The Two Idiots at it Again!

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mel Fisher knew EXACTLY what treasure he was looking for. What it was, when it was lost, approximate location.

At Oak Island no one knows IF or WHAT or WHO may have left anything at all. Kids find a depression beside a tree - must be treasure - because they dug and no one digs unless there is treasure there . . . right?
I always thought it was a flimsy lead, maybe I'm missing something...But my TV always ends up on that station at that time!:icon_thumright:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understood why they only have one metal detectorist on the show? I don't want to step on anyone's toes but he doesn't even dig his own holes!! I know he is really successful but his pants are never dirty!

I still think Metal Detecting is Barred on Oak Island by the Hysterical Society..
& that they are mainly detecting areas that have been dug up and back-filled.

they probably allow him in untouched areas,
when they have the Archie hovering
to stop him if he actually digs something.

Still the Detecting Scenes are the Only Scenes that Interest me.
Though I'm 50/50 on how much he can be Trusted to Not be Planting.

I know he's Overstating the Historical Values of Finds.
Example the Rail Road Spike & the Cross.

The Coins are Cool,, But again, I think Our Members have Found the Same types of Coins.

So far nothing Earth Shattering has been Found there.

& Nothing Deep that can't be Explained by Gravity.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still the Detecting Scenes are the Only Scenes that Interest me.
Though I'm 50/50 on how much he can be Trusted to Not be Planting.

I know he's Overstating the Historical Values of Finds.
Example the Rail Road Spike & the Cross.

The Coins are Cool,, But again, I think Our Members have Found the Same types of Coins.

So far nothing Earth Shattering has been Found there.

& Nothing Deep that can't be Explained by Gravity.
What are your views on the wheeled detector they have brought in. Can detect to 10ft with GPS accuracy. This could be amazing looking for gold nuggets in areas previously checked by people with hand help detectors. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these types of detectors.

If they can actually do what they are claiming this could change metal detecting significantly I would of thought.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally, I think the worst part of the show is the announcer: "Sand? On the beach of Oak Island? Could this be proof that the Knights Templar tracked it on their shoes after retrieving the Holy Grail from the middle east?"

I couldn’t agree more. It’s the same narrator who asks the similarly inane questions on ancient aliens “Double yellow lines on the highway, could these be signals to extraterrestrials? Some ancient alien theorists think so.” How incredibly annoying. And when he asks, they usually show footage of the players looking at one another with a quizzical expression.
HH
dts

MCX

Apr 21, 2018
NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never understood why they only have one metal detectorist on the show? I don't want to step on anyone's toes but he doesn't even dig his own holes!! I know he is really successful but his pants are never dirty!

Ha! I was thinking the same thing...he's got it made. Once he finds a target, someone else does all the manual work...not a bad gig!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are your views on the wheeled detector they have brought in. Can detect to 10ft with GPS accuracy. This could be amazing looking for gold nuggets in areas previously checked by people with hand help detectors. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these types of detectors.

If they can actually do what they are claiming this could change metal detecting significantly I would of thought.

I've seen them being used on several Treasure hunting shows.
seems to me you may need an education on how to read the screens.
and would be a waste of money and time for anything but large
foundations , tunnels, or former dig sites. the machines most likely costs
as much as a new truck. only good for archies who spend tax dollars,
and those that know where to rent one for tv exposure.

They apparently Work.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have seen the hand held kind of those machines. They work the same. The attachment on the top picks up the gps co-ordinates from satellite. We rented a hand held one for about $1600 for a 8 hour day of multiple targets. Myself, these machines are only as good as the operator. I knew where targets were four feet deep and some lying at the surface and our rented machine did not pick them up one the gps locations? They give imagery of colors just like the sound wave explosive machines but ours gave no depth. Archeologist used the explosions about 30 years ago in California to find a trunk of treasure at the back of a tunnel about sixty feet deep in a park. It even showed it at the end of the tunnel about six feet deep covered over in another hole. But of course it was in a park and they said no hunting or digging as the tunnel was sealed.

Last edited:

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
my wife, who still watches , said to me that the metal detector dude with his holy shamoley phrase is more annoying than the narrator. my tv has no bullet hole as of yet as i will not watch them, that means that they will find something. i just know it. ignorance is bliss in my case.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to watch the show today. Right interesting especially about the 14th Century copper, brass and gold with the glass setting. I wish they would gpr all of those locations for a trunk of treasure or tons of treasure. Treasure within a foot of the surface is most likely lost by the landowners in years gone by but something deep may be all together different. Myself I can not see with the money they are spending on heavy equipment why they do not get more metal detectors and more gpr's working those sites. Also they were told the entrance was in the swamp, why are they now spending a million dollars on Smith's Cove. Stupid to me. But I would attack the juggler vein to heck with all of that scientific and heavy equipment.

Also why did they not detect all of the area towards Smith's Cove before covering it over with fill dirt. Bad mistake.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
hey guys, my wife is pulling my chain by using the parental cable box controls to block out all channels but the histoty channel. 745 channels and all i can watch is the crazy oak island dudes. they better find sumpthin tonight. plus, she went to visit relatives this evening. i have been on the computer all day and did not know till now. rrrrrrrrrrrrr.

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, my wife is pulling my chain by using the parental cable box controls to block out all channels but the histoty channel. 745 channels and all i can watch is the crazy oak island dudes. they better find sumpthin tonight. plus, she went to visit relatives this evening. i have been on the computer all day and did not know till now. rrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Get a lawyer ;you are the victim of spousal abuse.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Perhaps she wants you to show her all the evidence of Knights Templar that you dig up and, until now, have failed to recognize as important artifacts. From this show, I have learned that the rusty objects that I pitched in the past, dismissing them as rusty junk in my ignorance, now merit a loud exclamation of "holy schamoley" along with proud displays of such Templar evidence.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Perfect Wife!

Perfect Wife 2.jpg
Your Wife is a Keeper!

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
hey, thanks alot guys. if i am informed that they make any worthwhile discovery, i will admit i was wrong. i want to believe, but i don,t.

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, thanks alot guys. if i am informed that they make any worthwhile discovery, i will admit i was wrong. i want to believe, but i don,t.

No worry about apologizing

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Personally, I think the worst part of the show is the announcer: "Sand? On the beach of Oak Island? Could this be proof that the Knights Templar tracked it on their shoes after retrieving the Holy Grail from the middle east?"
Dead ON!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not they have a different announcer for Episode 4? I have heard him narrate before on Civil War Shows and History Documentaries. I thought he did a great job. All though the show was 90% rehash and 10% of new. But I thought they did a great job of laying out what they are going to reveal in the next four or five shows. If people are going to search for treasure by spending millions of dollars they have my undivided attention when I can at least watch for free. I enjoy their shows whenever I get to watch them. Others have their minds made up because of their past failures but I do not see them as failures. I see it as possible locations they do not have to search again.

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
I think what these guys are doing compared to what was done in the past is great. They are using the latest technology to try and solve this mystery. I think any of us would love the opportunity to go work with them for a day, I know I would. I think about the surrounding islands there also wondering if those islands could possibly have treasure on them as well. You have to wonder why all these symbols and artifacts are on this island. I think calling them idiots are wrong because like I said, if you had the opportunity and the backing to do it, you would too. I wish them the best of luck and hope they solve the mystery of oak island.

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are most certainly entitled to your opinion and thanks for responding.But I would rather have my finger nails removed than spend a minute on the island with those two buffons. And the only mystery of Oak Island is why a channel calling itself "The History Channel" would carry a program that has nothing to do with history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread