All Treasure Hunting

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. Good. Since you so firmly believe this, it doesn't make sense for you to stick around on this thread does it?

Don’t worry....I’ll be sticking around to continue to point out the fictional tales as the hoax continues....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does" below" mean closer to the water, further south, or underneath? And if underneath, that would indicate it or some portion of it was destroyed.

Soooo. Perhaps the sled was used to haul the rocks used to make a crib/dock art the shoreline. (For boats, not treasure offloading). No sense making structures to secretly hide something.
My assumption was 'below' meant closer to the water...

I was thinking maybe used to haul the clay to waterproof the logs.

My guess if you take a look at the graphic of the U shaped structure

sc-3.jpg

The two logs are spaced apart. I think the wedged tipped logs were pushed vertically between the two horizontal logs of the U shaped structure and hammered into the ground. This gave them support and stopped the need to hammer them very deep in the earth. The log wall that was created was then packed with clay to make the water proof coffer dam to block the "speculated" flood tunnels.

Early coffer dams were much more likely to be wood as before bulldozers making a soil coffer dam would be much harder.

I speculate it was this group that built the U shaped structure

In 1861 McCully was corporate secretary of the newly-formed Oak Island Association of Truro, which was able to raise a large sum of money. With a work force of 63 men and 33 horses, the Association made several attempts to solve the problem of water flooding in the “money pit”.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No stone was ever discovered at 90 feet. Neither were oak platforms at every 10 feet. All parts of the hoax story.....
There is documentary evidence that a stone was discovered...

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...lost-90-foot-stone-part-2-in-a-special-series

So I do not see the point in denying this.... (I agree there was no decipherable code on the discovered stone - The original finders never claimed there was). The oak platforms were only discovered to thirty feet (Once again documented evidence from reports of original searchers).. After that no more planks were found just evidence of digging according to the earliest reports...

Read the original documents if you are truly interested... Simply saying hoax to everything does not help much....

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have been major news regardless of time period. 200 million tons of dirt, sludge, and rocks recovered is a more accurate statement...

Read about George Anson. British Parliament even made up a poem about his bringing to England exactly 2 Million Pounds in Spanish Plunder. The Shugborough Monument set up by his brother gave the exact latitude and longitude of Oak Island.

OP
OP
W

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add to the conversation... This was discovered by Dan back when he first exposed the U shaped structure

View attachment 1680046

this thing looks stupid heavy. I've never seen it b4. had to use animals to drag it around, or possibly a system of pullys. it looks like it would weigh as much as it's cargo!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if I saw that sled before or not... I didn't know it was buried underground.... hmmm.
Seem more like a vessel to haul stuff in.

I just came across this 1970 study of Smiths Cove. Looks identical to the graph supplied on OI last week doesn't it?
1970 SC.jpg

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this thing looks stupid heavy. I've never seen it b4. had to use animals to drag it around, or possibly a system of pullys. it looks like it would weigh as much as it's cargo!
J.Steele speculates in her book that it is part of the equipment used in making pine tar...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I saw that sled before or not... I didn't know it was buried underground.... hmmm.
Seem more like a vessel to haul stuff in.

I just came across this 1970 study of Smiths Cove. Looks identical to the graph supplied on OI last week doesn't it?
View attachment 1680171

That is really interesting.. I thought they claimed they were the first to find the L shaped structure.. But it is clearly marked on that diagram. It even appears the wooden wall "may" be marked on the diagram.

It does show that Dan dug most of it up....

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is really interesting.. I thought they claimed they were the first to find the L shaped structure.. But it is clearly marked on that diagram. It even appears the wooden wall "may" be marked on the diagram.

It does show that Dan dug most of it up....

Right! Its not "the first time these structures have been seen" as claimed by the Lag brothers. Do they not think some of us actually do research these items? Man, they would never survive under the scrutiny that we use to do on the old Lost forums!

I will keep digging as I bet these items have been uncovered multiple times and are prob from the first 2 or 3 searcher groups.

#11 does show the box Dan found 3' down.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "fact" is that of the 28 groups that have dug (per the chronology link Xaos provided) none have reported finding the treasure, or a treasure, or evidence treasure was there but later removed.

Fact.

In the current TV series some formerly mute descendants came forward and claimed that some valuables had been found. Maybe. We have family history of Grandpa' WWI rifle (he died in the 1970's) - which was a $3 Springfield Krag that the DCM sold in the 1920's. Family History gets distorted.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...AND for the 347th time, it's up to the believers to supply the facts. Not the skeptics.

Sadly there aren't alot of facts dealing with the Island. There are the descendants that claim the original 3 found treasure. It is a fact they said it just no way for even them to prove it at this point... and all these years have been for nothing if true.. Bam story over... Skeptics and believers can't touch that... unless your calling them a liar...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, no one ( singlestack ) post for me to prove it. I can't and you can't either...

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
...AND for the 347th time, it's up to the believers to supply the facts. Not the skeptics.

Sorry, I disagree. We are at an impasse There is nothing you and I can further discuss.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Sadly there aren't alot of facts dealing with the Island. There are the descendants that claim the original 3 found treasure. It is a fact they said it just no way for even them to prove it at this point... and all these years have been for nothing if true.. Bam story over... Skeptics and believers can't touch that... unless your calling them a liar...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, no one ( singlestack ) post for me to prove it. I can't and you can't either...

I would agree HOWEVER, how can you explain that the original three spent nearly their entire lives around the island with John Smith buying multiple plots on the island? Anthony Vaughan was nearly 70 years old still searching with various treasure hunting companies. You don't find treasure and stick around if it's gone. Something compelled them to stay. Just some of the things to point out.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the same argument I use along with others when people don't believe the boys did any real searching and it was all a hoax from the beginning, but now when I say they might have found a treasure it is used the other way as to way did they stick around. I say to that maybe they thought there would be more Treasure buried around. No need to buy other lots if the only treasure is in the pit whether you found it or not...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, maybe they found a little and were hoping there was more.

Again . . . small treasure becomes big story.

If I found a mason jar full of silver coins in my back yard you can bet I'd check the WHOLE back yard thoroughly.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, maybe they found a little and were hoping there was more.

Again . . . small treasure becomes big story.

If I found a mason jar full of silver coins in my back yard you can bet I'd check the WHOLE back yard thoroughly.

SO if your willing to admit maybe they found some treasure then the story if over. No need to be part of the skeptics on here...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread