A strong start - season 6

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have many reasons why Coconut Fibre was used on Oak Island during its construction in the 18th Century.

Coconut Fibre is resilient to Sea Water.

It is resistant to Insect and Vermin destruction.

It has an excellent filter ability.

It has a bonding capability much like Fiber Glass.

It has a strengthening ability like Fiber Glass.

It was cheap and readily available in the Caribbean during the 18th Century.

It was light to transport.

It was an excellent packing material to secure cargo.

It was a good insulation within Tunnels to prevent freeze up.

These are just some of the reasons why the Freemason Depositors would choose this exceptional fibre for their usage.

How does the dating of the Fibre found on Oak Island work with your own theory?

Cheers, Loki

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Yet another MEH episode.....58 minutes of repeating scripted lines/video from previous episodes, etc. and all they had to show in the two new minutes was trash left over from all the other digs which long ago proved there was never a pit with treasure...

yes, that's the one thing that annoys me about this series. Every hour show has only about 15 minutes of new stuff and all the rest is rehash like they don't realize they have regular viewers? or they just don't have enough to make up a full show. Thank heavens for DVR & Fast Forward cuz I still can't stop watching it

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How does the dating of the Fibre found on Oak Island work with your own theory?

Cheers, Loki

That is the one snare...in my Theory!

Freemason Theory:

If the Carbon Dating is correct...Then my only explanation is that the Core Fibre was being reused as Cargo Fibre passed down from the Portuguese and Spanish Ships travelling from the East Indies to the West Indies.

or

The Carbon Dating of these Fibres showed incorrect dating.

The Buzzard...Olivier Levasseur's Theory.

No Problem...he came from...Madagascar.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1696507

Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, March 26, 2019

ShowNetTimeTotal viewers (000s)18-49 rating
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,4980.8

Thanks for confirming that the show is a scripted reality show with paid actors created to generate revenues from advertising investors.....not unlike how previous companies and individuals milked investors out of money with the hoax.

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for confirming that the show is a scripted reality show with paid actors created to generate revenues from advertising investors.....not unlike how previous companies and individuals milked investors out of money with the hoax.

now that is just a stupid thing to say. the green monster sure has a firm hold on you

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt. Ask the Restalls how much money they walked away with..let alone while living on the island with no electricity for 5 years also all the while with only boat transportation back to mainland.. Yeah they milked all the investors and got rich. Just more ranting from singlestack..

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Carnies aren't generally respected for their financial prowess.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt. Ask the Restalls how much money they walked away with..let alone while living on the island with no electricity for 5 years also all the while with only boat transportation back to mainland.. Yeah they milked all the investors and got rich. Just more ranting from singlestack..
You make a good point re Restalls.. But you must wonder what piece/s of "evidence" convinced him there was a buried treasure there... Enough to commit everything into looking for it....

It is easy to read a story or watch a show and believe that treasure may be buried in a location...but to commit his whole family to such a Spartan existence with no actual evidence of treasure....

I cannot fathom the thinking of such men... I admire the drive to pursue a dream... However to commit everything I would want some pretty convincing evidence that I had a reasonable chance of getting a return..

I admire people like Robert Restall, Fred and Dan but do not understand them...

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Carnies aren't generally respected for their financial prowess.

I think your missing the point with n2mini's comment. Mr. Wonder is claiming the past Oak Island treasure hunters milked the investors and became rich in the process. Quite the contrary, right or wrong, it was actually what could be called "a labor of Love"! I don't think "carney knowledge" had anything to do with it.
Mr. Wonder only sees the evil in all of these men and his hatred of them is quite obvious.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the current example is "milking" the Oak Island legend (otherwise it would have been a 60 minute documentary released AFTER any find); and possibly some of the others did "salt the claim" with some embellishment for investors. (Like calling everything a "Bobby Dangler" instead of "metal trash"). But I do truly believe most who have searched there were honest kooks who did in their hearts believe treasure was there. Saw through rose-colored glasses the flood tide wash-in wood trapped in a sink-hole that later silted in as "platforms", etc. Sometimes just because there is "the appearance of improprierty" it does not guarantee fraud.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and I'm sure back in the day, it was more easily to believe in buried pirate, religious, etc treasure then it is today. As no one ever found it the people into the 1900's figured it was still there...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your missing the point with n2mini's comment. Mr. Wonder is claiming the past Oak Island treasure hunters milked the investors and became rich in the process. Quite the contrary, right or wrong, it was actually what could be called "a labor of Love"! I don't think "carney knowledge" had anything to do with it.
Mr. Wonder only sees the evil in all of these men and his hatred of them is quite obvious.

Cheers, Loki

mr. blossom......I have no more hatred for these scripted reality show actors or the previous hoaxers than I do for the folks on keeping up with the kardashians......they’re all in the business of entertainment for money. Whether it be bruce jenner (I mean caityn) getting a new pair of high heels or gawee pulling out another planted bobbie dazzler, it’s all an attempt to get folks to watch a show and get advertiser dollars....

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting tired of the endless digs without finding anything important. Even a blind dog could find a dead rabbit?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! In tonight’s episode they dig under the area that the crane has been sitting on.......Guess the show’s producers didn’t review the multitude of photos showing the entire area from Smith’s Cove inland being dug up many, many, times to great depths with nothing found. Of course the producers are hoping that most of the viewers have not done their research on the island and maybe believe in the hoax.

What bobbie dazzler will gawee unplant tonight......

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On tonight's show the Bobby Dazzler was a rusty lock. They used some random lines drawn through parts of Nolan's Cross (ignoring the center stone completely). And for all the 'cans' they've sunk and excavated, they could have sunk a large circle of cans spanning the whole area. They they couldn't have missed the fabled money pit. Excavation Shoring Construction & Trench Shoring Company(top picture)

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are making that drilling company look like a bunch of incompetent morons... This company did not notify the Laginas of the potential strike... Even after they went on strike the company did not even ring Laginas and tell them no drilling was happening... That everyone had gone home. The Laginas did not find out until they arrive one morning. After spending millions with this company. Surely that must be the WORST customer service ever... Or are THEY JUST LYING TO US AGAIN? both cannot be true...

Talk about clutching at straws they get in a new looney who draws a few lines and says dig here... But they found wood so he must be right.... GG1 was a failure.. I wonder why they thought there small holes they dug last season that showed nothing was there were wrong. That a big hole would surely find somethibg.

This latest hole (site 3 - don't even bother naming the holes any more) is just a looney drawing lines in the middle of ...... So all the research of everyone else as to the pit location was wrong.. But we will not now get the answer until season 7 because the strike stopped us finding the treasure this year.......

Yep I am sure the old lock was on the treasure chest of the old privateer. Go get those keys and I bet they open it.... Even better dig a deeper whole and get the rest of his chest..

Sorry if I am sounding so cynical but really they are taking the audience for granted a bit the last few episodes. I wish they would just tell the truth. OI is interesting with all the deceptions...

On the plus side the history is amazing. The amount of effort spent with all that wood they are pulling out of 100+ feet deep is incredible. There is no doubt that groups of people have put amazing levels of effort into the search over the last 200+ years. Some of those beams they are removing are massive..

I reckon that wood/structure they are finding (next episode) in Smiths Cove under the crane platform were left by Robert Restall. I would bet a considerable amount of money they are from searchers.

Well todays episode pretty much confirms they are having a season 7....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread