Prince Henry Sinclairs 1398 Journey to Oak Island - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: Prince Henry Sinclairs 1398 Journey to Oak Island

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2015
    1432 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    is a fabrication built up around the name of the historical figure. Like "Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Slayer"......
    What!!! I thought that he was Buffy's Great Great Great Grandfather... What else about US history is not true.... Next you will be telling me George Washington did not cut down a cherry tree and cowboys did not really wear cowboy hats...
    Charlie P. (NY), Nitric and chub like this.
    Live the moment...

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6776 times
    George Washington did not cut down the Cherry Tree. "Cherry" in gematria is 75 which is "SKULL" and of course "Tree" is symbolic of the "Cross of Jesus" Golgotha, "Place of the SKULL" which is where "JESUS" was crucified. Everything has a hidden meaning if you search for it.
    Toecutter likes this.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13035 times
    Metal Detecting

But, "Cherry" in Hebrew is דובדבן; which is 68. Another Hebrew word which equals 68 is מאה אחוז. Hebrew for "Entirely".

And ENTIRELY is how off the topic of Oak Island all of this thread is so far.

(PS - I believe I did the above calculation and translation correctly. But as gematria it is a silly concept I may be off - but neither do I care. It has no basis in nature or science).
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Jan 10, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Toecutter likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Well reasoned and delightfully brutal

Mar 2008
    WA
    Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
    1928 times

I believe at the time the title would have been "Jarl" as Orkney was under Norwegian control. A Jarl is equivalent to an Earl. Nobleman but short of a prince or king.
    This. The term/title "earl" is actually probably derived from jarl.

Being a jarl was not a right, but rather a privilege. It carried certain obligations with it, and if a jarl did not meet those obligations they could expect that title (and the perks that came with it) to be stripped. My next question, and one that I've answered on this forum numerous times in in the past, is what sorts of obligations came with jarldom. This question is not aimed at you, Charlie. You're directing the conversation in the right direction.
    Avatar taken from "The Biting Pear of Salamanca." See the original here: http://ursulav.deviantart.com/art/Th...manca-29677500

us

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6776 times
    Believe what you will, I know what I know.

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1209 times
    Relic Hunting

(PS - I believe I did the above calculation and translation correctly. But as gematria it is a silly concept I may be off - but neither do I care. It has no basis in nature or science).
    Gematria is not a silly concept Charlie. A form using the Greek instead of Hebrew, "Isopsephy", was certainly used in the 1st century and therefore usable for historical information in some instances. The problem is that most who use it for argument (discussion) don't understand the purpose it served, which was what could be called, the "Pig Latin" of the day.

Cheers, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; Jan 11, 2019 at 08:38 AM.
    franklin likes this.

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    I think there was some question of early Europeans, similar to the inuit, following seals and such on an ice bridge across the Northern Atlantic over a period of several years. The theory was perpetuated by the discovery of certain tools (points) in North America that were identical to those used by migratory Eastern Europeans.
    The Solutrean hypothesis has been thoroughly debunked.

https://scienceblogs.com/aardvarchae...ean-hypothesis
    "The Templar theory is an example of what happens when someone gets an idea and then attempts to find evidence to prove it, rather than evaluating the evidence and then forming a theory to explain it."

--Dave Rishar.

ca
    Feb 2016
    Nova Scotia
    596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Yes there have been others over here to this country even by 600 BC there is records of the Tribe of Dan and King Solomon's outcast over here at that time.
    Cool. Let's see it.
    "The Templar theory is an example of what happens when someone gets an idea and then attempts to find evidence to prove it, rather than evaluating the evidence and then forming a theory to explain it."

--Dave Rishar.

us

Feb 2006
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13035 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    Gematria is not a silly concept Charlie. A form using the Greek instead of Hebrew, "Isopsephy", was certainly used in the 1st century and therefore usable for historical information in some instances. The problem is that most who use it for argument (discussion) don't understand the purpose it served, which was what could be called, the "Pig Latin" of the day.

Cheers, Loki
    Kabbalists believe that the name of something (or someone) contains power. By naming something (or learning the name of something) you then have power that can be used to control or manipulate it.

There is no basis in science for this. Gemanitra is a pre-Kabbalistic, per-Judaich Assyro-Babylonian (and later Greek) method of codifying words into a "distilled" numerical value that was eventually borrowed for use with Hebrew. To the extent that it was used a a method of encrypting messages it has a relevance. As far as the "distilled" numerical value of any given name or text having significance of itself - again, there is no scientific basis for that concept.

There is still too large a gap to connect any such activity to Oak Island. If Henry Sinclair crossed the Atlantic, if he visited Oak Island, if he had anything of value to deposit, if he decided to, if he had the ability dig that deep, if he was of a mind to leave it and no one else knew of whatever it was or no longer wanted it, if he wasn't murdered by his crew and the loot stolen and his body dumped overboard . . . too many "if"s.
    GoDeep likes this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1209 times
    Relic Hunting
    Kabbalists believe that the name of something (or someone) contains power. By naming something (or learning the name of something) you then have power that can be used to control or manipulate it.

There is no basis in science for this. Gemanitra is a pre-Kabbalistic, per-Judaich Assyro-Babylonian (and later Greek) method of codifying words into a "distilled" numerical value that was eventually borrowed for use with Hebrew. To the extent that it was used a a method of encrypting messages it has a relevance. As far as the "distilled" numerical value of any given name or text having significance of itself - again, there is no scientific basis for that concept.

There is still too large a gap to connect any such activity to Oak Island. If Henry Sinclair crossed the Atlantic, if he visited Oak Island, if he had anything of value to deposit, if he decided to, if he had the ability dig that deep, if he was of a mind to leave it and no one else knew of whatever it was or no longer wanted it, if he wasn't murdered by his crew and the loot stolen and his body dumped overboard . . . too many "if"s.
    No argument with any of your reply. My point was about the historical use of isopsephy as for instance in Pompeii and had nothing to do with Oak Island, at least as far as I know. In my case it was more about the 153 fish mentioned by the alleged writer of the Book of John in the Greek New Testament previously discussed here. And all I was saying is that "Gematria" is more than simply a silly concept.

Cheers, Loki

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1209 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Raparee View Post
    The Solutrean hypothesis has been thoroughly debunked.

https://scienceblogs.com/aardvarchae...ean-hypothesis
    There are some adherents still working on the theory although I am not one of them! I must admit though that I have not been keeping up on any related research so thanks for the link.

Cheers, Loki

us

Jun 2012
    6776 times
    Well If you think gematria does not work? It found the Ark of the Covenant of God and the Holy Relics. It has found a gematria code in the KJV Holy Bible. It has found a hidden message in the Declaration of Independence on how to find the Ark of the Covenant of God and the Holy Relics. It was used in the Streets and buildings in Washington, D.C. to tell one where the Holy Relics are hidden. And if that is not enough there is another hidden message in the Declaration of Independence that is 1554 letters long but I have not been able to decipher it, yet.

us

Feb 2006
    13035 times
    Metal Detecting
    Did it now? I hadn't heard the Ark o'Cov had been found . . . except in Hollywood.

I disbelieve that belief alone is equivalent to physical proof or evidence.
    Megalodon and Toecutter like this.

us

Jun 2012
    6776 times
    First, I have got to figure a way to get permission. That is not going to be easy. Second, it is going to take deep pockets to uncover the truth. Third, how exactly can you get near the Ark of the Covenant of God? Fourth what if unmasking the location of the Ark of the Covenant of God it brings about THE END. Is it worth it?

us

Feb 2006
    13035 times
    Metal Detecting
    According to the source that says it had ever even existed at all it has been handled by several gentile groups and we're all still here. (Unless you believe like some that the end times have already been).

My soul is prepared. But I doubt it will be more than an interesting relic. God doesn't need props and He doesn't live in a box.
    etex and Toecutter like this.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links