Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there still an Oak Island museum/visitor's center on the mainland? We stopped there on our honeymoon in 1981. Plenty of photos, letters, drawings and maps, but fewer artifacts on display than I had found in old farm fields. The island itself was closed to tourists at the time. If I lived in NS, it would not be among the top five spots I'd want to detect (Louisbourg area, L'Habitat, etc). I'll still watch - but I don't get many tv channels...

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
>>Finding old artifacts does not lead to a conclusion that people from that same time period were present

Are you suggesting someone brought the bones with them and buried them 100 ft deep 200 yrs after the person died?

Nope, the bones could have been from surface disturbance. It is not undisturbed digging area. The one thing I do believe is that people have been digging around there for about 200 years. Not everything has an easy explanation.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin they found was a Confederate Coin but there has only been about 20 of them found. I could not see them just running down there and finding one that quickly but stranger things have happened.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
>>Finding old artifacts does not lead to a conclusion that people from that same time period were present

Are you suggesting someone brought the bones with them and buried them 100 ft deep 200 yrs after the person died?

Precisely!...The Freemason Admiralty in the British Navy, who were the Depositors, brought back their share of the treasure from Cuba along with Yellow Fever.

They could not allow their treasonous acts to be noticed...so...those sailors building the Oak Island Treasure Pit who died...were placed at the bottom of the pit along with their King James Bibles and personal effects.

There should be a lot more bones where these ones were discovered.

Last edited:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I held my nose and watched last night to study how they would fill the time with meaningless rhetoric, commercials, and the narrator making statements such as, “could it be? Is that really sand on the beach?”.

So far thru 5 seasons and with last night’s episode, they have found items that are common to the area where people have dropped things for hundreds of years. No significance to any of the items or the rocks with ring bolts used to tie up horses in the old days. Of course the cross came from Europe....native Americans didn’t smelt lead. No big “wow” moment there. The constant looks of “wow” from the scripted crew when someone makes a statement about anything are hilarious.

The team using blasts and geo phones found remains of another tunnel dug by previous treasure hunters known to exist....ok...no epiphany there. I anticipate they will also confirm the existence of naturally occurring water tunnels. Last year no chapel vault was found contrary to the narrative last night. Only timber debris from previous searchers who dumped their construction garbage in the holes they were filling back in.

Blankenship and many others have dug up Smith’s Cove (just like the rest of the island) many times in the past and found no flood tunnels, only common structures for the time periods the island was used to fix ships and supply salt. Even Blankenship admitted last year that there has never been an oak island treasure.

This season is yet another rehash of previous seasons in an attempt to keep the hoax relevant to naive viewers.

The fairy tale goes on and the laginas will milk it until viewers realize the show is just another scripted fictional show like ancient aliens...

I was with you until the end. Shame on you sir!

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin they found was a Confederate Coin but there has only been about 20 of them found. I could not see them just running down there and finding one that quickly but stranger things have happened.

The history of confederate coinage has been well researched and the scholarly publications are briefly summarized in the Red Book (pages 222 and 424 in the 2019 edition). The facts are unchanged. Four half dollars were struck as patterns for the Confederacy. One was given to Jefferson Davis for his approval by his sec of the Treasury. One each was given to Prof. Riddell of U. La and E. Ames of New Orleans. One was kept by the chief coiner BF Taylor. The only others were restrikes struck in 1879 and the die noted that only 4 were struck for the Confederacy.

There were a handful of copper-nickle cents struck for the Confederacy by an engraver and die-sinker Robert Lovett Jr in Philadelphia. None of these were released for circulation. Restrikes were made of these also for collectors - in 1874 and 1961.

There were some US Mint 1861-O half dollars that could have been struck from existing leftover planchets at the mint when the Confederacy took over - but these cannot be distinguished from regular US issues and are not considered "confederate coinage".

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I give the History Channel credit for the Season 6 opener. They show items which peak interest and not just a lot of talk. I will watch a few more episodes before placing judgement. I think the History Channel finally learned a little something after 5 seasons of bad scripting. Even the narrator was not quite as annoying as he had been in the past 5 seasons. But still, they pull that Seven people must die B.S. :icon_scratch:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been addictive to say the least. I still want to believe since reading about this some 55 years ago :dontknow:. Time will tell.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The history of confederate coinage has been well researched and the scholarly publications are briefly summarized in the Red Book (pages 222 and 424 in the 2019 edition). The facts are unchanged. Four half dollars were struck as patterns for the Confederacy. One was given to Jefferson Davis for his approval by his sec of the Treasury. One each was given to Prof. Riddell of U. La and E. Ames of New Orleans. One was kept by the chief coiner BF Taylor. The only others were restrikes struck in 1879 and the die noted that only 4 were struck for the Confederacy.

There were a handful of copper-nickle cents struck for the Confederacy by an engraver and die-sinker Robert Lovett Jr in Philadelphia. None of these were released for circulation. Restrikes were made of these also for collectors - in 1874 and 1961.

There were some US Mint 1861-O half dollars that could have been struck from existing leftover planchets at the mint when the Confederacy took over - but these cannot be distinguished from regular US issues and are not considered "confederate coinage".

The silver coin was minted in Tennessee, it is worth of $2,000. Here is the coins history.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/MCDWWjhvPPbzOJcz/www.coinworld.com

The one without a hole upwards of $28,000.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice looking token. Thanks.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Episode 3?...One Step Closer to Where the Freemason's Treasure Vault...Is Located!

Love how they are slowly coming around!

Freemason's Celestial Map March 2018.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
When Was a Medieval Cross Bolt...All A One Piece Metal Shaft?

All my Research shows that early Cross Bolts were made with a Copper Arrow molded onto a Wooden Shaft.

Crossbow Bolts.jpg

It would not make sense to have an all one piece metal shaft...unless you needed it to pierce something strong...like the side of an early sailing ship...to pull it closer for boarding...18th Century...Pirates!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse Of Oak Island Season 6...Episode 3...Number 1 Watched TV Show!

The Curse of Oak Island Season 6.jpg

[FONT=&quot]“Curse of Oak Island” on History Channel, which drew 50 percent more viewers overall outside of the 18-49 demo. Only five shows on cable drew a rating 0.5 or higher among 18-49 year olds. The no. 2 show in overall viewers was Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. Smackdown finished third in overall viewership.

[/FONT]
https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/11/30/smackdown-tops-tuesday-cable-rankings-in-key-18-49-demo-perspective-on-total-viewership-key-metrics-compared-to-past-years-more/

It shows that some Forum Members here are the Only Ones...Sleeping Through It!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some posters on here are lucky and don't know it. I still have not gotten to watch episode 3. Everyone wanting to join or pay and I refuse. So I will have to leave the debate to the posters that have watched the show.

I have been able to prove that the Ark of the Covenant of God was found hundreds of years ago. I have not made the connections from the finding to where it is located today but I am working on it. I however do not believe the Holy Artifacts are still on Oak Island. There may be treasure still on the Island but it is going to be difficult to find the way the Lagina Brothers are going about it. They need more metal detectors than just one and have the whole island searched both with deep seeking metal detectors and coin detectors. They need to drain the swamp and see what is there? I am more interested in the "swamp" than the money pit or the dock harbor in Smith's Cove.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread