🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the find will be another Rail Road spike
that was used to build that 300 year old ship in the swamp
the Templars sailed there :coffee2:

Don't forget to show the Templar King guy walking around a few hundred times more and maybe a shot of the holy covenant.

Sadly - I'll probably have the show on in the background while I lay on the couch and surf treasure net during the winter.

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to show the Templar King guy walking around a few hundred times more and maybe a shot of the holy covenant.

Sadly - I'll probably have the show on in the background while I lay on the couch and surf treasure net during the winter.
Watching this show is like staring at the sun during an eclipse ; you know it’s bad for you , but you look anyway.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought these guys were Canceled.

No you guys decided that there was nothing on the Island, and then cancelled my post because it leads somewhere other than Oak Island, which half of America knows by now

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huh ? Canceled your post ?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these ridiculous shows make a mockery out of treasure hunters. The metal detecting ones cause actual damage. I've been denied permissions more than once because of them, it's embarrassing. I'm not a fan.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i refuse to watch or listen to them and their announcer anymore. sooo, if they do find something i will read about it on the board. man, i so wanted them to figure it out.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
So much bullying here it's unreal. What if someone related to them or they themselves were to see this? Have you no empathy?

I will say this, they are millionaires, how many of you are? How many of you have the courage and conviction to follow your dreams when most the world will ridicule you? It's easy to sit there and bully someone from a computer, or feel you have the safety net of being anonymous, but I hope for your sake that you aren't like this in real life because you will end up a very lonely person.

As for these guys giving treasure hunters a bad name, I find that hard to believe. My reasoning is that this has been on the air for 6 years. Seems to me, people like it. I personally think the show has too much fluff and not enough meat. It isn't perfect.

Whatever the outcome, I hope the best for them. If you don't like the show, don't watch. It's that simple.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much bullying here it's unreal...
Sorry what are you on about? What bullying?... Your post does not seem to relate to this thread at all...

Bullying means: use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone).

Just disagreeing with someone IS NOT being a bully....

Why do you visit and post if you do not like the place?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much bullying here it's unreal. What if someone related to them or they themselves were to see this? Have you no empathy?

I will say this, they are millionaires, how many of you are? How many of you have the courage and conviction to follow your dreams when most the world will ridicule you? It's easy to sit there and bully someone from a computer, or feel you have the safety net of being anonymous, but I hope for your sake that you aren't like this in real life because you will end up a very lonely person.

As for these guys giving treasure hunters a bad name, I find that hard to believe. My reasoning is that this has been on the air for 6 years. Seems to me, people like it. I personally think the show has too much fluff and not enough meat. It isn't perfect.

Whatever the outcome, I hope the best for them. If you don't like the show, don't watch. It's that simple.

I believe the Lagina Brothers had to have some kind of a convincing evidence that they could find treasure or else the History Channel would not have went for another Season 6. I hope they do find lots of treasure. I hope it is not the Holy Relics from Solomon's Temple though. Knight's Templar gold would be nice.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the Lagina Brothers had to have some kind of a convincing evidence that they could find treasure or else the History Channel would not have went for another Season 6. I hope they do find lots of treasure. I hope it is not the Holy Relics from Solomon's Temple though. Knight's Templar gold would be nice.
I would love you to be correct.. But I would not bet any money on it even if the odds were 10,000 to 1.

I am fascinated by the story..... But 30 hours?....

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
But this season they find the first real gold on Oak Island, artifacts that bring to mind ancient Rome, and, and, and I'll be right back after a brief word from our sponsors....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But this season they find the first real gold on Oak Island, artifacts that bring to mind ancient Rome, and, and, and I'll be right back after a brief word from our sponsors....

Yes but they need more than one gold coin after the millions they have spent.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Sorry what are you on about? What bullying?... Your post does not seem to relate to this thread at all...

Bullying means: use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone).

Just disagreeing with someone IS NOT being a bully....

Why do you visit and post if you do not like the place?

Did I say at any point I didn't like "the place"? Calling people idiots and morons sounds a lot like bullying to me. If they were members of this forum, would that be tolerated? THAT is what I'm "on about".

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I say at any point I didn't like "the place"? Calling people idiots and morons sounds a lot like bullying to me. If they were members of this forum, would that be tolerated? THAT is what I'm "on about".

Snowflake

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love you to be correct.. But I would not bet any money on it even if the odds were 10,000 to 1.

10000000 to 1

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

10,000 to 1 for? For that kind of odds someone or actually many someones would of had to have seen something and I would certainly take that bet, I'm just saying. I would think the actual odds should be something like 10,000 to 1 against, hope I don't get called a snowflake.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

"Finding Bigfoot" went 100 episodes. Look how long "Ancient Aliens" has run with all evidence precisely CONTRARY to the show's premise.

Never underestimate the stupidity of network programming executives or the TV audience. If people watch it they will continue to churn out content.

Maybe the Kardashians can take over the dig if the Laginas get tired?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well myself, I believe the Knight's Templar Treasures were on Oak Island. Whether they are still there is a matter which I do not believe. I believe the treasure was removed to a secure location. Later it was removed to at least three other locations. And today it is at a location that it has been at since the early 19th Century. It is getting very close to the time when it will be revealed to the World and when it does, the End will come. So it is not going to be a treasure to be enjoyed for very long.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Although there is evidence that the first nine Templar Knights did search for a decade in the caverns under the alleged site of Solomons Temple it is doubtful they found anything of value to the Church there. They did claim to carry into battle a piece of the "True Cross" and many believe that the Holy Shroud of Turin had been discovered by them, but these items would not have been anywhere in the area of the Temple Mound.
On a mission for the Church to find Artifacts, if they had they probably would have turned them over, at least in the beginning. The Templar Order did not have a falling out with the Church until the early to mid-13th century during the Cathar wars. Many of them were related to the Cathar believers of Southern France and sympathized with them and their beliefs. Refusing to fight against the Cathars while at the same time losing battles in the Holy Land set them at odds with the Church, the King of France and basically Philip's own Pope. What they did find in Palestine was some information that the Cathar Elect also held and the reason for their final downfall.
Personally I believe the much mentioned Ark of the Covenant was taken to Nebuchadnezzar's house around 600BC and is now stored in his attic.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions