Season 6

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
“Curse of Oak Island” on History Channel, which drew 50 percent more viewers overall outside of the 18-49 demo. Only five shows on cable drew a rating 0.5 or higher among 18-49 year olds. The no. 2 show in overall viewers was Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. Smackdown finished third in overall viewership.

In retrospect, it seems entirely appropriate to me that they're competing for viewers, as not only do they share the same time slot, but also the same target market: people who enjoy pageantry and well-produced works of fiction.

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the boulders with the Eye-Bolts found around the island, the island had settlers who built homes so they needed to be able to move building material and supplies up from the shore so I don't think these are necessarily significant. These could be interesting if they can be dated back before 1700s I guess but not expecting much to come from these.

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1656382

“Curse of Oak Island” on History Channel, which drew 50 percent more viewers overall outside of the 18-49 demo. Only five shows on cable drew a rating 0.5 or higher among 18-49 year olds. The no. 2 show in overall viewers was Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. Smackdown finished third in overall viewership.

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/11/30/smackdown-tops-tuesday-cable-rankings-in-key-18-49-demo-perspective-on-total-viewership-key-metrics-compared-to-past-years-more/

It shows that some Forum Members here are the Only Ones...Sleeping Through It!

The time slot is a problem for me as I always watch Rachael. I usually switch back and forth, and then watch them "On Demand" on Wednesday.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Season 6 has prob been the best so far.
They have enhanced the budget 10 fold and are pulling out all sorts of new, cool technology.
So far the finds have been so so but I don't really see them finding much anyways. Couple of cool items but that's about all they will find.
At least they are not flying in all the wackos with crazy ideas like they did in previous seasons.

* What will the new sonic drilling come up with from all the new targets the sonic blasting found?

** What will they find at Smiths Cove with that mega huge and super cool coffer dam?

*** Gotta keep watching to find out!

Oak Island, Maddow or Smackdown? What to watch... so much BS on all three I can't decide!
Eenie Meenie Miney Mo! :tongue3:

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember this :

AB5BD0E1-1DAF-480F-BD82-8D68F1528535.jpeg

That was entertainment from 1965 ...

Today the Oak Island show is modern entertainment ...

Not more ...

I think Josh Gates is coming soon ...

E9EAD9D6-2765-457A-B608-13FB33964EDA.jpeg

Enjoy !

Last edited:
OP
OP
etex

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some posters on here are lucky and don't know it. I still have not gotten to watch episode 3. Everyone wanting to join or pay and I refuse. So I will have to leave the debate to the posters that have watched the show.

I have been able to prove that the Ark of the Covenant of God was found hundreds of years ago. I have not made the connections from the finding to where it is located today but I am working on it. I however do not believe the Holy Artifacts are still on Oak Island. There may be treasure still on the Island but it is going to be difficult to find the way the Lagina Brothers are going about it. They need more metal detectors than just one and have the whole island searched both with deep seeking metal detectors and coin detectors. They need to drain the swamp and see what is there? I am more interested in the "swamp" than the money pit or the dock harbor in Smith's Cove.

Your the lucky one, you didn't watch it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread