The Two Idiots at it Again!

mikest00

Mar 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few things that drive me crazy about this show.
1. Rick Lagina. He always has to have the last word and so desperately wants to be the smartest guy in the room. He also doesn't know how to STFU.
2. The narrator. Repeat. repeat. repeat......How many times can he say the same damn things.
3. The depth at which they are digging. People with hand tools dug that far down on an uninhabited island to hide treasure? Wouldn't 10 feet have been just fine or did they have alien help like the Egyptians?
4. Dan Blankenship. Worthless.

But I'll keep watching. I just use FF a lot more these days.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Rick Lagina. He always has to have the last word and so desperately wants to be the smartest guy in the room. He also doesn't know how to STFU.
2. The narrator. Repeat. repeat. repeat......How many times can he say the same damn things.
3. The depth at which they are digging. People with hand tools dug that far down on an uninhabited island to hide treasure? Wouldn't 10 feet have been just fine or did they have alien help like the Egyptians?

Agree with the fast forward......other than finding a common door hinge, the other 58 minutes of the show was re-hashes from the last two years....as the fictional writers continue losing credibility, shows will only get worse...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Major prediction for next week's show.....after yet another person shows a location where the money pit "REALLY IS", a new hole will be dug....AND.......more wood and junk from previous searches for the hoax treasure will be found.....Both Rick and Dan Blankenship will smell the wood to date it......

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Major prediction for next week's show.....after yet another person shows a location where the money pit "REALLY IS", a new hole will be dug....AND.......more wood and junk from previous searches for the hoax treasure will be found.....Both Rick and Dan Blankenship will smell the wood to date it......

MAYBE...something a little more substantial ;)

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

1. Rick is Rick :laughing7:

2. I like the narrator, great voice !

3. No comment

4. Dan has find the treasure long time ago. This is why he is always smilling at the Lagina.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

And Dan will be smilling ...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cooi-3-2.jpg

Oak Island Script

Rick Lagina: "Or, it could be from George Washington's wooden dentures."

Narrator: "George Washington, on Oak Island? And if so was he chewing Templer Coconut Fiber when he lost his dentures?"

Last edited:

mikest00

Mar 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Rick is Rick :laughing7:

2. I like the narrator, great voice !

3. No comment

4. Dan has find the treasure long time ago. This is why he is always smilling at the Lagina.

I had the wrong Blankenship on my list of things that drive me nuts. Meant to type DAVE BLANKENSHIP not Dan. Dave does nothing....ever.

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clicked on last night just in time to see the “metal detecting expert” find a lock plate and watch his companion wet himself with excitement. Boy was I wrong when I thought it couldn’t get more idiotic. I slapped myself and watched a more credible show on Bigfoot in Ohio.

Last edited:

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did they make Laurel & Hardy look like a couple of Rocket Scientists from NASA? Lol

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we should have an episode on first aid. Remember safety is the first priority. Marty accidentally hits rick in the head with a board. The heavy equipment driver with the beer belly accidentally runs over Rick's foot with the big shovel. The australian digger "accidentally" falls into a bore hole when he and his bu tt kissing helper are jumping over one to see who is braver. Look I found a really old nail and it is a BIG one. The archaeologist puts his foot on a log and says hit it with the sledge to knock the mud off and someone accidentally hits his foot breaking it. They could have an ambulance standing by to take the people to the hospital and a chopper for anyone who is really hurt.

You now with all that mud and water in the cove someone must have tripped and ended up face down in the mud for a second.

Just a novel idea.

We could have nude treasure hunter wrestling but if they do I am not watching anymore.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the last 4 or so posters, and those who liked their posts, remind us why you bother to watch the show?? ???

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time this thread pops up again I start hearing the word "nector" way off in the distance.:BangHead:

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the last 4 or so posters, and those who liked their posts, remind us why you bother to watch the show?? ???

As I've said before ;its like staring at an eclipse ; you know it's bad for your eyes but you do it anyway .

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a professional grade treasure hunter and spent years looking for treasure. I read books on Oak Island and Cocos Island in 1983 to get started. When I got my first detector in the 70s I spent the first 13 days hunting every day for civil war relics. I have researched in more than 20 libraries including the LC and also many archives. I found a shipment of lost US mint coins from the 1800s. I found an empty square hole that had rusty iron in it, no idea. I've spent several thousand hours in the field searching.

That is why I watch and I hope they do find some gold. But I do know what a hole looks like that was recently dug up and something buried there again to be on a TV show. They hardly ever find any junk but this is about all I do find. Naturally watching them dig up junk would be no fun at all. And if you work in a muddy pit all day and have on a clean white shirt something is off. Some artistic license is required for an interesting show. And yes I did work for NASA but I have no PHD. . didn't need one.

Parts of the show are interesting to me. the different methods they use. the problems they confront - the real ones. How do you search underground or under water when you cannot reach or see there. etc ... Yes their methods seem sound and their motivations correct. The area is so dug up and blended it is hard to locate anything close to where the money pit was and even if they do, how would they know. Except for the gold that is. Following an adjacent tunnel back the the exact pit area is a sound strategy. And they are trying to do this but again even the adjacent areas have been dug and blended.

There is some sound thinking behind their methods and actions so I watch. And how do you compress a week of work by 20 different people into an hour long show. And they never show coffee breaks, or lunch, or be right back breaks. Not that this would be interesting.
I do hope they find some gold and let us watch.

It might be easier just to dig up the entire end of the island and create a 200 x 160 foot deep hole. If this can even be done.

So I watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread