Templar Research

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not understand why Rick wanted all that old ladies research on her wacko theories. What is the point on trying to find evidence of Templars visiting Oak Island to bury treasure if there is NO EVIDENCE of any treasure being buried there.

To me it looked like the guy was relived to get rid of the clutter of paperwork. I would bet money that this stuff is just stored in boxes and never looked at again. I cannot see Rick sitting there going over hundreds of boxes of old notes looking for evidence on oak Island that the old lady could not find after spending years on it.

My sympathies to her family but do not believe that her research has added anything to the Oak Island story....

There is ZERO evidence of the KT ever visiting OI.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More items for the museum :icon_thumright:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I do not understand why Rick wanted all that old ladies research on her wacko theories. What is the point on trying to find evidence of Templars visiting Oak Island to bury treasure if there is NO EVIDENCE of any treasure being buried there.

To me it looked like the guy was relived to get rid of the clutter of paperwork. I would bet money that this stuff is just stored in boxes and never looked at again. I cannot see Rick sitting there going over hundreds of boxes of old notes looking for evidence on oak Island that the old lady could not find after spending years on it.

My sympathies to her family but do not believe that her research has added anything to the Oak Island story....

Reality doesn't change, but our perceptions of it can. Sometimes reality doesn't appear to make sense. When this happens, it's usually because you're viewing it through the wrong filter.

Right now, you're using a filter that assumes that Rick is in the business of looking for treasure. Viewed through this filter, reality doesn't make sense. Instead, use a filter that assumes that Rick is in the business of making a television show about looking for treasure, and then many of the logical oddities of this particular reality will make more sense.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Absolutely wrong! There is evidence in the "coconut fibre" that has been identified and dated to the correct time period. Although there is some questions as to how the identity and dating of the material was accomplished and perceived it is still evidence, (notice I didn't say proof). If it is ever actually proven to be coconut fibre and the dating of the material to be fairly accurate I would call it very solid evidence indeed. The facts are, first, that coconut fibre did not grow naturally anywhere in the Atlantic Basin (according the consensus of most experts) until introduced by Europeans in 1499, well after the time period in question. The only known origin that could possibly have a connection to the Northwestern Atlantic in the correct time period (without wild speculation in 14th century Chinese exploration) would be from the Eastern Mediterranean. The only people trading in the Eastern Mediterranean and traveling the length of that sea and into the Atlantic was the Knights Templar. Those that say what about the Norse are greatly mistaken, check your datings! Also, it is well known that several Templar vessels (the number of 18 has been used) left the Port of La Rochelle in 1307 and disappeared. And, btw the Knights Templar controlled La Rochelle since 1139. Another point is that the Templars, at the time (1307) had a good reason to disappear, which many did with, after the arrests of 1307, some 2500 unaccounted for in France alone.

I would call on anybody who can to have the coconut fibre positively identified through dna and that particular sample dated. I know there is a sample in the Oak Island Museum of which I was offered a little to test many years ago. At the time I didn't think any of this would go on this long, and I also had accepted the testing already done as accurate.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there is zero evidence, then how did the "Tree of Life Stones" get in their exact positions? How did the stones align with star charts of the "Northern Cross" a Christian Symbol and would have been "Holy Ground" to the Knight's Templar. Sorry but I believe the Knight's Templar have been in this country hundreds of years before Christopher Columbus.
There are evidence of them being all over the Eastern Coast of the US and as far west as Arizona and New Mexico. The Kingsington ruin stones found at the end of the nineteenth century with the "hooked X" as some are making fun of on this forum is verifiable proof of the Knight's Templar coming to America.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely wrong! There is evidence in the "coconut fibre" that has been identified and dated to the correct time period....

The only known origin that could possibly have a connection to the Northwestern Atlantic in the correct time period would be from the Eastern Mediterranean....

The only people trading in the Eastern Mediterranean and traveling the length of that sea and into the Atlantic was the Knights Templar....
And you believe this is EVIDENCE of the KT visiting Oak Island? Sorry that is not evidence of anything other then coconut fibers were found on OI....

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And you believe this is EVIDENCE of the KT visiting Oak Island? Sorry that is not evidence of anything other then coconut fibers were found on OI....

Yes I do, and I am sorry that you are still wrong. I believe that if the evidence as I describe it was presented to an intelligent and unbiased observer he or she would come to the conclusion that with a positive identification of the material as coconut fibre it would be considered viable evidence of a Knights Templar landing on Oak Island! The problem would be in finding an unbiased observer on this forum.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there documentation of the Knights Templar using coconut fiber for anything while they were in France or the Middle-East?

Finding the fiber does not lead to a connection with any one organization. Except maybe the Coast Guard (coconut fiber was used in WWII Lifejackets).

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there documentation of the Knights Templar using coconut fiber for anything while they were in France or the Middle-East?

Finding the fiber does not lead to a connection with any one organization. Except maybe the Coast Guard (coconut fiber was used in WWII Lifejackets).

Always wondered if a storm or ocean currents could have carried it there?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all it would take is a pocket of coconut fibers, just like the trash pockets of today, and a storm to blow it into the island. right? and it only stuck around in the sheltered area of the islands coast. I dunno just spitballing ideas here.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or maybe a ship using them as packing sunk near there and it got washed or blown in? who knows?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Finding the fiber does not lead to a connection with any one organization.

Sure it does. If found in North America it had to have been used by somebody who could have traveled from the Middle East or the Indian Ocean area to North America. Somebody who traded in the Middle East during the proper time period, and had the ability to carry it to North America during that same time period. And just a btw, the Norse did not trade in the Middle East during that proper time period, and nobody of record sailed from the Atlantic Basin to the Indian Ocean at that time. The Knights Templar did trade and operate in the Eastern Med. and had a major operation on Cyprus during the early 14th century, they sailed from Cyprus to France with a small fleet in early 1307, and disappeared from France that same year with vessels completely capable of crossing the North Atlantic. So, they were in the right places, at the right time, used the correct material, had the motive, and most importantly, no other group fits the mold.

Cheers, Loki

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ship traded in the Eastern Mediterranean and sailed the Atlantic in the 13th and early 14th century.

Cheers, Loki

yeah your probably right, I like my floating trash theory better too.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Coconut fiber , coir, was a common component in ship construction, it was used as caulking fiber between the planks of the hull as well as other seals where it was desired to keep water tight.
it is also the only natural fiber that is resistant to salt water, so it would have been used right up to the industry use of chemicals and plastics, about the 1950’s
Oak Island still looks like an early ship yard to me.
and this could have happened with or without the Templars.

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.IF I could somehow trade in ALL the Negative Vibes on this thread for cash.I'd be Rich !:occasion14:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Haha

Attachments

• E4F1CED4-E02D-43F8-AB51-371046E76A97.jpeg
    E4F1CED4-E02D-43F8-AB51-371046E76A97.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 274

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From where, India?

Cheers, Loki

Or from a ship torpedoed in the North Atlantic in WWI or WWII. Carbon dating fails when applied to organics exposed to salt water. Look it up. It can cause a 400 to 1,000 year error. Radiocarbon dating requires an organism die (that's when metabolism stops). But an object exposed to seawater keeps getting saturated with ions that mess up the sample. That's why a lab should have come collect multiple sample, not someone grab a handful and take it to the lab; even if they tried to be honest about where it was collected. Opens the sample up to contamination and poor collection (and chain of evidence/custody). The oceans themselves are VERY old and awash with old radiocarbons in solution.

According to a study published in 1972 by J. Mangerud, global variation in marine radiocarbon reservoir effect evident in shell carbonates are due to the incomplete mixing of upwelling water of “old” inorganic carbonates from the deep ocean where long residence times of more than 1,000 years cause depletion of carbon 14 activity through radioactive decay, resulting in very old apparent carbon 14 age.

https://www.radiocarbon.com/marine-reservoir-effect.htm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread