Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why such a low number of Knight's Templar? In France alone, over 15,000 were arrested. And as for the Ark of God losing it's power, there is no such thing. God planned everything and is still planning everything. No matter what man thinks, God is in control. When the Ark of God is to be revealed, then will be the Second Coming of Christ Jesus. All though, God will not come to Oak Island for treasure seekers nor will they find any of God's Secrets there.

By the way, Charlie P., King David and King Solomon did exist. From one of your previous post you said he was fictitious and made up. I found where both of them are buried and it is where no one would expect or even think of.

On the contrary... Your Quote ..."From one of your previous post you said he(you meant they) were factitious" Unquote.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the contrary... Your Quote ..."From one of your previous post you said he(you meant they) were factitious" Unquote.

Sorry wasn't me.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it is fun but need more finds to keep me watching, we will see......

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really?, why then did they return it? It was made of gold,
they returned it because it did work and the wished to be away from it, it destroyed their temple to Dogon
but then again maybe its all just myth...............

According to my KJV Bible it was made of "Shittim Wood", sometimes translated as "Shittam" or "Arcadia"

Exodus 25:10And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof. 11And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.[/QUOTE]

Wood with gold leaf.

I'd go with allegory more than myth; but myth works. But hey, maybe Moses made such a thing. (though others are names, more confusion & contradiction). But it's still just a box that was described, by Moses, to have magical powers. Moses, after all, supposedly wrote the first four books of the Bible. So that is one human source for all this good storytelling.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way, Charlie P., King David and King Solomon did exist. From one of your previous post you said he was fictitious and made up. I found where both of them are buried and it is where no one would expect or even think of.

Well you should let the world know because so far they are neither mentioned by any other contemporary cultures or people than in the stories in the Torah/Bible. The Egyptians, who wrote down EVERYTHING, never mention them. Nor do any Greek or Roman texts.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well you should let the world know because so far they are neither mentioned by any other contemporary cultures or people than in the stories in the Torah/Bible. The Egyptians, who wrote down EVERYTHING, never mention them. Nor do any Greek or Roman texts.
Using Egyptian text is not a valid method for determining feasability of a story as historical fact.
take a look at some of Velikovsky’s work

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
According to my KJV Bible it was made of "Shittim Wood", sometimes translated as "Shittam" or "Arcadia"

Exodus 25:10And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof. 11And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.[/QUOTE]

Wood with gold leaf.

I'd go with allegory more than myth; but myth works. But hey, maybe Moses made such a thing. (though others are names, more confusion & contradiction). But it's still just a box that was described, by Moses, to have magical powers. Moses, after all, supposedly wrote the first four books of the Bible. So that is one human source for all this good storytelling.
Since you quoted it, you obviously read it, so why try to deceive everyone?
the lid was solid gold as were the rings and cherubim

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Also, to put the timeline into perspective, the first temple was destroyed around 540 BC
the exodus took place around 1450 BC, it is no suprise that the Romans make no mention of it or the Greeks, :laughing7:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, to put the timeline into perspective, the first temple was destroyed around 540 BC
the exodus took place around 1450 BC, it is no surprise that the Romans make no mention of it or the Greeks, :laughing7:

We were referring to King David and King Solomon (married to the Queen of Sheba - a country which exists only in the Bible as well and there is no map or mention elsewhere). But since the Book of Genesis was put to paper around 500 BC +/-, and was accredited to Moses (as was the Book of Exodus) so it couldn't be any older than that. Although supposedly Moses was born 800 to 1000 years before that(?), so he's probably not really the author . . . or else it was embellished after him.

Athens was founded in 3,000 BC and the Greeks are still around. They conquered the Egyptians in 305 BC. Pretty much covered the whole Old Testament. Plenty of chance to take some notice. The Etruscans if Italy were on the outs by 500 BC, which is when the Romans started happening.

Perhaps the Egyptians failed to notice the Jews left because by 1,500 BC the Pyramids were already 1,000 years old and there wasn't much for all those slaves to be working at. ;-)

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Charlie
you bring up some excellent points, true, the best date of writing of this story is much later than the time infered, however, the first five books of the bible, or Torah have been lost, if they could be found, it would be most enlightening.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
1st off, look around you !! Do you not see the "second coming of Christ" IS in the making ?

It's been in the making for the last 2,000 years, and should have occurred around the time of Jesus...according to Jesus, anyway, but he may have been wrong about it.

OMG, you guys sound like a bunch of evangelists, I'm backing out of this thread!

Stick around. These threads can be a lot of fun.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie
you bring up some excellent points, true, the best date of writing of this story is much later than the time infered, however, the first five books of the bible, or Torah have been lost, if they could be found, it would be most enlightening.

Yes indeed. It's a fascinating study no matter what approach you take to it. Historical. allegorical, theological or linguistic. But even if we had all the pieces it still would bring us no closer to The Truth, because it is the work of men (my opinion). In The Bible and ancient religions there is a tendency that a dream becomes "inspired enlightenment" (i.e. Jacob, John of Revelation, other examples). Maybe it was just a dream? Men try to chop up God into small, understandable pieces in an attempt to "get a handle" on God and God's will or mind. Personally, I don't think a human can comprehend the mind or even methods of The Creator- but I am confident God has it figured out so I am comfortable letting Him worry about the details. There is no real question that evolution occurred and it took longer than a couple days - but no human was around to record it billions of years ago so I can accept an allegorical creation story.

Will anything found on Oak Island get us any closer? Most likely not.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if each galaxy has a god, and if they are all competing for "best of show". If the extra-terrestrials were involved in our development,
they certainly would have wanted to put the "fear of God" in all our minds so that we wouldn't stray from goodness.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I wonder if each galaxy has a god, and if they are all competing for "best of show". If the extra-terrestrials were involved in our development,
they certainly would have wanted to put the "fear of God" in all our minds so that we wouldn't stray from goodness.

An interesting point, especially considering that as far as anyone can tell, humans are the only animals on this planet that place any sort of importance in things that they cannot directly observe.

If you really want to bend your brain, consider whether or not deities have actual power in our world.* Then think about whether they created us, or if we created them. Then contemplate the ramifications of that.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if everyone in the world simultaneously began believing in an omnipotent deity that would guarantee happiness for everyone with no strings attached. It would be practically impossible to test this scientifically, but I'm still dying to know the results anyway.

* It seems that a majority of humans believe this, and have for many thousands of years. We seem to have believed this as a species since before recorded history. I'm not religious and even I believe that deities have actual power in our world, if only because our beliefs shape our actions and our actions shape the world. I also believe that we created them, and continue to create them, and that's why my brain is being bent by the potential of this. I suspect that if everyone believed that our collective problems would be solved, then they would be - by uncountable secular activities for the most part, but it would certainly seem like the actions of an omnipotent deity to the casual observer. Maybe that's also what our ancestors were experiencing when they were discussing successful hunts, drawing pictures of successful hunts on the walls of caves, and then having successful hunts. (And we know that those hunts were successful because if they had not been, then we would not be discussing this.)

I apologize for this minor thread derailment, but our power over our reality is an interesting topic to me.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious, but have I missed something ? I have not heard them discuss draining the swamp for some time now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used the Word Templars one too many times for me Last night.

I Fast Forwarded through most when I saw them on the Beach with the Detector I started watching.

But When the B.S.r with the detector, Magically pulled out the Bolt and suggested it belonged to Knights Templar's,
I Unsubscribed from even Recording it on my DVR.

Just Too Much B.S. for me

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I Fast Forwarded through most when I saw them on the Beach with the Detector I started watching.

But When the B.S.r with the detector, Magically pulled out the Bolt and suggested it belonged to Knights Templar's,

Myself, I believe the Lagina Brother's have already found treasure? First, they keep going to places they have not been before. Why do they not finish up on one of their movie sources before moving on to ten more? The show they did with Petter Amundsen, you know the one where the entrance was located in the swamp. Now if someone wanted to drain a swamp that would be the swamp I would drain. The only good non-metallic signals they have had has been where the solid stones are in the swamp. Yet there is no mention of this, why? I believe the other shows they are doing is a cover to get everyone's attention while the Lagina Brothers are making off with the Knight's Templar Treasures from the swamp. Just my opinion. I have checked and researched Petter Amundsen's work and I can find nothing wrong with it. I do believe that the Knight's Templar buried their treasure right there on Oak Island. I certainly believe and hope that our Fore-Fathers removed it before the American Revolution. And I believe they did but there could still be treasures left behind.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is impossible to use the word Templar too much :BangHead:

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were referring to King David and King Solomon (married to the Queen of Sheba - a country which exists only in the Bible as well and there is no map or mention elsewhere). But since the Book of Genesis was put to paper around 500 BC +/-, and was accredited to Moses (as was the Book of Exodus) so it couldn't be any older than that. Although supposedly Moses was born 800 to 1000 years before that(?), so he's probably not really the author . . . or else it was embellished after him.

Athens was founded in 3,000 BC and the Greeks are still around. They conquered the Egyptians in 305 BC. Pretty much covered the whole Old Testament. Plenty of chance to take some notice. The Etruscans if Italy were on the outs by 500 BC, which is when the Romans started happening.

Perhaps the Egyptians failed to notice the Jews left because by 1,500 BC the Pyramids were already 1,000 years old and there wasn't much for all those slaves to be working at. ;-)

According to current History classes, slavery did not exist until 1861, the South invented it, you must be one of those revisionist historians :occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread