Books to read on the Templars connection to the new world (Nova Scotia, O.I) ?

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
lol... The whole discussion on about KT going to Oak Island was as pirates.. They even claimed the KT "may have" originated the skull and crossbones. Pirates were not nice guys..

Where did the treasure come from? It was not there's was it? They stole it. No one just handed them the artifacts to take home...

They we armed church mercenaries fighting an invasion on foreign lands... What do you think they were doing there?

I will look for a source when I get a chance but was reading it a while ago (few seasons) when they first started with their whacko theories.

What do you think they were doing. Protecting caravans with prayers?

The most that can be said is that were not as bad as some of the other Knights that were there....

So you have less evidence for your statement then us "wacko's" who think the Knight Templars visited Oak Island!

Cheers, loki

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki this is just from a quick Google search.. It is not what I read as it was a few years ago and I cannot remember where I read it from... But there is multiple sources of bad stories about the Knights Templar.

There are NO credible stories/reports of the KT visiting Oak island.

Believe what you wish but by the end of their order the KT were not saintly nice guys..... They were criminals...

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/templars/knights_templars01.htm

https://computerscience.johncabot.e...s- The Knights Templar in Medieval Europe.pdf

The Knights Templar were participants in many slaughters/battles in the crusades ie Siege of Jerusalem (1099)
Massacre

Atrocities committed against the inhabitants of cities taken by storm after a siege were normal in ancient and medieval warfare. The Crusaders had already done so at Antioch, and Fatimids had done so themselves at Taormina, at Rometta, and at Tyre. However, the massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem may have exceeded even these standards.[13][14][15] Historian Michael Hull has suggested this was a matter of deliberate policy rather than simple bloodlust, to remove the "contamination of pagan superstition" (quoting Fulcher of Chartres) and to reform Jerusalem as a strictly Christian city.[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(1099)

9. The Templars abused the duties of charity and hospitality and used illegal means to acquire property and increase their wealth.
It is well known that in the latter years the Templars became extremely wealthy and were often ruthless in the manner in which they obtained it.

THE HERMETIC ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS OF TEMPLAR

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki this is just from a quick Google search.. It is not what I read as it was a few years ago and I cannot remember where I read it from... But there is multiple sources of bad stories about the Knights Templar.

There are NO credible stories/reports of the KT visiting Oak island.

Believe what you wish but by the end of their order the KT were not saintly nice guys..... They were criminals...

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/templars/knights_templars01.htm

https://computerscience.johncabot.e...s- The Knights Templar in Medieval Europe.pdf

The Knights Templar were participants in many slaughters/battles in the crusades ie Siege of Jerusalem (1099)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(1099)

THE HERMETIC ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS OF TEMPLAR

In my own humble opinion mainstream Templar History would be books by Charles Addison or Piers Paul Read to name a couple of excellent accounts, although one of the persons in your link, Helen Nicholson is also very knowledgeable except for her statements on La Rochelle. There are two others that I could mention if asked. Some of the others you link to and wikipedia, not so much.
As for the charges levied against the order in 1307, the Church later issued an edict exonerating the Knights Templar, but mysteriously the paper went missing until recently.
To be sure the Templars as a whole were not saints, but in the middle ages no group was, not even the Church itself, especially not the Church!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
sasquash

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
What do you think of this book:

The Templars: The Secret History Revealed By Barbara Frale ?

FC30BD67-8CE5-488E-AB94-D4B0DBB42055.jpeg

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Another poster on here was talking about "The Lost Templar Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair" by Diana Muir.
Supposedly based on the Sinclair family's detailed journals through time...
It's heavily tied to the Zeno Narrative which as we know, was written after the original documents were destroyed.
This book is supposedly based off of Sinclair journals which were found in the US and subsequently destroyed.
The author then realized she made a mistake and wrote volumes of what the documents entailed.
That's a lot of written "history" from memory based off of historical documents that were destroyed and can't be verified...
Muir, a professional genealogist for the LDS Church, would know the how important the "original" journals are for provenance verification, and that she disposed of what she termed as "copies", not in Henry Sinclair's hand, but transcribed from the alleged original journals, make the "supposedly based" most likely a completed work of embellished fiction derived from the fictional Zeno narrative that never mentioned Sinclair by name.
*NOTE* Richard Henry Major, who published his English translation of the Zeno narrative in 1875, changed "Prince Zichmni" in the narrative to "Prince Sinclair".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread