A strong start - season 6

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched the first episode and was quite impressed. They actually did some stuff and did not just go over everything in the past.

A lot of interesting possibilities were explored... The shorts for the season also seemed interesting (Time will tell I suppose)

The tech is pretty amazing. Those wheeled metal detectors. Are people using them to find gold nuggets etc. What they said they could do seemed pretty impressive.

The explosive mapping was pretty cool. Is it truly NEW that what they are doing there has not been done elsewhere. Was the NEW bit just it should show more shallow depths? Seems like this should of been tried before they started digging all there holes.

I am really looking forward to finding the answer to the Smith Cove riddle.

I still do not believe they will find treasure but I was impressed with episode one and look forward to the season. Still 30 episodes... I cannot see all of them being good. Fingers crossed I suppose.

But a good first episode...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched the first episode and was quite impressed. They actually did some stuff and did not just go over everything in the past.

A lot of interesting possibilities were explored... The shorts for the season also seemed interesting (Time will tell I suppose)

The tech is pretty amazing. Those wheeled metal detectors. Are people using them to find gold nuggets etc. What they said they could do seemed pretty impressive.

The explosive mapping was pretty cool. Is it truly NEW that what they are doing there has not been done elsewhere. Was the NEW bit just it should show more shallow depths? Seems like this should of been tried before they started digging all there holes.

I am really looking forward to finding the answer to the Smith Cove riddle.

I still do not believe they will find treasure but I was impressed with episode one and look forward to the season. Still 30 episodes... I cannot see all of them being good. Fingers crossed I suppose.

But a good first episode...

I have not got to see the show yet. They want to charge on the History Channel or join clubs on the other youtube. I guess nothing is free anymore?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man they need to free the beast and let drayton comb the whole island. He's found more than everyone combined for the last 350 years. I would love to pound that lot 8 on the ialand.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get why they spend millions on exploration, yet only have 1 metal detector ---go figure

captjackny

Nov 9, 2016
Upstate NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. They had more packed into this show that all of last year. very interesting to see the technology be put to use.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not got to see the show yet. They want to charge on the History Channel or join clubs on the other youtube. I guess nothing is free anymore?

Yes, Virginia...There still is a Santa Claus...and its other name is...Flixtor

https://flixtor.to/

Free High Definition for The Curse of Oak Island and Drilling Down...best is no commercials.

Down side...its from the internet so use a good AntiVirus (never had a problem), the show is put on 1 day after airing...use Google Ad Block...enjoy watching this show how it was intended!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Virginia...There still is a Santa Claus...and its other name is...Flixtor

https://flixtor.to/

Free High Definition for The Curse of Oak Island and Drilling Down...best is no commercials.

Down side...its from the internet so use a good AntiVirus (never had a problem), the show is put on 1 day after airing...use Google Ad Block...enjoy watching this show how it was intended!

Thank you for the link. Incredible show. Looks like they are finally going to find treasure.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dam, I fell asleep 3x trying to watch it. It did look good but the beer was good as well and it was late.
I think I got 20 - 30 mins in. Gotta start earlier. Usually its all fluff and filler... guess that was what I was expecting.
Lets all grab our detectors and head up. Could do the whole island in 1/2 day but that would not make for 30 shows.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are good at stretching the shows out---showing the same thing 2 or 3 times

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get why they spend millions on exploration, yet only have 1 metal detector ---go figure
Yep.. Good point.. Given that most of what they claimed are important finds were found with the metal detector...

That wheeled one seems pretty amazing. Do any members here have experience with a detector like that?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did end up watching all of it last night and like some others, I was Impressed!
Probably the best episode ever. Minimal rehash, minimal narrator annoyance, lots of Jack enthusiasm!

Very interesting tech going on there.
Like the sonic blasting! Will this finally show the Chapel vault? Will this reveal the Mythical flood tunnels? Stay tuned to find out!
Irving does it again as well. Awesome VR of the plans for Smiths cove. That was wicked pissah! My son was watching with me and said that would be a cool thing to get into. I said yea, look into it!

The VR of the cranes and the sick coffer dam look promising to finally show what is there.
Will it reveal the mythical flood tunnels letting the shut em down finally? What is that ancient U shaped object Dan found so many years ago? Will it be a ancient alien tech UFO port? Templar boat launch? I gotta know!!

** I have a funny feeling that the base where they have the 2 huge cranes will have something underneath it and they wont be able to look/research it cause 2 100tton cranes are on top of it!!! **

The 20' wheeled detector they were scanning the cove with did look cool. Of course Peter is so boaring and just a puppet... I would have been digging when they said a HUGE hit right here but he is just a puppet after all.
Gary is so good at finding Bobby Dazzlers... my son laughed, looked it up and showed me the funniest pic.

BD.jpg

Was laughing so hard... Too funny!
One MD guy will take 30 shows to do the island and then have Laird come over and go Duhhh, yep. Looks old. Another sock puppet!
Cant wait to see what that broach was that they found. Will it be tied to Marie Antwonettes chasity belt? I hope so!
Tune in next week!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
took me 10 minutes to Fast Forward Through Last nights show.
Didn't see anything Interesting.

LOL On the Jewelry !

After Last seasons Railroad Spike B.S.

It's possible They could have found a Carnival Ring With a stone made of Paste,
Lost by some Child on a Tour a Month before he detected it.
And Claimed it was Ancient. :dontknow:

Sorry ! I have lost all trust in them, & Predict this may be my Last season watching this show. :(

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I found it more interesting than the past 5 seasons. Maybe it's just me, but it seemed that the show has changed a little, maybe they have been taking suggestions and finally, slowly using them. It just did not seem as annoying as the past. Maybe the narrator has cut back as well. For whatever reason, the show has gotten my attention. Just my opinion at this point.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL On the Jewelry !

Sorry ! I have lost all trust in them, & Predict this may be my Last season watching this show. :(

Yup. I fell asleep watching last night's episode. Too much talk & speculation and not enough actual detecting.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far this season has been a....Bobby Dazzler !:)

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011

LOL On the Jewelry !

A glass stone in a electroplated copper broach from the 1870's is now determined to be from 1350 because of design elements...... They have determined that the lead from the sinker is from Europe so it must be templars.....

The timbers they find will have roman numerals on them so it must be the Romans that put timbers at the cove and not some previous searchers convinced that there where box/flood tunnels.

If it was not for being able to record it and fast forward I would not watch it.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice the symmetry of the u-shaped rocks with the new coffer dam. Perhaps it is an old coffer dam protecting the tunnel inlet?
It would have been disassembled enough to let the high tide take over, Remember, the sea level was lower back then because there was no global warming. Call Marty!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice the symmetry of the u-shaped rocks with the new coffer dam. Perhaps it is an old coffer dam protecting the tunnel inlet?
It would have been disassembled enough to let the high tide take over, Remember, the sea level was lower back then because there was no global warming. Call Marty!

There never was a “tunnel inlet”. This was a falsehood created by the many folks promoting the oak island hoax attempting to convince investors to give them more money. Sort of like the current show....they find/plant a common trinket then spend many episodes milking the storyline to keep folks watching so that the sponsers keep purchasing commercials....

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rick & Marty comedy show season 6

Attachments

• DFDBEDBA-0B81-4BCE-B6F7-A2878DB8D49F.jpeg
    DFDBEDBA-0B81-4BCE-B6F7-A2878DB8D49F.jpeg