I can't believe I am still watching this show

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
carrying a
serious-looking, d-handled, Lesche-looking shovel...!

...Would like to see more "expert" Metal Detectorists join the show....find Real TREASURE, in no time...!! Right?

Those are the new, hot garden tool shovels this year. They're root busters. I have two of them (cedar tree roots and prairie grass are a bit*h). $20-30 at homedepot, walmart, or any other big box store.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"It is the current spelling of what was claimed to be the local Native American name for the Catskills, meaning “hills of the sky.” In truth, however, the name “Onteora” is fake. Henry Rowe Schoolcraft invented it in 1844 (as “Ontiora”) to de-Dutch the Catskills. It didn’t take but was applied locally to give a faux-Native veneer to a summer resort community.

"It really beggars belief that Halpern [and Ruh] accepts that a medieval Englishman, Ralph de Sudeley, had his memoir of an American voyage entitled The Onteora Document, given that the name was invented in 1844 and only took on its modern spelling after 1870."

---Jason Colavito (2017)

The signature of Ralph de Sudeley was verified as authentic. The document is authentic. Roger de Hereford mentioned "Onteora" in 1179. I have not been able to find a copy yet. Still looking. But "Onteora" has been used since before 600 BC. Some people can look at a ten dollar bill and say it is a quarter. They can always find something to critique about.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The signature of Ralph de Sudeley was verified as authentic. The document is authentic. Roger de Hereford mentioned "Onteora" in 1179. I have not been able to find a copy yet. Still looking. But "Onteora" has been used since before 600 BC. Some people can look at a ten dollar bill and say it is a quarter. They can always find something to critique about.

... and some people can loo at a quarter and say it's a ten dollar bill. If the name "Onteora" has been in use since before 600 BC, then you should have no problem in providing me with, say, five independent and credible sources verifying that.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Onteora" is a park and a township in NY . . . though I admit I haven't been keeping up with what it has to do with Oak Island.

https://hudsonvalleyone.com/2016/06/23/indian-mascot-supporters-opposition-clash-at-onteora/

The origin of the name Onteora was debated – whether it was from Native American meaning, or “just made up by some white guy,” as one person titled it. History of the area was talked about by both sides, with mentions of its rich Native American legacy…however one side of the argument called it “Indian,” culture, with the other side using the title, “Native American.” Some audience members wore tee shirts with the words, “Save the Indian,” written on the front.
Student Ali Baily said, “Native Americans expect us to get it right already, especially since it was one Italian white guy, Amerigo Vespucci who in the 1400’s corrected Columbus and told the world that this was not the Indies, but the New World which was Native America. Therefore people living here are indeed Native Americans, not Indians, OK?” More hearty applause.

Here's a map from the 1600's of local names - at least according to the Dutch. The lower area west of the Hudson is the Katts Kill (Cats Creek) region. Espous is about dead center.

native-Map_Excerpt_from_Map-Novi_Belgii_Nov%C3%A6que_Angli%C3%A6_(Amsterdam.jpg

Hudson Valley's Tribal History - Hudson Valley Magazine - July 2016 - Poughkeepsie, NY

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I have a problem with posters wanting someone to prove something to them. This is a forum to talk if you want proof pay someone to find it for you. You can ask all you want but we do not have to supply any proof or any information to you or any other poster that we do not want to. So ask all you want. I do not need proof like some people I know when something is right and when something is wrong. And the Cremona Document is right.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, I DID see an episode, where they brought in an "expert" metal detectorist, and I remember thinking to myself, "well then, I must be an EXPERT detectorist too, maybe even a little more so. Based of course on what I was seeing. Along with what you other fella's pointed out.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you got a big coil, can swing 6" to 1' above the ground and a top pocket for finds... you are close.
Practice saying key terms like Bobby Dazzler and Holy Schmolie and then you are an Expert Detector!

**He's my MD hero!!** :occasion14:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got a big coil, can swing 6" to 1' above the ground and a top pocket for finds... you are close.
Practice saying key terms like Bobby Dazzler and Holy Schmolie and then you are an Expert Detector!

**He's my MD hero!!** :occasion14:

Ha ha.. I think this may be appropriate for the bald dude that carries his shovel..

ltntrnjhslkzyjdb.jpg

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha ha.. I think this may be appropriate for the bald dude that carries his shovel..

View attachment 1667955

Hey! Jack is awesome. So much enthusiasm for such a bleak situation.
He is one of the best parts of the show and has such and epic beard.... my son calls it the Begley beard. :laughing7:

Maybe we should take away Dreyton's 3030 and give him and Ace 250. That would be funny,

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He needs a "Power Ranger" one like MacKenzie Crook had to use in "The Detectorists" when he pawned his good unit.

Only instead of saying "It's Morphing Time!" for a target alarm it should say "It's Templer Treasure!"

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good one Charlie!

Lets change the title to:

Bobby Dazzler and the Templar Treasure! :occasion14:

Same show with that title I would DEF watch!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread