Templers to NA before Columbus, "Ground breaking History"?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Eleanor Barraclough, a lecturer in medieval history and literature at Durham University, suggests the site was not a permanent settlement, instead a temporary boat repair facility. She notes there are no findings of burials, tools, agriculture or animal pens - suggesting the inhabitants abandoned the site in an orderly fashion.

Evidence shows it to be more of an "orderly evacuation" than a "dead-end".

Columbus didn't stay in the New World, either. ;-)

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
im agreeable to the viking theory. i feel that they would have kicked the templars butts right outta there.plus, they were not afraid to make landfall anywhere. and historians wonder who would have won if the vikings and native americans fought 500yrs ago. oh come on.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think there were any Templars to kick out, and as for the locals - there were a LOT more of them and they had the home field advantage.

It probably came down more to: what is there here worth fighting for? Not much to trade for (new foods, animal hides, some nice lumber that the locals could hardly harvest - no metal or technology). M'eh.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Evidence shows it to be more of an "orderly evacuation" than a "dead-end".

Columbus didn't stay in the New World, either. ;-)

Greenland was not an orderly evacuation, but I get what you're saying.

And to be fair to the Greenlanders, regardless of whether their downfall was the result of climate change, ornery natives, land degradation, a cultural resistance to adapting to their environment, or all of the above, the fact of the matter is that they stuck it out for a few centuries. That wasn't easy.

(But if you were to ask me, had the Greenlanders been willing to eat marine mammals, the USA's main language today would be Old Norse, or something close to it. Just saying.)

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's funny that you mention Point Rosee. I only learned about that about a week ago, and Nordic voyages to the New World are an interest of mine. I'm less than convinced that Point Rosee is something important, but I'm still researching it. Really though, L'anse aux Meadows makes up for every other false alarm as far as I'm concerned.

i think that Point Rosee has been found to not be a Norse settlement. They sure did hype it up, though.

https://www.northernpen.ca/news/loc...nt-rosee-in-southwestern-newfoundland-214092/

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there were any Templars to kick out, and as for the locals - there were a LOT more of them and they had the home field advantage.

It probably came down more to: what is there here worth fighting for? Not much to trade for (new foods, animal hides, some nice lumber that the locals could hardly harvest - no metal or technology). M'eh.

There was land. Considering that the Greenland colony was failing, new and productive land might have been worth fighting for.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
im agreeable to the viking theory. i feel that they would have kicked the templars butts right outta there.plus, they were not afraid to make landfall anywhere. and historians wonder who would have won if the vikings and native americans fought 500yrs ago. oh come on.

Lets see, some 30 Norse and 2000 1st Nations, oh come on. You have heard of George A. Custer! I guess the Vikings could have brought their Gatling guns, George had left his at the fort. Just guessing on the odds btw.
Cheers, Loki

Cheers, loki

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i do not know who came here first but, there were many types of banded people here and they were not lost. i would like to think the vikings visited first myself. columbus, forget him as he was lost and i do not believe he ever set foot in north america. ask the dominicans what they think of his enslaving them, raping their women , giving then wonderfull diseases, and other fun stuff. i do not believe they feel that they were lost so how can you claim domain. because you are more powerfull and history pushes this thought on us. 1492, naw.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do not know who came here first but, there were many types of banded people here and they were not lost. i would like to think the vikings visited first myself. columbus, forget him as he was lost and i do not believe he ever set foot in north america. ask the dominicans what they think of his enslaving them, raping their women , giving then wonderfull diseases, and other fun stuff. i do not believe they feel that they were lost so how can you claim domain. because you are more powerfull and history pushes this thought on us. 1492, naw.

If Columbus was first in the Americas where did all of the Indian mounds, fortifications here in North America come from? Also like the Mayans and Incas where did their technology and wisdom come from? What about all of the thousands of red headed giants buried all over North America? Where did they come from? History is a big JOKE. And the professors that teach it know better but not wanting to buck the system they teach false tales in hopes everyone still believes them The world and it's knowledge is growing faster than their brainwashing over the past few thousand years.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Columbus was first in the Americas where did all of the Indian mounds, fortifications here in North America come from? Also like the Mayans and Incas where did their technology and wisdom come from? What about all of the thousands of red headed giants buried all over North America? Where did they come from? History is a big JOKE. And the professors that teach it know better but not wanting to buck the system they teach false tales in hopes everyone still believes them The world and it's knowledge is growing faster than their brainwashing over the past few thousand years.

Just wondering why it's not possible for local First Nations to have built these mounds or develop the necessary technology. Why would it have to have been introduced by outsiders?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did the First Nations come from? Secondly, Indians during the 1800's did not have the skill or technology to do what has been done all over north and south america. So that should answer your questions.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we have reports from deSoto who actually observed the local FN building these mounds. Something that was confirmed by the French who observed and recorded that same thing. No Europeans required.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Indians were descendants from the Lost Tribes of Israel. They came over some before 600 BC. The Holy Family came over after 70 AD. There were thousands of Europeans in America long before CC. One day history will get it right.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a movie I might be interested in watching. Thank you.

More reality in this serie that O.I. For sure

0EFCE13E-73F7-4AB0-8987-FA43DFDE5061.jpeg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those Indians were descendants from the Lost Tribes of Israel. They came over some before 600 BC. The Holy Family came over after 70 AD. There were thousands of Europeans in America long before CC. One day history will get it right.

There were people in the Americas some 10,000 years before the scattered Canaanite tribes decided to go monotheistic and form Judea and the Hebrew faith in what is now Israel. Some sites in the US may be from 20,000 years before in some regions. (And smart enough to have avoided any "Great Flood").

In fact, depending which creation myth you subscribe to humans may have started in the Americas and moved out from there. ;[-)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were people in the Americas some 10,000 years before the scattered Canaanite tribes decided to go monotheistic and form Judea and the Hebrew faith in what is now Israel. Some sites in the US may be from 20,000 years before in some regions. (And smart enough to have avoided any "Great Flood").

In fact, depending which creation myth you subscribe to humans may have started in the Americas and moved out from there. ;[-)

Sorry Charlie wrong again.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

...oooooooookay...

*slowly backs away*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread