The TRUE story behind the Oak Island legend... (Finally revelaed) - Page 34
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Like Tree513Likes

Thread: The TRUE story behind the Oak Island legend... (Finally revelaed)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2003
    153 times
    " I have did my work of putting boots on the ground. I have been chased by bull's in the pastures, I have walked upon sleep walking bears and I have been in some terrible situations out there in the wild."

Lol, Damn, now I have an image of this guy walking around a park and dramatically gesturing as he reads a poetry book aloud.
    Last edited by freeman; Oct 17, 2019 at 08:45 PM.
    ECS likes this.

ca
    Jan 2015
    Canada
    144 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I have walked upon sleep walking bears
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thinking.gif 
Views:	60 
Size:	526.4 KB 
ID:	1762921
    ECS likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    14891 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    ... I have walked upon sleep walking bears and I have been in some terrible situations out there in the wild.
    I have had landowners go by me on four wheelers while I was standing behind the only bush on their property...
    ...and everybody was dancing in the moonlight!

Then those sleep walking bears woke up and it was Goldilocks time behind that bush!
    Last edited by ECS; Oct 18, 2019 at 06:02 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    31296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    LOL, well one thing we do know is you're no English major.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    Did you expect anything different, Billieg, he has stated time and time again of not being fond of teachers, educators, academics, or professional historians, so that should explain why English was not a major.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan m View Post
    Haha, he can’t even spell correctly
    the correct spelling is “Phaq”
    Next time you insult a member over their grammar you can count on a timeout and it will not be short.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Nov 2019
    Miami
    10 times
    That's a pretty clever fairytale that you made up here...
    The only problem is that the so-called "Money Pit" is really nothing but a man-made reservoir to hold the water from the Swamp when the Swamps plug is pulled.. And then to refill the Swamp AFTER those who created this ingenious system were done either depositing, or withdrawing the Treasures under the Swamp when they were done doing what they needed to do. This is precisely why the creators of this unique "Bank Vault" didn't even bother trying to hide to "Swamp Water Holding Tank Hole".

Nov 2015
    1367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubmech View Post

Name:	outrage1.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	1772948

FAIRYTALE....FAIRYTALE........... HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!! MY STORY IS 100%true.....

Name:	p05c47jy.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	1772951

Welcome to the forum Pubmech. Your 'theory' has as much evidence to support it as any of the other treasure stories....
    Live the moment...

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    349 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubmech View Post
    The only problem is that the so-called "Money Pit" is really nothing but a man-made reservoir to hold the water from the Swamp when the Swamps plug is pulled.. And then to refill the Swamp AFTER those who created this ingenious system were done either depositing, or withdrawing the Treasures under the Swamp when they were done doing what they needed to do. This is precisely why the creators of this unique "Bank Vault" didn't even bother trying to hide to "Swamp Water Holding Tank Hole".
    Anything is still possible. With your theory I assume the logs every 10' if true were in place to keep the back filled dirt from completely filling in the hole below the flood entry point "X" amount of feet down? and your theory does do away with the flood tunnels from the ocean if they are true or were really used for salt collecting as some think..
    Last edited by n2mini; Nov 20, 2019 at 07:13 AM. Reason: spelling

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12817 times
    Metal Detecting
    That theory at least "holds water".

Though with an ocean a few yards away I'm not sure why they would build a reservoir so they could refill the swamp. And the swamp would hold about 500 Money Pit Fulls of water. 200 ft deep x 6 ft dia. would be about six tanker trucks full.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Nov 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Nov 2019
    Miami
    10 times
    The "Flood Tunnels" could have been used to let most of the Swamps' water in and out using the Tides.. The rest I believe that the MP could have handled.
    Also, after reading other theory's about the Swamp as being an old British Navy Ship Yard and/or Ship Repair Yard, I think it makes more sense to me now that the swamp was used as a Dry-Dock in which they would have needed to sail a Ship in to the Swamp area, drain the water, repair/build the ship(s), quickly refill the Swamp and sail it out to the ocean - repeat... Basically just how they do it today, accept they were using gravity and tides to move the water in and out instead of modern pumps. It's not as glamorous as treasurer of course, but it seems to make a lot more sense after reading the some of the theories on OI being nothing more than a Ship Yard of some sort.
    Last edited by Pubmech; Nov 21, 2019 at 05:04 AM.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links