n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
But they would have had all the dirt from excavating the alleged tunnels and pit. Why create an additional borrow pit?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swamp.jpg

If this is all they have it seems a pretty big call to say this is a ship I would think...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But they would have had all the dirt from excavating the alleged tunnels and pit. Why create an additional borrow pit?

That what I'm trying to get across. Instead of having to dig the flood tunnel. It was just buried from the dirt in the area of the swamp before it was a swamp...Thus creating a swamp... Same as some or part of the MP area possibly.. Instead of digging down just fill in. Would have been much easier..

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I did see a commercial last night watching Forged in Fire about a Digging Deeper episode with Matty.... usually they are review shows to go over this, that or the other. Why would they save this "BIG" find to do after the season finally?

I'm gonna guess no but will watch as I am a sucker for punishment! LOL :occasion14:

The you will love episode 22, the BS connection with the appeal to heaven tree and the 13 colonies, these idiots can’t even count, there are 18 branches on the stone carving....not 13 as Marty indicated.
such BS.

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night was pretty much what I expected. So there might be a sunken ship or some other manmade thing in the swamp. After the years of hyperbole, I don't think I'd be all that thrilled if there actually was a ship. So what? If the island was used for ship repair or other industrious purposes (other than treasure caching) it wouldn't be that "history altering". And how do you spend 10 seconds pointing out there is what appears to be "a door to a stair that leads to a basement or tunnel" that leads toward the money pit and never speak of it again!? They didn't even show a graphic like they had for the swamp thing! I'm guessing because it's Eagle Canada spouting more tales like the manmade chambers and tunnels they supposedly found with their seismic testing of the money pit area.

In other words, last night's big reveal was no different than any other episode of this show. Smoke and mirrors.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just reading this guys summary of the last episode of season 6. Thought it was quite good/funny. Here is an extract...

-Travis City Michigan War Room (who knew?): Matty the Middle Schooler bounced into the room and went around the table asking everyone " How are you feeling?" like they just returned from a traumatic event in the article circle and almost died..they all seemed to be exceptionally cheerful with their numerous accomplishments this season. I had no idea what they are talking about because they discovered nothing other than dirt, big rocks, and old wood......if you will.

-Next, 3 Eagle Canada men wearing suits, aka "The Detonators" came in to present their 6-week computer crunching data analysis with IBM XT's and hard drives...oddly, two looked like identical twins (could it be?)both bald and wore exact same glasses..looked like clones to me. Our Viking descendant also showed up, looking dapper in his Big & Tall Suit. Who knew he could clean up so good? Their latest hypothesis for us to swallow in one big gulp is the discovery of an old sea-faring 200' ship in the Stinky Swamp--it was so outrageous that Marty had to spell the words --S-H-I-P. because he would start crying after laughing so hard. Jawbeard Jack and Matty the Middleschooler looked like kids about to go outside and play again. Hope they buy lots of bottles of Tide detergent as they will get dirtier and smellier than ever before. Maybe it's actually an Alien ship? Time to bring back the Texas Rodeo Guy, aka "Travis the Astrophysicist" to tell us all about "As Above So Below" so we can hijack their flying/boating technology and put Boeing/US Navy Ships out of business.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OakIsland/comments/bm70dt/drilling_downdigging_deeper_into_madness_episode/

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the whole a disappointing season in my view.

The only actual finds were things found before.

1. Possible find of 90 ft stone (Which offered nothing in terms of treasure information)
2. More wacko theories
3. More junk that shows OI has been inhabited for a long time (gigging spear prong, old costume jewelry etc)
4. Evidence that the lead cross was made on OI (same lead found in other junk)
5. Proof that the earliest structures found in Smiths Cove were quite recent (only 25 years before the pit was found the trees were cut down)
6. Mountains of old wood.
7. Evidence that there is a connection of water between SC and the money pit. (but they also proved that most of the water in the pit is not coming from Smiths Cove)
8. A couple of anomalies (most likely natural) found in seismic mapping of swamp.

So now in 87 episodes the Laginas have still not found a single piece of evidence of treasure being buried on OI....

I cannot believe they have enough material to do another season.....

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
But you're all forgetting something. According to all the other excavations near the coast, the water has risen significantly over the centuries. So what now is swamp would not have been 300+ years ago. Lowland maybe, but not swamp. I think the swamping occurred as the levels rose as did the water table and drainage system (natural) not man made.
Or..... the swamp was created when the money pit first flooded.

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I missed the show Tuesday night. Did I miss anything important??

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed another falsehood by Laginas

appeal-to-heaven.jpeg

They claimed this carving had the same number of branches as this tree picture. Cleary it does not. Not even close...

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw that too. They said they both had 13 and when he started to count them, he got up around 10 and had a bunch more to go and he kinda started to mumble the numbers before he went off on another topic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread