Season 6

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have a question; and before some Oak Island Freak looses their mind on me for asking just keep in mind I do not watch much of anything really.

Have they ever found any actual treasure; I mean something real, not a Buffalo nickel or grandpas penny spill. Something gold, something with at least a jewel in it.

Most of what has been found has been debunked as being more modern. They will never find anything real old, and brag about it, because Canada will take the island from them. I know many of you don't care for Jovan Pulitzer, but he has talked about why the show is like it is. Canadian laws were one of the issues.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He also revealed that it was because of the Ancient Aliens show, that The Curse of Oak Island came into existence. He also describes the lead characters of ‘The Curse of Oak Island,’ show, Rick and Marty Lagina. According to him, Marty is an “open-minded skeptic,” and Rick is a “believer.”

At least they are forthcoming enough to describe them as "characters" so we can recognize the story-line as a work of fiction. Character being the role or part that an actor portrays.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I still say the treasure was removed from Oak Island before the American Revolutionary War. It ended up in the hands of our Founding Fathers to help finance the war. The Holy Artifacts are in or near Washington, D.C.

I think your right Franklin, except I would say that it was just after the Revolution and it was removed from the area of the "Cave-In Pit".

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the story and that the treasures is still there but will not be recover due to flooding problems. I wish the brothers best of luck.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your right Franklin, except I would say that it was just after the Revolution and it was removed from the area of the "Cave-In Pit".

If the Templar Treasure was on Oak Island in Nova Scotia during the Revolutionary War, we would have had to defend Nova Scotia instead of leaving it in the hands of the British. No the treasures were already removed or our Founding Fathers would have died to the last man to defend Nova Scotia.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I still say the treasure was removed from Oak Island before the American Revolutionary War. It ended up in the hands of our Founding Fathers to help finance the war.

What is this belief based on?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This belief is based on knowing.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knowing can be the result of being informed . . . but seeing is believing.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
You know, it seems to me that people here debate this subject for their own personal reasons that have nothing to do with unbiased fact finding. There is too much evidence that points to a pit being made(by man) for some reason. What it was for or what was in it has yet to be determined.

Also, there seems to be some mis-information that people hundreds of years ago were incapable of doing many of the engineering feats it took to create the money pit. Not true. Just look at Roman engineering which was well before any Templar showed his face.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used

The original account spoke of blue clay layers when they dug the pit for the first time. On the Oak island show, they found blue clay layers underground. Therefore, the only way the people who discovered the money pit would know that is if they dug underground.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original account spoke of blue clay layers when they dug the pit for the first time. On the Oak island show, they found blue clay layers underground. Therefore, the only way the people who discovered the money pit would know that is if they dug underground.

How does this prove the existence of a 'money pit'?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The original account spoke of blue clay layers when they dug the pit for the first time.

Which original account? There are now a few, and they don't always agree with each other.

Most of them agree that there was a cipher stone of some sort. No one alive has seen it.

Most of them agree that there were wooden platforms. No one alive has seen them.

All of them agree that there was a pit. No one alive has found it. (Or someone did, but there was nothing in it. Take your pick.)

Shall I continue?

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
The original account is there(regardless of which you choose). If you feel it is incorrect, present your witnesses/proof. I don't understand how this can be so difficult. You can go there, interview the various people in and around the island. You can conduct soil samples, or carbon date any of the material coming out of the pit.

This has been done by the Curse of Oak Island team. It was also done by the Smithsonian as well as other universities.

OR you can sit around and speculate why it isn't true. What I am saying is, all of your arguments are invalid until you have concrete proof. The story is their proof. The testing and data gathered is their proof.

If you are bias, then just say so and we can end this merry-go-round. If you objective, then do your homework and get back to us.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are bias, then just say so and we can end this merry-go-round. If you objective, then do your homework and get back to us.

My homework is done. It has been concluded that there is nothing of any real value on OI. My proof is two hundred years and more of digging and boring and bulldozing and pumping and dynamiting without anything significant being found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread