.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Big treasure lots of secrets and big wars the foundation of all these sort of claims. WTF TP

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo

How firm are those numbers? How certain is that four-to-one ratio? How accurate are the estimates?

Where exactly did the battle take place?

Would you agree that we may not know quite as much about this battle as we'd like to?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread